Denver Post: Nichushkin involved in incident that prompted police/medical response

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I agree. Tons of great food options. The only cuisine that is meh is of the Asian slice. Of course living in the PNW I may be spoiled.
I've had really good Vietnamese food in Detroit, but admittedly I haven't branched out to other Asian styles there much. I'm not a Sushi fan, but heard Sozai is amazing.

I really hope Detroit comes back as a city... it is such a cool place with a very diverse and unique vibe.

UnkleKraker

May 31, 2007
Washington State
I've had really good Vietnamese food in Detroit, but admittedly I haven't branched out to other Asian styles there much. I'm not a Sushi fan, but heard Sozai is amazing.

I really hope Detroit comes back as a city... it is such a cool place with a very diverse and unique vibe.
I think it already has. Great hotels, vibey restaurant scene, and cool boutique shops and brands (Third Man and Shinola come to mind.) LCA is also a fun place to go to a hockey game too. Can't really bring myself to root for the Dead Things but I have gone from abject hatred to indifference. That was a long journey.

Reactions: henchman21

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Val will be our biggest offseason addition if his situation all sorts itself out. His loss was hugely noticeable and our stars can't be at their best without him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I think it already has. Great hotels, vibey restaurant scene, and cool boutique shops and brands (Third Man and Shinola come to mind.) LCA is also a fun place to go to a hockey game too. Can't really bring myself to root for the Dead Things but I have gone from abject hatred to indifference. That was a long journey.
Compared to even 5 years ago, yeah so many great strides have been made. I just hope it continues, such a great city with so much going for it (unlike St Louis) if it can economically recover.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
You haven't had shawarma until you've had it in the Middle East.

I don't know, the first time I ever had it was a Greek popup shack on Dover Island. It was the only thing open after the one club on the Island closed at 2am.

I've also had it in Kuwait, Afghanistan, Iraq and Kyrgyzstan. Iraq was the best consistently, but the Greek dude in Dover's Donairs were on point, top two easily. From memory there was a big influx of refugees in the early 2ks in England.

Seattle had two shops across the street from each other that were pretty amazing as well. Both were so busy it didn't matter. Slightly different family recipes. One had the tanish Falafel inside, and the other green. I loved getting the combos.

Sorry!

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I gotta say, I'm a bit bummed that this is being silenced and no one is coming out about it. I know there isn't anything "illegal" per se. But the whole thing is definitely sketchy. Especially Nuke getting rushed away by off duty cops.

Bummed Nuke did this to the team too.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I gotta say, I'm a bit bummed that this is being silenced and no one is coming out about it. I know there isn't anything "illegal" per se. But the whole thing is definitely sketchy. Especially Nuke getting rushed away by off duty cops.

You shouldn't be surprised. This is the Avs way.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin

The term "off duty cops" makes it appear more nefarious than it likely was. Off duty cops = Avalanche security.
Nichushkin was probably whisked away back to Denver b/c/ his antics were too much of a distraction at a critical time in the playoffs.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Nuke is going to come back a beast. Bank it.
MV5BODAwZDQ5ZjEtZDI1My00MTFiLTg0ZjUtOGE2YTBkOTdjODFhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODE5NzE3OTE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Low-key, really, really enjoyed that movie. Just such a preposterous story. I loved how it was based on "true events". The bear OD immediately after doing the coke if I recall the true story correctly. The movie is just a "what if...he lived and got hooked."

• Wow
Reactions: CobraAcesS

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Low-key, really, really enjoyed that movie. Just such a preposterous story. I loved how it was based on "true events". The bear OD immediately after doing the coke if I recall the true story correctly. The movie is just a "what if...he lived and got hooked."
I saw it and thought it was terrible... But it was entertaining. Like I didn't find myself bored at any point, but it was a shit movie hah. It left me feeling conflicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad