Post-Game Talk: No defense for this loss

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
GNP - with respect, Helly was .923 tonight and he's .909 on the year after a really slow start. Essentially he's playing well now - its not his fault the team is allowing ten zillion shots/game.
If you want to direct your guns to someone that made a mess of things, I would humbly suggest that Myers didn't do his bit with the game on the line.

You do make a very good point Kanadalainen -- we're allowing far to many shots on our goal. If Helle saved tonight at .923 as you say -- he did his job.

Something else needs to be fixed -- "good post by you here"-thanks

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
Here's a poll question. Will Wheeler or Little post a single 20 goal season during their extensions? I'm thinking no.

Reactions: hudster

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Doesn't seem to matter who they match up with they are playing like ass. That's on them. Everyone loves to blame the coach because its easy. It's tough saying your player have been **** because it gives people hope that if we jhust had a new coach somehow they would get their heads out of their asses.

I think a lot of people would like to get rid of Wheeler, not to mention that contract. It was only days ago when people were calling for Laine to be traded. Little has often borne the brunt. Pick pretty much any defenceman, and add one Helly.

Every player on the team has had a heap of criticism. And why not, they make it easy.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
I know I have gone off on Wheeler and especially Scheif on here. (and took some heat I may add) Thought that they continued their brutal play again tonight. The passiveness on the last PK by them was embarrassing.

But what in the hell was PoMo thinking putting Little’s line out after Minny tied the game? Little is great defensively but Connor and overrated Roslovic are very weak in our end. How does Lowry’s line not come over the boards? You’ve given up the tieing goal, do you not want to shut the other team down and take it to OT? We have a ton more skill to throw at them there and no way would Minny hold us off at 3 on 3.

Having said all that... Kulikov and Myers defended like crap on the go ahead goal.

Last edited:
Reactions: hudster

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
We're really lucky Nashville is slumping as well, as we're only one point out of 1st place, but these teams like the Blues and the Wild are catching up fast. The Jet's may find themselves battling for a playoff spot, disappointing after such a great start.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
I know I have gone off on Wheeler and especially Scheif on here. (and took some heat I may add) Thought that they continued their brutal play again tonight. The passiveness on the last PK by them was embarrassing.

But what in the hell was PoMo thinking putting Little’s line out after Minny tied the game? Little is great defensively but Connor and overrated Roslovic are very weak in our end. How does Lowry’s line not come over the boards? You’ve given up the tieing goal, do you not want to shut the other team down and take it to OT? We have a ton more skill to throw at them there and no way would Minny hold us off at 3 on 3.

Having said all that... Kulikov and Myers defended like on the go ahead goal.
Yup. And Lowry shoulda been out there for the final faceoff. Maurice is doing very little to help this team right now. Maybe I expect too much from a coach.....NAH

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Never really had a big concern before recently about Maurice but I’m starting to

I can see how you'd feel that way, however if we win our next game against Nashville, we're in 1st place. Let's not get overly worried to quickly, as I believe Maurice is doing his best, and coaches with some passion.

I think we have to see how the next 20 games go before hanging the coach. The players have to put out as well. Are we getting this 100 % effort from the players ??

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Here's a poll question. Will Wheeler or Little post a single 20 goal season during their extension? I'm thinking no.

Wheeler did just have 5 of them in a row. I think him and Scheifele just need to be split up. Wheeler is also obviously hurt missing a fair amount of practices recently. Hoping recently its more injury then age. I think splitting him and Scheifele would give them both a kick in the but. They are comfortable playing stupid amount of minutes together right now going through the motions

Reactions: Jack722 and GNP

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Wheeler did just have 5 of them in a row. I think him and Scheifele just need to be split up. Wheeler is also obviously hurt missing a fair amount of practices recently. Hoping recently its more injury then age. I think splitting him and Scheifele would give them both a kick in the but. They are comfortable playing stupid amount of minutes together right now going through the motions

This is a very good post here --and I wonder how many posters think it's time to split up Scheifele and Wheeler ??

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC

This is a very good post here --and I wonder how many posters think it's time to split up Scheifele and Wheeler ??
Many here have been suggesting this for a long, long, long time. Most of them, tall hockey foreheads. Maurice's forehead not quite as tall.

Reactions: GNP

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016

I think it should have happened back in December. It sends a message to the entire team that EVERYONE is accountable-there is no favouritism on this team. The coach is the boss-not the vets.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
That was maybe the best team game I've seen from the Jets in weeks. Real positive despite the crushing end.

Top line looked real good. Hayes and Beaulieu with awesome debuts (though I can already see why Rags fans were frustrated with Hayes extreme pass bias)

Hellebuyck was great

Man, how those hc jerseys aren't our primaries are beyond me

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Hah the hot takery in here is funny. This was a very even game apart from a bad penalty with 3 mins to go and a bad bounce. I dont know if you knew this but Byfuglien is our best defenceman. Things will look a lot different when he gets back.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Wonder if Chevy could sense a downward trend and added top 3 lottery protection to his 2019 1st pick, just in case.

If that happens, Chevy should win GM of the year even though they missed the playoffs. :sarcasm:

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
That was maybe the best team game I've seen from the Jets in weeks. Real positive despite the crushing end.

Top line looked real good. Hayes and Beaulieu with awesome debuts (though I can already see why Rags fans were frustrated with Hayes extreme pass bias)

Hellebuyck was great

Man, how those hc jerseys aren't our primaries are beyond me

Great insightful post from you Jet--"as always", and I do agree with you. The Jet's played with speed all game and looked really good. For some reason they collapsed in the last 2 minutes to void what should have been a victory. It was a fun game to watch. You gotta be able to close out close games.

I do think in order to win --we need Ehlers going at full clip as well as Kyle Connor, and I don't think we saw that. We need scoring and aggressive skating from these young guys, and charge the offensive zone hard, and I didn't see that tonight.

Ehlers should be on a line with Hayes at center and Connor on the other wing-- not Perrault, who's more of a defensive player. ( can't score)

And those Heritage uniforms are "classics"--the best looking in the NHL- they should always wear them - I love them.:thumbu:

Reactions: Jet

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Did anyone expect one man to change the whole team in how they approach the game defensively?

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Hah the hot takery in here is funny. This was a very even game apart from a bad penalty with 3 mins to go and a bad bounce. I dont know if you knew this but Byfuglien is our best defenceman. Things will look a lot different when he gets back.

Morrissey is. But I agree we badly miss both. But the fact that the game was "even" is still not good even with our 2 injuries. That Wild team should be nowhere near even with the roster we have and dressed tonight

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Please enlighten me to how Chiarot provides positive value in any capacity. Even just considering today's game.
Are you f***ing kidding me???
1.4 million salary cap that's ranked at #153 for defense man in the NHL .. that's great valve but don't worry he will getting bigger payday with his next team.
Lol ... If you want a Bobby Orr defense man it will cost you 11 million.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad