Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part 11

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I am the one who doubted Suzuki based on preseason and early season games. My fault guys, my fault.
No, I don't think that's fair I said it too and it was deserved, since the disaster start he's been much better and we can be honest about his performance he's not above reproach

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I mean I'm keeping my eyes on Romy and Caufield as well,

I said it in the DVO thread, I think that we go one of two ways depending on where the chips fall with the draft, but it starts with trading chariot for another first round pick

Then they either draft someone like Nemec and build around the backend and defense or draft someone like Wright and build around offense with Suzuki and Wright
Over

For this year, I see the best case scenario being drafting Wright. The worst case scenario which is more probable is drafting Nemec. It's really a win win long term and I'd be over the moon if either happened. Ultimately if Habs get any pick besides a top 2 pick, id probably opt for picking Nemec. In 3 years, that backend would be elite if Nemec turns into a dominant #1

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Suzukis contract should be a timeline for a potential retool. I can actually see the Habs doing recently next year and the year after. But after that they gotta do a major retool. Or they can start trading away assets now while eating cap

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's a reasonable question, given we know he's on the radar for the future and being ppg on this shit team is quite an achievement.

But yes, there are almost certainly too many players ahead of him. Players like Scheifele, O'Reilly, Stamkos, are borderline to make the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Vachon23 and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Suzuki a +1 with 10 points in 12 games is astounding to me considering how poorly this team has played overall. He is the only reason to watch this team. Just keep padding the stats kid.
Dvorak on the other hand is a -10. I know he is much better than this, well I hope he is.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Suzuki a +1 with 10 points in 12 games is astounding to me considering how poorly this team has played overall. He is the only reason to watch this team. Just keep padding the stats kid.
Dvorak on the other hand is a -10. I know he is much better than this, well I hope he is.

Half his points came in the past couple games but I hope this is him turning it up now and kinda getting out of the early season doldrums. Pressure must had been immense on him to start, but this kid is a gamer.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Half his points came in the past couple games but I hope this is him turning it up now and kinda getting out of the early season doldrums. Pressure must had been immense on him to start, but this kid is a gamer.
Agreed his contract automatically put immense pressure early on. Once he just started playing hockey his game came around. At barely 22 we have a legitimate top line center. Once Caufield is ready that will be one more piece.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
He still went 10 in 8 after going scoreless the first 4 games. He has had points in 6 of those 8 games so hopefully it's a sign of things to come. Consistency is the key with Suzuki, hopefully no big slump this year

Reactions: Tyson

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
I was critical of his early play, but he's playing excellent lately. A serious bright spot for a mediocre team.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
you weren't the only one, as I had said to a couple posters that Suzuki was the last player we needed to worry about.
We should only be so lucky to have Suzuki as our biggest problem. A great example of a player who upped the tempo of his play from junior and that progression continues.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
LA Kings are 5-5-1, 11 pts, 6 th on pacific coast
Kopitar is 7 7 14 pts, 0+
Danault is 1 4 5 pts -1

Injured players
Doughty, Arvidsson, Byfield, Walker

Lately in a game vs New Jersey,
Danault was dominant at the dot throughout Friday's game. He won a faceoff in overtime, then retrieved the puck later in the shift to set up Alex Iafallo for the decisive tally. Danault has helpers in four of the last five games, giving him five points, 19 shots on goal, 13 hits and a minus-1 rating in 11 contests overall. He's locked in as a solid two-way center on the second line.

And when in Montreal, other teams are in a shootfestival Allen or Montembault.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad