Post-Game Talk: No defense for this loss

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Decision will need to be made at the end of the year about Little, Perreault, and Kulikov, on top of what they do with Trouba, 2nd year in a row that they have told Little your not good enough to be a second line centre, Kuli is up and down like a yoyo, and Perreault really doesn't accomplish much out there.

I dont know if anyone would take little his cap hit for what he does is just not acceptable. Myers is gone Trouba will be traded but still has a lot of value and kulikov yeesh. ...

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC

I don't know ? - I think losing Lemieux may prove to be a bad deal over the long haul. He's been scoring, and crashes the net.

We'll have to see how Hayes does for the balance of the season --so far he looked a little invisible -- but way to early to judge.

Our big guns like Wheeler, Connor and Ehlers did not look dominate at all.
I thought Hayes looked good.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
We will make the playoffs some how, however we wont make it out of the first round. I cant name a team I think we would beat in the 1st round.

"We're an underdog in the first round" is certainly much more grounded in reality. But to miss the playoffs? People forget that even the worst team in the league each and every year finds a way to win about 30% of their games and get about 35% of their points. For us to miss the playoffs we'd have to violate that standard to a degree unfathomable. Too big a lead, too few games left.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
If by some divine intervention the team makes post season, it's still a fail for giving up a first round. The team was not worth investing in. Coaches and players dug themselves into this, they should've dug themselves out. And if they cannot, justifies a couple big name trades and a coaching change in the off season.

Everyone say it wth me... #FOURWINFEB.

Embarrasing.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sep 30, 2016
Finished watching the game on PVR.

giphy.gif

That's all I got.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Just as an FYI, even the more pessimistic of the two models (MoneyPuck) says that we're several times likelier to win the Cup than we are to miss the playoffs.

So for those legitimately beating the "we're going to miss the playoffs" drum: imagine if, right now, someone was proclaiming that the Jets were absolutely, positively, definitely going to win the Stanley Cup.

Think about how outrageously myopic and blind and unrealistic and ridiculous that person would look.

Well, your "we're going to miss the playoff" takes are several times more ridiculous than that.

Perspective, people.

That is all.

I don’t think we’re missing the playoffs but we are easily trending toward a 1st round exit, which isn’t much better.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I dont know if anyone would take little his cap hit for what he does is just not acceptable. Myers is gone Trouba will be traded but still has a lot of value and kulikov yeesh. ...

Give me a break. Back onto Little are we. He has been better then our freaking 1C since the new year. Still on pace for 50 points. Prob wont hit it now as 3 or 4C. But my god he is a 2C by stats, and is on pace for 50 points as a centre. Look at guys that bring that and there cap hits. Usually comes in around 5 per year. But yes keep blaming little. He was the problem tonight with his 12 mins of icetime

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
Most coaches don't do a whole hell of a lot outside of line matching. This isn't peewee.
S

I disagree. The coach also provides leadership, accountability, devises the overall systems, makes in-game adjustments, shakes a team up (even the vets) when this is required and holds the team to its game plan.

Either our coach is completely failing at this for quite some time or the team is not responding...or a combination of both.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
Doesn't seem to matter who they match up with they are playing like ass. That's on them. Everyone loves to blame the coach because its easy. It's tough saying your player have been **** because it gives people hope that if we jhust had a new coach somehow they would get their heads out of their asses.

I’m not absolving them of playing like crap. They’ve been terrible as a tandem for weeks. Maybe splitting them would send a message. Or sitting them. Or at least not running them out for 20+ a night, every night like they are earning that ice time, and absolutely draining them at the same time.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I thought Hayes looked good.

Hayes should be good -- he has good numbers this season. I didn't see to much from him tonight -- buy hey, I'm willing to cut the guy some slack, as it's his first game here. He wasn't bad -- let's just give him some time here, and see what he does. I'm hoping he'll be a big plus on this team.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I don’t think we’re missing the playoffs but we are easily trending toward a 1st round exit, which isn’t much better.

It isn't much better but it's actually grounded in reality. And as things stand right now I'd say we're definitely an underdog to make the second round.

But as a great man once said, "if reality is sufficient, then why exaggerate?"

Reactions: snowkiddin

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
Decision will need to be made at the end of the year about Little, Perreault, and Kulikov, on top of what they do with Trouba, 2nd year in a row that they have told Little your not good enough to be a second line centre, Kuli is up and down like a yoyo, and Perreault really doesn't accomplish much out there.

There is nothing they can do about Little with that NMC. Perreault has been fine and was really good today but his counting stats being so bad and him having 2 years on his contract after this year will make that contract hard to move. May even have to sweeten the deal to move that contract, maybe the same with Kulikov esp if you don't want salary back.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad