Value of: Nichushkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Even if you actually consider his third year as being his sophomore season, it's still not close. One has a pace of 39 points the other 30. Galchenyuk outscored him in 14 less games still.

One was also top 3 and the other was 10th. They are pretty similar in where people think/thought they should be at

LordHelmet

May 19, 2004
Twin Cities
Jannik Hansen for Nichushkin and a mid round pick is something that might work.

Dallas gets a useful utility player on a cheap contact who can play up and down the lineup.

Vancouver gets a young sniper with top 6 upside and a draft pick to help the rebuild/retool/reshuffle
This was already responded to, but...

On what planet are:
"an old (30) useful utility player on a cheap contact who can play up and down the lineup."

"a young (21) sniper with top 6 upside"

..anywhere close to equal value?

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
What gets him in Pittsburgh? Would love to see him with Malkin

Nothing gets him to Pitsburgh. As stated many times he either goes out in a package for a Klingberg partner or he stays in Dallas. Seeing as you don't have a top pairing LHD to spare I don't think there is anything you could willingly offer that interests Dallas

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Nothing gets him to Pitsburgh. As stated many times he either goes out in a package for a Klingberg partner or he stays in Dallas. Seeing as you don't have a top pairing LHD to spare I don't think there is anything you could willingly offer that interests Dallas

Pouliot...1 for 1...and that's a fair deal for both sides.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Pouliot...1 for 1...and that's a fair deal for both sides.

It's almost as if you haven't read the post you quoted... Dallas would need to trade him for a Klingberg partner. Not an other guy to battle with Lindell Nemeth and Oleksiak for a spot in the top 6.

Also, outside of Pouliot simply not being a fit, there is not a single situation were Dallas comes out better in a Pouliot trade due to the expansion draft. We already have our 3 guys on D we are protecting. A trade for Pouliot either does one of 3 things, he doesn't turn into anything and we lose the trade, he plays well and we lose him to expansion, he plays better than Lindell and we lose our top LHD prospect to expansion.

Tldr Nuke for Pouliot does not work for Dallas

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
It's almost as if you haven't read the post you quoted... Dallas would need to trade him for a Klingberg partner. Not an other guy to battle with Lindell Nemeth and Oleksiak for a spot in the top 6.

Also, outside of Pouliot simply not being a fit, there is not a single situation were Dallas comes out better in a Pouliot trade due to the expansion draft. We already have our 3 guys on D we are protecting. A trade for Pouliot either does one of 3 things, he doesn't turn into anything and we lose the trade, he plays well and we lose him to expansion, he plays better than Lindell and we lose our top LHD prospect to expansion.

Tldr Nuke for Pouliot does not work for Dallas

Well nuke won't land you a top pairing D without a significant add lol and I'm not talking your 1st cause that is likely a very late one. I'm sure Dallas would be interested in a deal for fleury given their current goalie situation.

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
Well nuke won't land you a top pairing D without a significant add lol and I'm not talking your 1st cause that is likely a very late one. I'm sure Dallas would be interested in a deal for fleury given their current goalie situation.

"He either goes out in a PACKAGE..."

Seriously man, just read the post before responding.

JerseyJoe

Feb 26, 2012
Some where in Jersey

I think the isles can help the areas you need.
Dallas gets :
Jaroslav Halak
Brock Nelson
Calvin de Haan
Adam Pelech

And isles get two needed RWers
Ales Hemsky
Valeri Nichushkin

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Dallas gets :
Jaroslav Halak
Brock Nelson
Calvin de Haan
Adam Pelech

Ales Hemsky
Valeri Nichushkin

Not bad, value wise. But I think the Stars would rather have a blueliner as the main cog coming back. Not Nelson (who might be the best player in this deal, mind you)..

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Calvin de Haan plays the four dman
And Adam Pelech is an up and coming dman

We don't need up and coming defensemen. I think the Stars might have one of the deepest blueline pools in the NHL. Don't need top 4 D's either. We need top end, first pairing talent. With the expansion draft coming up, I'll doubt there will be any deals made though. Management will look at Honka, Lindell or Johns to perhaps become that blueliner in the near future. If not Nuke could potentially be dealt strictly for that sole purpose. Not for a package with blueliners we have in abundance.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Dallas gets :
Jaroslav Halak
Brock Nelson
Calvin de Haan
Adam Pelech

Ales Hemsky
Valeri Nichushkin

This is bananas. We can't have another expensive goalie, and we shouldn't trade one player who needs to be protected for 3 others.

account deactivated

Finns > Swedes
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I did. And I'm wondering what Dallas would add to him? Because a 1st is not enough. Maybe you missed that, "seriously man"

Nobody missed anything with your posts. You pulled that 1st out of your ass because you apparently believe that a package is when you add a 1st round pick to a player. Regardless, speculating on a package for a defenseman to pair with Klingberg is nearly impossible unless there is an indication of such a defenseman being on the block somewhere around the league. It should be obvious that depending on the calibre of said defenseman, the package would likely include different assets.

It seems like you just didn't like the response that Pittsburgh has nothing that Dallas would want in exchange for Nichushkin (that work given the upcoming expansion draft). Get over it. :P

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I did. And I'm wondering what Dallas would add to him? Because a 1st is not enough. Maybe you missed that, "seriously man"

He said a package, he didn't say just a first. You're making assumptions and got called out for that.

Dallas gets :
Jaroslav Halak
Brock Nelson
Calvin de Haan
Adam Pelech

Ales Hemsky
Valeri Nichushkin

Stars take this and run. We'll make the logistics work later.

This is horrendous value for the Islanders.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Dallas gets :
Jaroslav Halak
Brock Nelson
Calvin de Haan
Adam Pelech

Ales Hemsky
Valeri Nichushkin

That is a steal for Dallas. Leaves them with a three-headed monster in net but that's an easy fix (I think).

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014

And that is why I said he would be part of a package... if Nuke of nor part of a package for a top pairing LHD then Dallas is 100% keeping him especially since Sharp and Hemsky are likely gone

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
I have always liked the idea of a straight trade JVR for Nuke. Considering that the leafs retain more years of control and Dallas gets a prime age LW for a bargain for 2+ years, I think that should be something that both sides will like.

MW6

Sponsor
Oct 21, 2011
Umeå
I think an excellent deal, both value-wise and needs-wise, would be:

Dmitry Orlov

For

Valeri Nichuskin

Both unsigned RFA's, both oozes with skill but haven't really put it all together, both play positions of needs for the other team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad