Value of: Nichushkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Nichuskin really seems like he needs a change of scenery.

What legitimately is the minimum that Dallas would ask for him? What does Dallas need?

a Yakupov swap , Maybe Edmonton adds a pick if Nichuskin if he has more value at this time . I honestly don't know as Dallas is one of the teams I hate so I don't follow them . ( I hate them from all the playoffs battle back in the 90s ) They won mostly :cry:

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW

What legitimately is the minimum that Dallas would ask for him? What does Dallas need?

Why does he seem like he needs a change of scenery? He's played essentially two NHL seasons, happy here, and he's got a good spot in the lineup next year.

a Yakupov swap , Maybe Edmonton adds a pick if Nichuskin if he has more value at this time . I honestly don't know as Dallas is one of the teams I hate so I don't follow them . ( I hate them from all the playoffs battle back in the 90s ) They won mostly :cry:

No interest. Even if Val never develops a top-6 scoring touch, he's still got plenty of size and has great defensive play, whereas I would not want Yakupov on a "defensive" line.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014

He does not need a change of scenery. He struggled to look like his rookie self last year but was still 3rd on the team in assist per 60 and shot at an embarrassing low % that would be shocking if it ended up being his average.

With Sharp and Hemsky on their last years he will get every opportunity to show his worth. Kid just needs a better start to the season and some PP time and he will shine. In our last games against STL he looked like one of our best players out there shift after shift

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Why does he seem like he needs a change of scenery? He's played essentially two NHL seasons, happy here, and he's got a good spot in the lineup next year.

No interest. Even if Val never develops a top-6 scoring touch, he's still got plenty of size and has great defensive play, whereas I would not want Yakupov on a "defensive" line.

To this note I would love if we tried him on the PK every now and again. I think he's pretty solid in his own end and he has the wheels to run the agrees I've counter we tend to do short handed

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Saying he needs a change of scenery is suggesting that Dallas is holding him back instead of Nichushkin himself needing to make changes. The Stars have no reason to move him right now when his value is low.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Maybe package him in a deal along with lehtonen to get fleury, lundqvist or bishop? I would be very interested from Pitt

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
As said before, he doesn't need a change of scenery.

If he does get moved, its in a package for a defender or goaltender.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
What does he need then? He's certainly not living up to the expectations.

To play and gain a little confidence. He had a rock solid first year and then last year could he chalked up to a sophmore slump. He only really has 2 seasons. Way too early to freak out

DasKaiser

Jun 7, 2016
What does he need then? He's certainly not living up to the expectations.

In my opinion, just another in a long line of Russians that just struggle to fit. Takes them a little longer, it seems, like defense. Some become better, others wash out. But, that happens with players from other countries, as well. Will Yakapov, a #1 overall become something??? I think this year is make or break for Yakupov, but Nicky has a bit more time, a year or two. If I was another team out there, I would roll the dice on both, depending on cost.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Nill said yesterday they will sign him. Not sure what the holdup has been, but he seems higher on him than his production last year would suggest. To me, Nuke is all skate, no hands. He did make an effort to play D last year, which was a nice step forward, as they often put him on lower lines when he struggled.

Rookie year he scored 14 goals on Benn/Seguin line, not bad. Brendan Morrow started with 14 goals his rookie year, then averaged 20 the rest of his career, topping 30 twice. Nill seems to think he will follow that path, after the delay of losing a season.

That said, there are rumors he could be available for the right price, and right deal. So many posters propose deals here, but Stars won the west, and really are in need of not much, outside goalie, and as such, I could see him as part of the Bishop deal.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Flames first in 2017. No protection

That seems like a pretty big overpayment at this point. Might seem worth it for the flames in a few years, but right now Nichuskin hasn't done anything to warrant a non-protected 1st from the Flames.

canucks10

Jan 15, 2014
Over the Rainbow
Jannik Hansen for Nichushkin and a mid round pick is something that might work.

Dallas gets a useful utility player on a cheap contact who can play up and down the lineup.

Vancouver gets a young sniper with top 6 upside and a draft pick to help the rebuild/retool/reshuffle

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
No reason to trade him. Dallas has enough talent up front to be patient with Nuke's development

But, if he was going to be moved, I'd assume it would be for an upgrade on D or in net

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Jannik Hansen for Nichushkin and a mid round pick is something that might work.

Dallas gets a useful utility player on a cheap contact who can play up and down the lineup.

Vancouver gets a young sniper with top 6 upside and a draft pick to help the rebuild/retool/reshuffle

No this is straight up awful. Dallas has plenty offense and giving up a 21 year old and a pick for a 30 year makes 0 sense.

Nuke will be cheaper and can also play up amd down the line up. He also has the potential to turn into a solid top 6 guy.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
He would be great on the Rangers and fit well into the youth movement they're doing. Don't think Dallas moves him though.

In terms of the Rangers, maybe a deal around Klein for Nichushkin with whatever picks to even it out

Don't know though

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Unless Val is packaged in something major for a big time goalie or defenseman he's not getting traded. The Stars kind of need him to fill the role of one of Hemsky and Sharp next year. He's very likely getting plenty of top 6 time with the Spezza again now he just has to make more out of it . And thats up to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad