Prospect Info: Nils Lundkvist: Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
If everyone works out it will be a roster like peak Nashville/St Louis- built from the back outwards

But with hopefully a bit more star-power on the wings. Would be dissapointed if Kakko and Lafreniere will not be better then Forsberg. NAshville/St. Louis succes gives me hope thtat a 1b centre will be enough. Sure a bonafide 1C would be cool, but might be a luxery we can not afford.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
But with hopefully a bit more star-power on the wings. Would be dissapointed if Kakko and Lafreniere will not be better then Forsberg. NAshville/St. Louis succes gives me hope thtat a 1b centre will be enough. Sure a bonafide 1C would be cool, but might be a luxery we can not afford.

I think Chytil has 1C potential.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
No he isn't. Statboy Steven and @Amazing Kreiderman are the same person, can't fool me any longer. No Batman/Bruce Wayne "crusade" here.
Vally gives "only one" of them much due credit. Would be cool if Vally someday gave a shout out to his "better half" with HF.
He's always been the same guy. I just never took him seriously until I saw his podcast because I usually disagree with his scouting takes but he has good statistical opinions backed by numbers.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
ROR was a bonafide superstar TWF the season the Blues won the cup...

xsniper11x

Jul 12, 2002
Visit site
And all of STL and NSH Cs were acquired through trades. In a flat cap world, more names will come available. We just need to ensure we have the assets and cap to go after them (as opposed to putting them all in the Eichel basket).

Reactions: H00fHearted

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
If everyone works out it will be a roster like peak Nashville/St Louis- built from the back outwards
I think Tampa/Nashville hybrid. We should be playing Tampa style hockey though.

We are our own creature.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Imagine if we have two Adam Foxes.

giphy.gif

1Gla0Fj

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Jones is more a Brady Skjei than an Adam Fox to be honest. I don't think Jones is as defensively responsible as Fox and Lundkvist, but still an exciting prospect. Definitely will be fun to see him battle it out with Robertson

I agree he is not on that level and probably won’t be but maybe a Fox lite lite

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I think that at this point, there's no more denying Lundkvist's offensive acumen.

I've always had doubts about how well it would translate, but they've faded. He probably isn't going to be a dominant offensive guy, but I bet that he would be an immediate improvement over Trouba or Miller on PP2.

Points or not, he reeks of Fox-lite. If he can psychically emasculate forecheckers in the same way, we're going to have a d-corp that gets brought up in therapy sessions for years.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think that at this point, there's no more denying Lundkvist's offensive acumen.

I've always had doubts about how well it would translate, but they've faded. He probably isn't going to be a dominant offensive guy, but I bet that he would be an immediate improvement over Trouba or Miller on PP2.

Points or not, he reeks of Fox-lite. If he can psychically emasculate forecheckers in the same way, we're going to have a d-corp that gets brought up in therapy sessions for years.

The last thing I am worried about is Lundkvist's physicality. He has shown at all levels that he doesn't shy away from the physical side of the game. SHL, World Juniors, men's national team games, every level he has shown that edge.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
The last thing I am worried about is Lundkvist's physicality. He has shown at all levels that he doesn't shy away from the physical side of the game. SHL, World Juniors, men's national team games, every level he has shown that edge.

I said "psychically" emasculate haha

If he can think the game nearly as well as Fox and make consistent smart plays is what I meant!

Reactions: MarkMessyay11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad