Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov - Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
BTW the 42 PP minutes(115 total minutes) Mackinnon has over Kucherov equates to roughly 7 points. The other 73 minutes is roughly 6 points, if you're using his PPM averages

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Let this be my closing argument as to why Kucherov deserves the Hart over Mackinnon

1. Mackinnon has 40+ more PP minutes than Kucherov this year but has 5 less pp points
2. Colorado had the softest schedule in the league this year, Lightning were middle of the pack
3. Against top 10 teams this year, Kucherov scored 1.92 PPG vs Mackinnon 1.18 PPG
4. Mackinnons PDO craters when the game is tied, while Kucherovs PDO remains relatively the same
5. 100 assists
6. 50+ points over next closest teammate
7. Art Ross

Mackinnon
1. Plays better defense(lol)
2. Plays center so has better talent?(lol)
3. More goals
everyone knows that Kuch is MVP he was more valuable to team tha Mac, Kuch is the reason why we are in PlayOffs, Kuch played on hoghest level from start til end of season. But Kuch is Russian and Mac Canadian, it would be really cool move from NHL to give Kuch mvp like fcuk politics, but they most definetly wont, but everyone knows that Kuch is Mvp

Reactions: Outl4w and Rschmitz

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Mac isn't clutch! Only feasts on bottom dwellers!
I actually think his playoff numbers bear that out. I've never deep dove them or anything but it seems like he would eat teams like Arizona alive and then come back to earth against better teams.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Kucherov was robbed.

1. Mackinnon has 40+ more PP minutes than Kucherov this year but has 5 less pp points
2. Colorado had the softest schedule in the league this year, Lightning were middle of the pack
3. Against top 10 teams this year, Kucherov scored 1.92 PPG vs Mackinnon 1.18 PPG
4. Mackinnons PDO craters when the game is tied, while Kucherovs PDO remains relatively the same
5. 100 assists
6. 50+ points over next closest teammate
7. Art Ross

Mackinnon
1. Plays better defense(lol)
2. Plays center so has better talent?(lol)
3. More goals

Kuch with the Art Ross trophy

The real trophy is on the left in both pics.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm curious as to how Kucherov will respond on the powerplay this year without Stamkos. My first thought is that he's more of a shooter now.
We have seen it a couple of times. Stamkos has had a lot of lengthy injuries, and, really, the PP hasn't suffered. I feel like that is a big factor in what happened here.

My guess is we set up with either Guentzel or Point on Stamkos's side, but higher up toward the blue line. The year we had Jonathan Drouin in that spot we carved up PKs around the league.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Kucherov usually responds by making better decisions on the PP instead of forcing a Stamkos pass like he's obligated to.

Reactions: Zwui21

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Kucherov's best PP years align pretty well with Stamkos's. We'll still be a force on the PP but we're definitely taking a step back, how we play will certainly depend on who takes Stammers spot.

You gotta go all the way back to 2016-2017 to see how Kucherov played on the PP w/o significant Stamkos time. Definitely shoots the puck more, we were 6th in the league on PP efficiency and 1st in goals that year.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Kucherov usually responds by making better decisions on the PP instead of forcing a Stamkos pass like he's obligated to.
The guy is pretty damn good at the "forced" pass then.

I don't think any of it had to do with "forced" or "obligation", the guy gets off on making great plays first and foremost and is unparalleled at seeing possibilities that no one else sees, but no matter how good you are at it, sometimes those possibilities aren't really there. If you want to call that forced, ok.

Excited to see maybe a bit more shooting out him nonetheless because, as we all know, he can flat out snipe.

Reactions: Renopucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad