Denver Post: Nichushkin involved in incident that prompted police/medical response

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Pretty much this. As long as his teammates are ok with it and not feeling animosity about it any more going into the season, the fans shouldn't either.
You’ll never know if they have any… people think MacK is universally loved by his teammates. :laugh:

IMO Nuke F’d over his teammates ate the worst time. He has to make amends and never let it happen again.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Pretty much this. As long as his teammates are ok with it and not feeling animosity about it any more going into the season, the fans shouldn't either.
I’d be shocked if there isn’t at least some tension between Nuke and his teammates. I’m sure it can and will be resolved but theres no chance, someone like Mack isn’t totally pissed about that.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
There's definitely a lack of articulation and clarity on feelings on this subject, replaced by a fair amount of emotion and hot takes.

Just from reading comments here and elsewhere, I got the sense that a lot of people were very angry at him, and thought the team was covering up something more nefarious, and that there should be a lot more accountability for both.

But when I asked what that should be, I only got fair and reasonable responses. And it seems as though some are under the impression that those who felt like I did, want to sweep wrongdoing under the rug, which I don't think is the case.

I think we've been talking past each other for the most part in this thread.
I agree -- way too much nuance. This is not a zero sum game, I'm pretty sure. Saying that an addiction might have caused the behavior (which is what I did) does not at all mean I think everything is fine and I think he's a victim and didn't let the team down. What it does mean is more like, clear the addiction and get the right guy back. And again, I don't even know if that's what it was, but he sacrificed a LOT last playoffs, and it (perhaps) contributed greatly to what happened this season -- like a military vet with PTSD can make some horrid decisions, but don't you feel anything that he is that way because he was defending you?? Obviously way more than just a game like hockey, but the same type of trajectory. Doesn't mean a crime or a bad decision isn't a crime or bad decision, but the possibility of rehabilitation is much greater.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
These are just my opinions but:

1. He was in good enough shape - but he visibly injured.

Everyone seems to be assuming that his up and down play this past season was due to the foot injury. Was it the foot? Or was it something else?

This is a non issue to me now. He didnt rape anyone. He didnt kill anyone. He didnt beat anyone up. Sucks he f***ed the team but whatever the Avs werent winning dick last season with JTC as 2C anyways.
My belief is that if Nichushkin was playing, the Avs would have beaten Seattle, and then beaten Dallas (who were terrible).

They would not have gotten past Vegas, however.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
Everyone seems to be assuming that his up and down play this past season was due to the foot injury. Was it the foot? Or was it something else?
I think early on, it was. Remember, he started the season en fuego, and then had to have another operation because of scar tissue or something from the previous surgery causing him pain. And then it wasn't so great, up and down after that. That's my memory at least. We all assumed the inconsistency was the foot thing going forward, but it might have been more than that.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

My belief is that if Nichushkin was playing, the Avs would have beaten Seattle, and then beaten Dallas (who were terrible).

They would not have gotten past Vegas, however.
Dallas would have pummeled the Avs.

You know the Avs players are for sure pissed at him. Even the nicest f***ing guy JMFJ when interviewed during the series had an annoyed tone to his voice when saying "we just wish he was here playing."

I'll bet Nichushkin has a lot of work to do in order to re-earn trust.
And he should be doing that. I dont know to what extent he needs to do this but he needs to do something to regain the trust of the core guys in that room.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Dallas would have pummeled the Avs.

And he should be doing that. I dont know to what extent he needs to do this but he needs to do something to regain the trust of the core guys in that room.
Avs would have smoked Dallas with how bad Dallas looked against Seattle and then against Vegas, especially Oettinger.

However, I think the Avs would have lost to Vegas.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Yeah, Avs just didn’t have depth to get passed anyone in this playoffs. Can’t win with 2 players doing all the scoring. Don’t think Nichushkin would have made a difference.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
You’ll never know if they have any… people think MacK is universally loved by his teammates. :laugh:

IMO Nuke F’d over his teammates ate the worst time. He has to make amends and never let it happen again.
How many more times are you gonna imply Mack isn't loved by his teammates?

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
How many more times are you gonna imply Mack isn't loved by his teammates?

IMG_3946.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad