Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part 11

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
Last year when he had 66 points the second highest scorer had 38 points. He had 1.737 times the points of the second highest scorer on the team. If that doesn't scream special I don't know what does. 1.737x the points of the second leading scorer on his team is bananas and almost unheard of.

His growth in points this season has basically come from having better players to play with that were absent last year. He has 71 points this year and the second highest scorer has 56 points. That is a spread of 1.268 times the points of the second highest scorer. That is more reasonable than last year's 1.737 times number.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
PK Subban. A true HOF talent. Too bad he didn’t have the health to go with the talent.
I'm thinking its either him or Suzuki as third but I just slightly like Suzuki above, probably because I'm thinking he's gonna do more long term but eh.

However Subban was not better than Markov imo, though he did have more recognizable moments in the playoffs.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'm thinking its either him or Suzuki as third but I just slightly like Suzuki above, probably because I'm thinking he's gonna do more long term but eh.

However Subban was not better than Markov imo, though he did have more recognizable moments in the playoffs.
Subban was significantly better. Won a Norris at 23. Finished top three on two other occasions. Markov didn’t even become a star blueliner until 27. Subban was also one of the best players we’ve ever had in the playoffs. Much, much better player. Legit HOF talent.

However, his career was short. Markov played much later. I’d have to look at their resumes, maybe Markov had a better career but he was never as good as Subban at his best.

As for Suzuki, his career is in progress. His resume doesn’r come close to Subban’s at the same stage. But he’s also coming off a killer year and he’s improving. Too soon to say.

We also have a bunch of other young players as well. Coming into this year CC had 48 goals in 82 games at a young age but he crapped the bed this year. I still have faith that he could turn into a legit star. Slaf is doing more than any of them did as a teenager… He could be the best we have. Guhle’s playing a number one role at 21 or 22 years old… I love Roy’s game too and then there’s Hutson. It’s pretty freaking awesome.

It’s going to be a pretty good young team a few years from now.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
Kovalev
Koivu
Markov
Subban
Weber
Plekanec
Pacioretty

And probably some others I forgot.

These players are at least as good as what Suzuki has shown so far. Let's not be too crazy.
Peak Plekanec is close to Suzuki right now, but I feel like Suzuki has more offensive potential.

Kovalev did it for one year.

Koivu, outside of his art ross half season, was never playing with good players. Though to gauge. Also, he fought cancer and it’s tough to tell if he could have reached ppg.

Pacioretty was worse than Suzuki. Incredible shooter, but he sure could not drive a line on his own.

Markov/Subban/Weber : very hard to compare F to D

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Just sad that he's one of the few to have reach the 70 milestone that we are celebrating right now. GReat for him. But a disaster for a team like ours. And people keep trying to find Timmins relevant in his drafting when he's the one responsible for that. Yeah...but he found Jake Evans in the 7th round....big f***ing deal....

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
That guy had all the talent in the world. So I’d agree on that front. But I’d take Markov and Subban over him. Kovalev was so inconsistent.
I would too but that’s not a knock on Kovalev (wing vs D - a Norris winner on top).

I’ll take « 80pts without trying » (bs) vs the 30years of guys who look like they care and try really hard we keep paying to watch.

Actually I find Suzuki often looks so even tempered it looks like he tuned out when he’s in a slump - which is not the case at all.

MarioLeMoose

Jul 15, 2022
Kovalev
Koivu
Markov
Subban
Weber
Plekanec
Pacioretty

And probably some others I forgot.

These players are at least as good as what Suzuki has shown so far. Let's not be too crazy.
Weber lol are we talking Nashville Weber or Montreal Weber?
HOF career, hell of a player in his prime. But one of the most overrated Habs players ever.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
IMG_9730.jpeg

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
How many more points would Nick have if CC could scored on just a few of his chances?

Can't help but like the kid,improves year after year with often little support.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Kovalev > Subban/Markov

Subban was surrounded by emotionally weak players and carried the whole team on his back. He made Price happier too.

Kovy played with a team that had some sort of leadership and respected his talent, he was pissing off a few players but they figure it out at the end.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Wow... I've taken a break from hockey was shocked to see that kid is doing as well as he is. Well done Captain Suzuki !

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Just sad that he's one of the few to have reach the 70 milestone that we are celebrating right now. GReat for him. But a disaster for a team like ours. And people keep trying to find Timmins relevant in his drafting when he's the one responsible for that. Yeah...but he found Jake Evans in the 7th round....big f***ing deal....
Timmins is pretty good outside the MB era. Before MB it’s a good record. After him is better. But from 2008 to 2019 it’s a black hole.

And yep, agree that it’s great for Suzuki to get to 70 but absolutely pathetic that he’s only the third to do it in 15 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad