Confirmed with Link: Nicolas Deslauriers contract with Flyers, 4 x 1.75AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Van Buren Boy

--------------------
Aug 18, 2006
689FB6C3-A064-4089-87BC-B935E23084E1.png

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Kinda beat how a group of undeserved millionaires can completely suck the joy out of me watching and intently rooting for my hockey team. Now i still watch the good teams and have fun doing so, but don't have any rooting interest or that level of fandom anymore.

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
I’ve said I don’t like the term or the salary but the first time he beats Tom Wilson to a pulp it will be all worth it.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
ngl i genuinely thought this guy already had at least one stint with this team before, around the Berube era.

seems like a bad sign for a new signing when my first reaction to it is "NO, GO AWAY, WE ALREADY GOT RID OF YOU ONCE"

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The Deslauriers contract doesn’t bother me much.

I don’t love the term, but I understand it. The team is trying to grow some balls. It does have value, because he’s not a bumbling incompetent on the ice, like some paint him.

And I like the DeAngelo acquisition.

But, man, I really wanted something else with pizzazz.

Gaudreau would have brought excitement. Maybe a contract you rue, & I think many here were against it, but I’m starved for some entertainment.

I suppose they’re stuck because JVR is unmovable without attaching a 1st (I don’t think many here support that) & I guess they simply can’t treat Ellis as a season-long LTIR write-off.

So if they make a splash the rest of the summer, I guess it’ll have to be the proverbial “hockey trade.”

Reactions: flyersnorth

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I don’t love the term, but I understand it. The team is trying to grow some balls. It does have value, because he’s not a bumbling incompetent on the ice, like some paint him.

Gaudreau would have brought excitement. Maybe a contract you rue, & I think many here were against it, but I’m starved for some entertainment.

I suppose they’re stuck because JVR is unmovable without attaching a 1st (I don’t think many here support that) & I guess they simply can’t treat Ellis as a season-long LTIR write-off.

So if they make a splash the rest of the summer, I guess it’ll have to be the proverbial “hockey trade.”

Annnnnd he's come around to continue supporting a man on the shortlist for worst GM in league history.

You are repeating your Stewart mistake

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

I’ll give ya credit that your willing to die on the Chuck hill, but you are one of like 3 people I have seen on Facebook, hfboards, Reddit and twitter that liked it. Other than Chuck of course.

Also no he is a bumbling idiot on the ice. Literally almost every advanced stat and the eye test backs that up.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Stewart I didn't mind, trying out guys on 1yr, minimum wage contracts that can be buried with no cap ramifications isn't a big deal unless you're tight against the 50 contract limit.

Giving four years to a guy who should get 1yr, $1M at best is gross stupidity.
It's not that he might not be useful, guys like that as the 13th forward can dress for road games against select teams and have value.
But for what he's paid, he has to start at 4LW. So now they have to waive Ratcliffe.

Zenithfly

Apr 8, 2021
This about does it for me. I may tune into a few games this season but I’m done with being a “fan” of this team and spending money on merch/tickets to games etc…. I know Chuck is certainly a moron but I also don’t doubt for a second that these decisions were absolutely approved and pushed by Clarke/holmgren. Chuck is a bitch boy for them and that’s the sole reason he hasn’t lost his job yet. Hak was a garbage coach but I truly believe the real reason hexy didn’t want to get rid of him was because it became about his ego vs Clarke/holmgrens in addition to hak being easy to manipulate from his end rather than him actually valuing hak as a coach at that point. The saddest part is Bobby Clarke could have gone down as the greatest flyer in history and lived happily ever after but when all is said and done he will have stains on his legacy because of how long he and the old boys club have held this team back. Until those guys are gone nothing will change. There is an off chance they do fire fletcher and he takes the fall for decisions they also had a large say in, but in reality the most likely scenario is chuck will go to his “co president” role exclusively and Danny b will be the next bitch boy in line to do the dirty work for the old morons. It’s the reason why they constantly bring in former players, because they need people they have a history with on a personal level to be able to manipulate them into dumb ass decisions. If they hired an objective mind as GM none of their suggested moves would ever get done and because of their egos I’m sure they’re still blaming this entire mess on hextall when they are just as much to blame. It is pretty hysterical if you don’t care or root for the team, for the rest of us it’s literal torture and I’m just done with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad