Nintendo Switch #5

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I can't watch right now but if so that's the most exciting announcement from Nintendo in years for me. I wonder who is developing it as I believe the previous developers went out of business
Comes out this November I believe so it won't be too long before you can give it a play.

Looked like it should be fun and have a similar gameplay flow to the older games.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Absolute banger of a Nintendo Direct. Here is hoping that all of those will be playable on Switch 2 as I literally just sold my Switch a couple of months ago :laugh:

Reactions: robertmac43

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Alright, a lot more than I was expecting.

Echoes of Wisdom and Mario & Luigi Brotherhood are musts for me.

Mio looked interesting. Might get on sale.

Donkey Kong Country Returns depends on the price.

I might get Dragon Quest I & II solely for my childhood nostalgia for Dragon Warrior.

I own Luigi's Mansion 3 but haven't played it yet. Should give it a go before spending more money on 2.

I used to love Mario Party, but my son wasn't into it so I doubt I'll get Jamboree unless he changes his mind.

Strays might be an on sale buy for me.

Metroid Prime 4 looks pretty. Haven't played the series yet at all, though.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Alright, a lot more than I was expecting.

Echoes of Wisdom and Mario & Luigi Brotherhood are musts for me.

Mio looked interesting. Might get on sale.

Donkey Kong Country Returns depends on the price.

I might get Dragon Quest I & II solely for my childhood nostalgia for Dragon Warrior.

I own Luigi's Mansion 3 but haven't played it yet. Should give it a go before spending more money on 2.

I used to love Mario Party, but my son wasn't into it so I doubt I'll get Jamboree unless he changes his mind.

Strays might be an on sale buy for me.

Metroid Prime 4 looks pretty. Haven't played the series yet at all, though.
LM 3 was my first foray into the series, and I found it quite enjoyable, definitely worth a playthrough

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Not a bad direct. A lot of lulls but that's to be expected when the system is in its final year. I'm not a Prime guy but happy for those who are.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Comes out this November I believe so it won't be too long before you can give it a play.

Looked like it should be fun and have a similar gameplay flow to the older games.
Yeah I took a look at the trailer, overworld stuff looks fantastic but I'm more mixed on the combat. Some shots look great, others give off a Unity fan game vibe to me. Need to see more but I'm excited to see a new entry in what I thought was a dead series.

Reactions: robertmac43

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Wow - a new Mario + Luigi game releasing this year. I really liked the art style!
Tbh this really looks like a 3DS game, I know its been like years and years since they shut down AlphaDream but I'd bet this was the game they were working on. I think Nintendo re-hired most of the staff after closing them.

I could be wrong though.

Fantasian looks amazing. Glad Nintendo got it off Apple Arcade.

I know this is controversial but I like Donkey Kong Country Returns way better than Tropical Freeze. Excited to play it without motion controls.

Last edited:

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Tbh this really looks like a 3DS game, I know its been like years and years since they shut down AlphaDream but I'd bet this was the game they were working on. I think Nintendo re-hired most of the staff after closing them.

I could be wrong though.
You're right, it does weirdly look like a 3DS game. Something is off with Mario and Luigi's models though I appreciate that they brought back the black outline around the characters. I also find it strange that it runs at 30 FPS when it's pretty clear that there isn't much going on graphically or CPU wise especially during battles.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
You're right, it does weirdly look like a 3DS game. Something is off with Mario and Luigi's models though I appreciate that they brought back the black outline around the characters. I also find it strange that it runs at 30 FPS when it's pretty clear that there isn't much going on graphically or CPU wise especially during battles.
The Paper Mario remaster also runs at 30 FPS. They favor stability over FPS.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Absolute banger of a Nintendo Direct. Here is hoping that all of those will be playable on Switch 2 as I literally just sold my Switch a couple of months ago :laugh:
You think so? I thought that it was pretty much 88% JRPGs, 8% 10-year-old games, and 4% real shit.

Echoes of Wisdom looks bloody fantastic though, not going to lie. The Metroid 4 trailer had to be one of the most anticlimactic ones I've seen for a AAA title. They should've gone the Halo 3 announcement trailer route but decided to hit us with a "look at Samus, now look at 10 seconds of action" rubbish. Awful stuff from Nintendo to try and build hype there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad