Player Discussion: Nikita Kucherov - Part 3

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
People get mad because our players show emotion when they lose. Kucherov might hate losing more than anyone else in the NHL. Love him and his outbursts.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I thought the clip was hilarious tbh.

no one had a stick ready for him?

The clowns on the main boards are losing their minds over this. 🤣

Reactions: PJ817

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
People get mad because our players show emotion when they lose. Kucherov might hate losing more than anyone else in the NHL. Love him and his outbursts.
This. Kucherov is the most to blame in the tantrum area but I'd rather have that than barking at the refs from plugs and overrated "stars" who never get it done.

Like everything else "wrong" with us, it's because of Tampa's success that they despise our players. They'd be creaming their pants if he was on their team.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
This. Kucherov is the most to blame in the tantrum area but I'd rather have that than barking at the refs from plugs and overrated "stars" who never get it done.

Like everything else "wrong" with us, it's because of Tampa's success that they despise our players. They'd be creaming their pants if he was on their team.
On twitter last night, bunch of hockey pages were saying how we cry to the refs every game and how we were babies because we complained about the two goals scored last night. Was so annoying. Pretty sure any team would complain about those goals scored. Plus they made no mention of bednar doing the exact same thing as cooper, BEFORE cooper even did it (talking to refs after a period)

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
On twitter last night, bunch of hockey pages were saying how we cry to the refs every game and how we were babies because we complained about the two goals scored last night. Was so annoying. Pretty sure any team would complain about those goals scored. Plus they made no mention of bednar doing the exact same thing as cooper, BEFORE cooper even did it (talking to refs after a period)
Yeah.

"Bednar never complains"

*complains post game*
*complains during intermission*

Ok guys. Right. Nobody other than Tampa complains to the refs.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
he's as competitive as anyone and in the closing seconds of the elimination game, he gets handed the wrong stick?

yeah, I get him being pissed; the manager has ONE job to do and e'ffed it up... not that it would have mattered, but in the heat of the moment, in the dying flames of hope, I understand Kuch (and love his passion)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
His draft year/after we drafted him, what was his ceiling?

I just remember this kid getting his first game then scoring on his first shot on his first shift. Good times.
I remember a lot of us believing he would be a 30-30 type. Not so much a ceiling as just a projection. But before he broke into the NHL that projection bumped up to 40-40.

I remember having a discussion a few years ago about how some of us believed he would be regular in the NHL's top ten scorers, and a lot of people thought we were insane. To be fair, nobody realized he would go on to score the most points since early dead puck era and tie an all time assist record for wingers. To say nothing of the beast he turns into come playoff time....

...Kuchy Monster?

It felt like every year up until he was 24 or 25 we realized the ceiling was a bit higher than we previously thought.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad