Confirmed with Link: Nick Robertson asks for trade (Update signs 1 year/875k deal with leafs)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Have you seen the Leafs Cap?

They have no room to shelve players under contract.

Yes, they do.

Leafs will ice their best players.

They didn't last year.

I suppose you are saying Robertson won't be one of their best 12 forwards.
You would be correct, they could sign him and he is so bad they can't get him into the line-up without injuries.
You have a point, he wouldn't get playing time over better players all the time.
He'd be used on back-to-back games if the good players needed a break.
Keep in mind all teams have their own worst players.

I don't trust our staff to ice the best players, he likely doesn't from past years either.

I also think it is dumb to not play prospects, especially when they can play in the NHL.

This paragraph is pointless, you are making a statement that Robertson is not one of their 12 best forwards, and I am not sure there is any statistics that could back that up, just your opinion.

Reactions: leafs in five

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Anyone heard any prospective targets Tre is trying to get back? Nick's time here is done .. once you have told everyone you want to leave .. it is over for you

Reactions: Rude Dog

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Yes, they do.

They didn't last year.

I don't trust our staff to ice the best players, he likely doesn't from past years either.

I also think it is dumb to not play prospects, especially when they can play in the NHL.

This paragraph is pointless, you are making a statement that Robertson is not one of their 12 best forwards, and I am not sure there is any statistics that could back that up, just your opinion.

No.

You are correct Robertson probably should go to a team that doesn't have the same talent level as the Leafs.

Competition this year is going to be brutal for the jobs, and he just doesn't seem to be up for it.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Anyone heard any prospective targets Tre is trying to get back? Nick's time here is done .. once you have told everyone you want to leave .. it is over for you

Crickets man.

I don't think he's done here. I think he's got to come in and prove he has the value, we would need to even trade him. He just doesn't have enough value right now.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

$1.2 million in space with a 21 man roster

"They have no space"

Clearly, they do, not sure how you can dispute it.

You are correct Robertson probably should go to a team that doesn't have the same talent level as the Leafs.

I honestly don't take your player evaluation seriously if you think that Robertson is not a top 12 forward on this team but Reaves or Dewar is.

I'll give you that some of the prospects may outplay him.

Reactions: LeafChief

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Robertson has arguably the second best shot on the team. I get he isn't a complete player, but you use that kind of shot, and put it in a position to succeed. We lack timely goal scoring, and he's a pure goal scorer. Figure out how to make it work, and use him on PP2... and actually use PP2.

Pure goal scorers have quite a bit of value once established. He should be put on a line, with a guy who can set him up... and they should be teaching him how to get open, and where to be.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022

"They have no space"

I honestly don't take your player evaluation seriously if you think that Robertson is not a top 12 forward on this team but Reaves or Dewar is.

Are Reaves and Dewer asking for a trade?

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
"I don't like the stats!"

There are likely many reasons he is performing better than those people, assuming it is a small sample size, and a high PDO or something.

Over a larger sample size, it probably comes down.

But I think it is funny that you posted an opinion, were presented with statistics showing it isn't true, and then your response is just to be a child about it.

Right - a logical opposing opinion that does not agree with your pointless post is acting like a child... how mature of you... translation - if you don't agree with me you are child... that right there is what we called reasoned undisputable logic... yup..uh huh... undisputable....

So when you post a graph that laughably suggests that a 3rd line fringe player is better than THREE legit top 6 players, then agree there is nuance to reading the graph.... how is anyone supposed to take that graph seriously? Used toilet paper has more value than that graph. Did you see that graph that suggest McMann is better than Matthews? What conclusions do we draw from that Hockey Jesus?

Well at least he was better than Ryan Reaves?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Right - a logical opposing opinion that does not agree with your pointless post is acting like a child... how mature of you... translation - if you don't agree with me you are child... that right there is what we called reasoned undisputable logic... yup..uh huh... undisputable....

So when you post a graph that laughably suggests that a 3rd line fringe player is better than THREE legit top 6 players, then agree there is nuance to reading the graph.... how is anyone supposed to take that graph seriously? Used toilet paper has more value than that graph. Did you see that graph that suggest McMann is better than Matthews? What conclusions do we draw from that Hockey Jesus?

Well at least he was better than Ryan Reaves?
Not if someone needs a punch in the head.

Reactions: Rude Dog

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Yes, they do.

You think it's dumb to allow prospects to dominate at the AHL level vs play 3rd/4th line 10ish minutes a night at the NHL level... good to know.. probably a good thing you are not making roster decisions eh?

Not if someone needs a punch in the head.

LOL...

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I'm not sure how this rumor got started. Maybe it's just podcast fanboy gossip, but it's believed that Robertson will be traded before Monday.

Reactions: mclaren55

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Are Reaves and Dewer asking for a trade?

I hope so.

Dewar is just overpaid for what he is... but he is still useful, so I don't mind him.

When Robertson was on the ice vs elite players, he did better than some of our elite players against similar competition.

You can get mad at numbers all you want, but they are just numbers.

I even provided a reason I wouldn't take the numbers too seriously and you ignored all that and posted this gibberish instead.

I never said he was better than them, you are drawing that conclusion from this.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I hope so.

Dewar is just overpaid for what he is... but he is still useful, so I don't mind him.

When Robertson was on the ice vs elite players, he did better than some of our elite players against similar competition.

You can get mad at numbers all you want, but they are just numbers.

I even provided a reason I wouldn't take the numbers too seriously and you ignored all that and posted this gibberish instead.

I never said he was better than them, you are drawing that conclusion from this.

First childish and now gibberish? - I'm starting to get the sense you are person who is not comfortable with being challenged. Gotchya

So you post a graph to support an opinion then you follow that up with a "I wouldn't take the numbers too seriously" . First time on this forum, I think I;ve seen someone discredited his own post.... What the what?

Numbers are not numbers ... they need context, unless your intent is to be disingenuous, then sure numbers are numbers... 50% SH% .. the guy is a star.... wait he's only take 2 shots.

Yes 100% I'm drawing a conclusion, this is what normal people do when provided data...

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I'm not sure how this rumor got started. Maybe it's just podcast fanboy gossip, but it's believed that Robertson will be traded before Monday.

There are some fanboi youtubers that have half a dozen Robertson posts that he will be traded soon... in July.... then in August... IMO it's clickbait

I think Lili is gone before Robertson and Topi takes his place at a league min salary.

Last edited:

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Robertson is a FOOL for wanting out.

No better opportunity(or spotlight) than the position he's in right now.
That was my thought too .. our LW pool kinda sucks .. and he is a young kid in a weak spot in our lineup .. to me it was a bad idear on his part to try to play da heavy .. but these young kids today always want way more then they deserve and they never place any blame on themselves .. and Leaf mgmt did themselves no favors by paying out da 3 amigos way too much too soon .. anywho i still hope da kid makes some $$$ at hockey and can get a contract somewhere .. like poster above said da kid can SHOOT .. and not many can SHOOT like him so he will always have an option

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

"They have no space"

This is without Robertson signed.

1724961708427.png

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
""

FWIW... which isn't much.

Reading the article it is not a rumour.

Sportsnet NHL analyst Jason Bukala believes the Sharks are the ideal destination for Robertson. San Jose is in the midst of a rebuilding phase, providing ample opportunity for Robertson to showcase his skills and compete for a prominent role. Bukala argues that a change of scenery is necessary for Robertson’s development, as the Leafs’ lineup simply doesn’t have room for him at this juncture.

He's saying the Sharks suck, so he could play there.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Does anyone else wonder if the Leafs are leaking interest in Pacioretty and now Zadina to put pressure on Robertson to sign whatever deal they may have on the table for him?

If the Leafs sign a LW or even invite PTOs for the spot, Robertson loses even more leverage and he doesn't have much to begin with. This trade request always seemed very odd.

- His value is low, so the Leafs would not motivated to trade him
- He was not arbitration eligible
- He was never going to get an offer sheet the Leafs wouldn't match
- He needs playing time and results to change any of the above, so sitting out is not a great option
- Sitting out makes him look difficult, this trade request does this also.
- The Leafs have lots of kids that could potentially fill his spot: Cowan, Grebenkin and Steeves directly? Minten at LW or C with a C shifting over the wing? Alex Nylander?

Because of the above, I never understood the request. If we sign a LW we actually have no room for him cap or roster wise. He should be getting nervous hearing we are considering this. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a "Robertson signs for 1 x $1.15M" before Labour Day.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
You guys all know what will happen if they trade him……he will turn into his brother or Hyman and score 50 plus goals. It’s how we roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad