Confirmed with Link: Nicolas Deslauriers contract with Flyers, 4 x 1.75AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
It has to be said again, 31 yo signed to a 4 year deal. I wouldn’t sign most any 31 yo to a 4 year contract. This terrible hockey player will be 35 making almost 2 million a year. Very likely to still be here or at least on the books after Torts, Fletcher, Provy, etc etc. All the while cutting Lindblom out. It’s so nonsensical I would wonder if Fletcher has dementia.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It has to be said again, 31 yo signed to a 4 year deal. I wouldn’t sign most any 31 yo to a 4 year contract. This terrible hockey player will be 35 making almost 2 million a year. Very likely to still be here or at least on the books after Torts, Fletcher, Provy, etc etc. All the while cutting Lindblom out. It’s so nonsensical I would wonder if Fletcher has dementia.
It'll only cost $750 K or so to bury him in a year or two, so it's more head scratching than an outright disaster.

Reactions: CSKA1974

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
As much as I dislike this move today I have another four years to stay mad about it
Well look at it this way. The GM is almost assuredly being fired this season for his blatant incompetence so try to look on the bright side. Furthermore I simply don't care anymore until he is or wish to even watch a few minutes of this dreck so whatever man. Just run out the clock on this tool bag. He wont be here by the deadline most likely and if not then I can wait longer and watch teams that aren't the opposite of good hockey if I get a hankering for some playoff hockey. Last playoffs were great and I don't even miss the dumbass org anymore. It's like they don't even exist other than being the butt of jokes.

Reactions: BernieParent

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Wilson isn't remotely afraid of Deslauriers. Wilson went after him. That may be their only fight, despite having numerous opportunities for Deslauriers to take him on. What a bad justification that'll never come to pass.

The worst takes every year are "hghghghggggggg we need Some Goon because guys will be so scared of him!" Newsflash, nobody in the NHL is afraid of these guys at all. They don't prevent shit. They don't send messages. Nobody cares. They can just ignore them if they want.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I like how Chuck listed all the guys they want to take a look at this season (the guys that have to go on waivers) while they are going to trot out two of the biggest plugs in the league on the 4th line. Where exactly are these guys going to play?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It makes you wonder if they're overreacting to comments from wealthy box owners (those guys in their 50s) that the Flyers aren't the Flyers anymore - thinking that this kind of moves will endear themselves to the fans that matter - the ones that fill the expensive seats.

Reactions: BernieParent

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Just everything is wrong about that signing: absurd cap hit for a 4th liner, can't justify the term and even if someone is stuck in BSB nostalgia way of thinking that remains bad roster building.
You can add a guy like that for 750K on a 1 year deal every year and there is no reason to bid against yourself.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
My brain so read Elliot Desnoyers 4x1.75m or whatever it actually is, and I was like wtf?!? That's not an entry level contract!!!

I'm sad that was the highlight of my day...

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
My brain so read Elliot Desnoyers 4x1.75m or whatever it actually is, and I was like wtf?!? That's not an entry level contract!!!

I'm sad that was the highlight of my day...
I thought the same when first told.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
It makes you wonder if they're overreacting to comments from wealthy box owners (those guys in their 50s) that the Flyers aren't the Flyers anymore - thinking that this kind of moves will endear themselves to the fans that matter - the ones that fill the expensive seats.
How can you constantly drum up BS and try to defend this GM? Chuck actually thinks this a a good move. Northing more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad