Confirmed Trade: [NJD/EDM] Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
well its quite obvious teams knew how bad Oilers need dmen and made them pay HUGE... so I guess Chia still needs to acquire a puck moving PP type dman... I wonder what that is gonna cost him now geeze

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Larsson went from an abysmal offense with no high end talent to a team loaded with it. I suspect he 'breaks out' aka hits 40 points and keeps playing how he played last year. Def a ballsy move by chia though, hows he ever work again if this fails.

dre2112

Jul 17, 2007
US and A
Happy as an Oilers fan. Hall is one of the most gifted athletes in the game today, but he has the hockey IQ of a pineapple. Lucic will be a fine replacement. He doesn't create things like Hall, but he's smarter and can do all the gritty stuff. Doesn't have to be a driver playing with McDavid.

A healthy Klefbom paired with Larsson has me very excited.

Are you kidding me? Lucic is as dumb as a doorknob. Enjoy bad penalties and no offense

scott99

May 13, 2005
Man, that was Grand Larssony by the Devils. Sorry couldn't help myself. Chia definitely studying the art of the deal at the Mike Milbury GM school. Wow, filthy steal by the Devils. And Oiler fans were expecting Hamonic + from the Islanders. Instead they got less than Hamonic straight up. Oy vey. One of the worst trades I've ever seen.

AgentWebster

Jul 7, 2013
Raleigh, NC
riytg5.jpg

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Honestly I get the reasoning for the Oilers. They had to break up that core. But teams weren't going to just let them out of the mess they were in. They'd have to overpay or lose a trade to get those guys out and still get solid players back.

That's what happened. Hall is an extremely skill forward, but he was an Edmonton Oiler for years and that sucked up value. Plus everyone knew the Oilers had to make a trade and wanted to bust up that core for defense. So....not a great position to make a trade.

But for too many years the thing has been "well let's just hold onto our skilled forwards then" and it hasn't worked. Sometimes you have to lose a trade to win.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
Lmao at everyone overrating Hall.

Larsson is a top pairing d man about to enter his prime. Hall is a 1 dimensional winger big whoop he is a dime a dozen especially on Edmontons roster.

What does Hall do that mcdavid, draistl, RNH, eberle or even yakupov can't?

Kessel is better and if TO got Larsson for him nobody would say a single negative thig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad