GDT: NJD @ WSH; Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I love when Kovy is so aggressive and has the killer instinct. If we didnt have him we'd have the worst offense in the league by far haha..he's such a beast. I'd like to give Lotki a few shifts in the top 6 to see what he can really do. He's been solid not even considering the goal. His passing has been brilliant. And get Fayne in

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Ugly, but I'll take it.
I won't say the refs handed the game to the Caps, because the refs were also a major factor in the goals against as well. It's what happens when whistles become permanent attachments in games.

It's all about making the most of your opportunities. Devils managed to do that, despite some lackluster PPs to begin with.

But, this kind of reminds me of a rough patch last year when they played better down a goal than up a couple of goals. Slowly dug their way out of it and started to play some good hockey... hoping for a similar path.

But, hey, they're practicing their superior sense of resiliency for the playoffs this season ;)

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know how Lokti found his way on a line with Poni, and Gio. It was certainly better than him riding 3rd wheel with the goon squad though.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Loktionov was very impressive tonight, I had a sneaking suspicion that he had it in him to contribute in this league, hopefully he keeps it up. I want to see Ponikarovsky-Loktionov-Kovalchuk at some point :p

Good game, I say put Moose in on Saturday

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Wtf the Devils won.. After even watching the highlights and seeing how our defense was just cones for caps i was sure we'd lose. Great to get 2 pts, though.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Henrique was phenomenal on the PK tonight - he may not be putting up a ton of points right now but I've been very impressed with his hard work along the boards and in the defensive zone

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Moose is likely in Saturday. Or Sunday at home, but I'd bet Saturday.

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
OK, understood. They might pay a price later on for this overuse of him, damnit.

If you look alot of these "extra" minutes are on the PP..Not the most taxing minutes especially with that umbrella PP . In games where there aren't alot of penalties his ES minutes are in the low 20s

Devils86

Apr 8, 2008
Henrique was phenomenal on the PK tonight - he may not be putting up a ton of points right now but I've been very impressed with his hard work along the boards and in the defensive zone

Problem is hes our 2nd line C not our 3rd line checking center,,,Zajac 2 pts in 14 games. AH 4 shots total in the last 7 games...our C need to do much more on the O side.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Moose has yet to play a home game IIRC. Id give him Sunday. I want him to hear Moooooooooooooooooooose after every save

Nope he hasn't played at home yet. I like throwing in another goalie when we're playing back to back games with the same team though. Especially since they haven't faced Moose yet.

MultipleMiggs1

May 30, 2008
Monmouth County, NJ
I liked the stretch where it seemed like Kovy and Ovechkin were just trading rushes. It was like they were trying to outdo each other. It was giving me heart attacks at the time, But it was exciting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad