Confirmed with Link: Nick Robertson asks for trade (Update signs 1 year/875k deal with leafs)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
If you’re going to be idiotic don’t bother replying.

Your response to my last post was for him to just sign the contract.

I wanted more info on the contract since you know about it.

It'd be pretty stupid to tell someone to do something if you have no knowledge on what they would be doing.

His QO?

Perhaps he wants more money, but that doesn't really seem like an issue that can't be bridged. The dude just wants to leave.

Okay, and the other convos round what is being asked/told to him?

The QO is the base... there is a lot more being discussed I am sure.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
That would be up to the coach.

Isn't that what it should be?

To retain his rights, $813k qualification as required in the CBA.
These are the rules all the players agree to abide by.

And the other information? Which seems to be more important to him.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
How many minutes has he played against top competition and what was the stats around his production?

What is the contract on the table?

I hate that we have so many insiders and they won't share information around the situation.

Do you mind sharing the plan they've laid out for how he will be used with the Leafs this year if he signed the contract as well.

7min and a minus 36? Prove me wrong.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
And the other information? Which seems to be more important to him.

Sorry, are we asking how many times he's permitted to have sex before games?
How often he can get drunk between periods (hockey periods)?

He'd be expected to practice like every other player.
He'd be expected to go out on the ice when it is his shift.

I'm sure he's being asked to be a professional hockey player, just like every other NHL player under contract is.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
7min and a minus 36? Prove me wrong.

Prove fake stats wrong? Not worth my time.

It was just idiotic to state something as a fact when you are guessing.

Sorry, are we asking how many times he's permitted to have sex before games?
How often he can get drunk between periods (hockey periods)?

He'd be expected to practice like every other player.
He'd be expected to go out on the ice when it is his shift.

I'm sure he's being asked to be a professional hockey player, just like every other NHL player under contract is.

Things related to his development and standing with the team.

I am asking for the discussions around his contact after the QO, I am sure they talked.

This is not difficult, you know a QO was offered and the number around it, and then you are saying the kid should sign it or the team should try to ruin his career.

I'd assume you'd have a lot more info than that.

The best interest of the team is likely signing Robertson, second would be trading him, and third would be ruining his career.

Not sure why you are advocating to not do what is best for the Leafs.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022

• Maybe there have been offersheets, but at a low level that Leafs would match.

Perhaps, teams just don't see him the same way the Blues saw Holloway.
    Life after Robertson Thread

I think The Blues see Holloway as a versatile player. Do teams see Robertson as versatile?

• Haha
Reactions: ULF_55

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Okay, and the other convos round what is being asked/told to him?

The QO is the base... there is a lot more being discussed I am sure.

Why are you sure? Please share those internal conversations between Nick's representative and the Leafs to support your sureness.

• Life after Robertson Thread

I think The Blues see Holloway as a versatile player. Do teams see Robertson as versatile?

Holloway was a wrecking ball in the SC playoffs .. he was absolutely steamrolling everyone in his way. If he never becomes a star at least he will be entertaining as hell. If his draft position and his steamroller attitude are any indication of his future, they may just have the next elite NHL power forward..

Reactions: Ianturnedbull

weems

Jul 3, 2008
How many minutes has he played against top competition and what was the stats around his production?

What is the contract on the table?

I hate that we have so many insiders and they won't share information around the situation.

Do you mind sharing the plan they've laid out for how he will be used with the Leafs this year if he signed the contract as well.

Here is a breakdown

Screenshot (1495).png

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Why are you sure? Please share those internal conversations between Nick's representative and the Leafs to support your sureness.

I don't think Treliving guessed when he said this:

"I obviously have known that there was some frustration with Nick on his behalf,"

"We look at Nick as an excellent player and there's a great opportunity for Nick here and we need him to be a good player for us."

Means there more is a discussion than just "here is the QO"

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Things related to his development and standing with the team.

I am asking for the discussions around his contact after the QO, I am sure they talked.

This is not difficult, you know a QO was offered and the number around it, and then you are saying the kid should sign it or the team should try to ruin his career.

I'd assume you'd have a lot more info than that.

The best interest of the team is likely signing Robertson, second would be trading him, and third would be ruining his career.

Not sure why you are advocating to not do what is best for the Leafs.

Again, he's an asset.

Leafs should do what is best for the Leafs.

Leafs already qualified him, and from what is known he has no interest in signing a contract with the Leafs.

Leafs cannot force him to sign a contract, and he cannot force the Leafs to trade him.

The season will open, the Leafs will ice the best players under contract.

Reactions: Menzinger

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Prove fake stats wrong? Not worth my time.

It was just idiotic to state something as a fact when you are guessing.

How do you know they are fake stats? Provide Nicks stats against high end players, along with a link to the reporting database, with a 10,000 word essay on the Art of Douchiery on the Interweb's

"I obviously have known that there was some frustration with Nick on his behalf,"

"We look at Nick as an excellent player and there's a great opportunity for Nick here and we need him to be a good player for us."

That quote does not mean that at all, you are injecting your bias on that quote.

Clearly it is a GM who chose to be Politically Correct and give a bland oatmeal answer in order to not inflame the situation.. Nothing more nothing less..

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Perhaps you just don't understand?

The QO is to retain his rights, meaning they feel he has enough value to make this commitment to him.

Leafs have guaranteed him a job.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

His GF looks to be great...

Not sure Fenwick is the way to go.

GF% vs Elite (Reaves isn't on here because they hide him and 100 minutes was the cut off)

Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 12.37.52 PM.png

Also, thanks for the site, this is super interesting.

Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 12.42.02 PM.png

Reaves for reference...

How do you know they are fake stats? Provide Nicks stats against high end players, along with a link to the reporting database, with a 10,000 word essay on the Art of Douchiery on the Interweb's

They are provided above, and it looks like he does well against tougher opponents, at least the team is winning when he is on the ice.

Again, he's an asset.

Leafs should do what is best for the Leafs.

Leafs already qualified him, and from what is known he has no interest in signing a contract with the Leafs.

Leafs cannot force him to sign a contract, and he cannot force the Leafs to trade him.

The season will open, the Leafs will ice the best players under contract.

Terminating the contract is better than ruining his career.

Not exactly a selling feature to get nothing in return other than a wasted prospect.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022

GF% vs Elite (Reaves isn't on here because they hide him and 100 minutes was the cut off)

View attachment 903836

They are provided above, and it looks like he does well against tougher opponents, at least the team is winning when he is on the ice.

It also suggest that he is better than Nylander, Tavares, Domi and Bertuzzi - so I think you discovered .... nothing... super... thanks. Where is the essay?

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I'm fairly confident that if another team presented a decent trade offer to the Leafs, they would accept it an move on from Robertson. The logical conclusion therefore, is that no other team has done so.

IMO that speaks volumes about the player's perceived value.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I'm fairly confident that if another team presented a decent trade offer to the Leafs, they would accept it an move on from Robertson. The logical conclusion therefore, is that no other team has done so.

You have to wonder whether there is something else that is scaring teams off?

Reactions: egd27

weems

Jul 3, 2008

View attachment 903836

Also, thanks for the site, this is super interesting.

View attachment 903838

Reaves for reference...

Terminating the contract is better than ruining his career.

Not exactly a selling feature to get nothing in return other than a wasted prospect.

Yes you can filter for amount of icetime and specifically against Elite, Middle and Gritensity.

Here it is with 50 minutes of icetime vs just Elite and Reaves is present.

Screenshot (1496).png

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
It also suggest that he is better than Nylander, Tavares, Domi and Bertuzzi - so I think you discovered .... nothing... super... thanks. Where is the essay?

"I don't like the stats!"

There are likely many reasons he is performing better than those people, assuming it is a small sample size, and a high PDO or something.

Over a larger sample size, it probably comes down.

But I think it is funny that you posted an opinion, were presented with statistics showing it isn't true, and then your response is just to be a child about it.

Robertson is the only one who can ruin his career.

I doubt he is that stupid.

If he is signed and sits in the press box, that doesn't exactly help his career, the Europe route is likely better for him.

There are ways to do it if he is signed too.

Aus34Matt

Dec 10, 2017

..or teams are waiting for this season to get going, then identify early enough where they could use a Robertson-type player and make a trade.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
You have to wonder whether there is something else that is scaring teams off?
Bad mouthing his own team down the stretch run to the playoffs wasn't a great look... followed by demanding a trade lol..

Something will sort out.

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
..or teams are waiting for this season to get going, then identify early enough where they could use a Robertson-type player and make a trade.
They would then be trading for a player that has missed all of training camp and the early part of the season, making him even less desirable to give up "fair value" for

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
If he is signed and sits in the press box, that doesn't exactly help his career, the Europe route is likely better for him.

There are ways to do it if he is signed too.

Have you seen the Leafs Cap?

They have no room to shelve players under contract.

Leafs will ice their best players.

I suppose you are saying Robertson won't be one of their best 12 forwards.
You would be correct, they could sign him and he is so bad they can't get him into the line-up without injuries.
You have a point, he wouldn't get playing time over better players all the time.
He'd be used on back-to-back games if the good players needed a break.
Keep in mind all teams have their own worst players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad