Post-Game Talk: No defense for this loss

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Any goalie forced to stop 30-40 shots every nite is gonna burn up...he's not ****ing Tretiak!

My opinion is that Helle will need to bring his Save Percentage up to .915 to .920 for us to do anything in the playoffs. I believe he's around .905 --"not good enough"

You have your opinion--and I have mine.

Reactions: sipowicz

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
Northern MB
I refuse to believe that. When healthy, this team has the talent to be a powerhouse. Chevy, from a talent perspective, has assembled a contender. If we are consistently performing significantly less than the sum of our parts, then it is rather obvious that we need a new coach.

We have lots of high end skill, sure. Probably more than most teams.

I don't know how far you can go on pure skill alone, though, and you need skilled players who actually know how to play defensively. Some of that is coaching, though I don't know how much. All I know is that the proof is in the pudding, and this current Jets team absolutely bleeds scoring chances.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
We have lots of high end skill, sure. Probably more than most teams.

I don't know how far you can go on pure skill alone, though, and you need skilled players who actually know how to play defensively. Some of that is coaching, though I don't know how much. All I know is that the proof is in the pudding, and this current Jets team absolutely bleeds scoring chances.

We showed last season that we can be an excellent defensive team with the same personnel. This year, it is the opposite. Why? The personnel hasn’t changed...so what is the overall underlying, systemic issue if we have the same personnel as last year?

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

My opinion is that Helle will need to bring his Save Percentage up to .915 to .920 for us to do anything in the playoffs. I believe he's around .905 --"not good enough"

well his save% went up after this game(.910) so thats a start! it's really not hard to find these stats btw

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I really don't think Maurice should be playing Perrault on the 2nd line. Perrault is more of a "mucker" , a guy that works hard, but really we need a 2nd line with scoring talent on it, and Perrault doesn't fit that mould.

Actually this was a good fast game by both teams -- we just fell apart in the last 2 minutes. Chiarot drove the net a couple times tonight and looked great.

Reactions: blues10

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

Over the past three months, his save percentage has been in that range, so I have some good news for you.

Reactions: GNP

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Since All star break

Scheifele- 15 GP G-6 A4 P-10 +/- -7
(Avg icetime 21:46 per game)

Wheeler- 15 GP G-3 A-9 P-12 +/- -7

Laine- 15 GP G-4 A-4 P-8 +/- -13!!

Little- 15 GP G-3 A-7 P-10 +/- -4
(Avg icetime 15:04 per game)

(Some Jet fans: that damn fake 2C needs to go. Thank god he got bumped down the lineup. He is not earning his pay and we need to dump him this summer) by some I mean like 1 or 2.

Reactions: FFHockey

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I think we did the same thing last season in Stastny's first game.

As I recall, he scored to put us in the lead with 10 minutes left in the third and we blew it.

At least we looked awesome!

1127648765_slide.jpg

Reactions: Jets 31

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
well his save% went up after this game(.910) so thats a start! it's really not hard to find these stats btw

Yes, I know where to find the stats, but we know what we're talking about here. It's good to know his numbers came up a bit tonight.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'd like to see Ehlers and Connor on the wings with Hayes at center, rather than having Perrault on that line --I think we'll see this--hope so.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Not sure who else was at the game tonight but you can see things at the rink that you can’t see on tv. Especially play away from the puck.

I’m not going to single any one player out but we are playing sloppy/lazy at times. Not paying attention to details, cheating in areas of the ice and making some really bad/dangerous reads.

When we had Pardy, Harrison and Pavs back there we played a cleaner game, especially our forwards in our end and in the neutral zone. I’m suspecting some guys are both mentally and physically fatigued and this is the result. When those players are on for a 1/3 + of the game these are going to be the results more often than not.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Happy with the result to be quite honest. Team has to learn to bring it for 60 minutes every night. A little adversity will do them good.

I think there's a lot of wisdom in what you say, and maybe some adversity, will bring out the "best" in this team -- or the worst. I'm obviously hoping for the "best."

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

Helle has been right around .915 since December 1.

Your opinion is fine, it's just wrong based on the data that's available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad