Denver Post: Nichushkin involved in incident that prompted police/medical response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
How do you know that's true? Got a source that isn't just speculation?

From the Athletic article posted earlier:

"Nichushkin’s agent, Mark Gandler, denied his client’s involvement in a text message to The Athletic.
No one was found in Val’s room,” he said. “These events have nothing to do with Val.”

I mean... That's equally as ridiculous. He clearly did have a women in his room who clearly was severely intoxicated. The body cam footage proves that much.

It just, wasn't anything anymore then a player partying, having a hooker in his room and likely that Nuke does have a substance abuse problem. Which happens quite frankly all the time across the league. If the Avs team doctor had decided the women was sober enough to be sent home in an Uber we don't even here anything about the event.

But it obviously did happen. That's just nonsense to think it didn't.

Avaholics Anonymous

Sep 16, 2015
Columbus, OH
Being whisked out of whatever situation Val created.
I actually missed this part:

“He had a girl in his room,” Changstrom tells the Seattle Police officer in the hotel lobby in the video. Audio is removed from the next portion of the conversation.

“We were trying to get her out of the room, and she was very clearly intoxicated,” Changstrom later tells the officer."

Yeah I dunno, I guess we'll see what happens. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it was a pain killer addiction considering all the injuries he has gone through, but again, no one can say for sure until/if we find out more. Doesn't seem like a terribly serious issue at least from a legal perspective at least.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I actually missed this part:

“He had a girl in his room,” Changstrom tells the Seattle Police officer in the hotel lobby in the video. Audio is removed from the next portion of the conversation.

“We were trying to get her out of the room, and she was very clearly intoxicated,” Changstrom later tells the officer."

Yeah I dunno, I guess we'll see what happens. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if it was a pain killer addiction considering all the injuries he has gone through, but again, no one can say for sure until/if we find out more. Doesn't seem like a terribly serious issue at least from a legal perspective at least.
No ones saying it's a legal issue though.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Why do I keep coming into this thread expecting something other than the endless loop it’s become?

Because it’s like a terrible episode of “Days of Our Lives”………And surprisingly around the 1990s somehow men were transformed from ‘sports fans’ into ‘sports drama fans’. For some reason now, dudes eat this **** up like it’s TikTok or People magazine.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
Do you have any evidence to support the claim that he was indeed doing anything like that?

I am on the side of innocent until proven otherwise, which is what the default position for everyone should be.
This is how I feel, mostly. Seems equally plausible at this point that it’s like the ‘one guy’ who brings coke to the bachelor party and everyone is like ‘who invited this guy’. Maybe I missed it, but has there been anything on how the girl got there? Maybe Nuke had his ‘oh shit’ moment and realized he’s a bit over his head with the substances or whatever, and was like yeah I need help. I don’t know that we don’t know if that’s true or not. And the team, league, even the police seem to agree he wasn’t involved to the point it needs to go further.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
This is how I feel, mostly. Seems equally plausible at this point that it’s like the ‘one guy’ who brings coke to the bachelor party and everyone is like ‘who invited this guy’. Maybe I missed it, but has there been anything on how the girl got there? Maybe Nuke had his ‘oh shit’ moment and realized he’s a bit over his head with the substances or whatever, and was like yeah I need help. I don’t know that we don’t know if that’s true or not. And the team, league, even the police seem to agree he wasn’t involved to the point it needs to go further.
Being a millionaire athlete and having a cop asking for some "professional courtesies" goes a lot farther for Nuke than it would for a smuck like me in that situation.

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Because it’s like a terrible episode of “Days of Our Lives”………And surprisingly around the 1990s somehow men were transformed from ‘sports fans’ into ‘sports drama fans’. For some reason now, dudes eat this **** up like it’s TikTok or People magazine.
I couldn’t have said it any better then you just did.

Don’t give a shit

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
My aren't we sensitive, I was simply saying you are all jumping to conclusions, and lo and behold we get this news that all your speculation was wrong :laugh:

What the hell are you talking about? This is totally in line with what I've been saying. You haven't actually read any posts in this thread have you?

You're criticizing people for jumping to conclusions while simultaneously jumping to conclusions yourself about what people are saying.

I've been disagreeing with and trying to tamp down on the more extreme speculation about this being anything more than just a substance issue.

I just didn't swoop in here like you with my second post of the year to tell the people I disagreed with, what they should and shouldn't talk about on the internet, and not speculate in a place that has thousands of speculative posts a day.

But you didn't read any of that apparently. Guess it's hard to read from all the way up there on your high horse.

This is such poor journalism. They selectively edited that 20 minute video and added commentary to imply something more nefarious was going on, and Val was behind it, even though they have nothing to support that.

I don't know why people think Val is the guy she's referring to as the bad man. Do people really think he makes $6M a year playing hockey, and also risks prison time moonlighting as trafficker?

Which if there isn't anything more nefarious going on, I'm okay with. Just like I don't need to know the details of all the problems other athletes and celebrities have.

I'm sure Sakic knows what happened, and maybe I'm being naive, but I trust his moral compass in this situation. Not many other teams or Presidents/GM's I would though.

I would bet the team knows exactly what happened, and the league not getting involved more sounds to me like they've probably been briefed on exactly what happened too.

Last edited:

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
Being a millionaire athlete and having a cop asking for some "professional courtesies" goes a lot farther for Nuke than it would for a smuck like me in that situation.
I agree, not saying it doesn’t. But that privilege could simply be “hey we’re gonna go ahead and not arrest him for possession on the spot”

Inb4 “he has an agenda”, but the Denver cop said something like “it’s more of a detox situation”

Reactions: The Moops

Avaholics Anonymous

Sep 16, 2015
Columbus, OH
What the hell are you talking about? This is totally in line with what I've been saying. You haven't actually read any posts in this thread have you?

You're criticizing people for jumping to conclusions while simultaneously jumping to conclusions yourself about what people are saying.

I've been disagreeing with and trying to tamp down on the more extreme speculation about this being anything more than just a substance issue.

I just didn't swoop in here like you with my second post of the year to tell the people I disagreed with, what they should and shouldn't talk about on the internet, and not speculate in a place that has thousands of speculative posts a day.

But you didn't read any of that apparently. Guess it's hard to read from all the way up there on your high horse.
I read your one post, which was "this is purely specualtion"...blah blah blah. That came directly after another that said the same thing.

Sorry I don't have time to go through the whole thread, it was just funny and that was why I posted the comic that it sort of reminded me of.

You took it very, very seriously for whatever reason, and yeah I guess I don't have as much time to waste on here as you. I'll leave you to your very, very serious discussion here, have a great day.

Go Nuggets!

Looks like the assumptions that you just quoted were confirmed in the videos…
You posted: "Now @Avaholics Anonymous each piece coming out just gives a bit more clarity on the situation. It is coming slow because the Avs and Nuke are not being forthright.... and police are doing police things. Here again we have confirmation of her being in the room and clearly intoxicated on some sort of substance. We also have her words clearly on her situation (and police fumbling that whole thing)."

That wasn't true at all, which is why I stopped reading there.

Anyway, have fun ya'll, this thread is hilarious and I hope you have fun here. Off to watch the Nuggets now

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I read your one post, which was "this is purely specualtion"...blah blah blah. That came directly after another that said the same thing.

Sorry I don't have time to go through the whole thread, it was just funny and that was why I posted the comic that it sort of reminded me of.

You took it very, very seriously for whatever reason, and yeah I guess I don't have as much time to waste on here as you. I'll leave you to your very, very serious discussion here, have a great day.

Go Nuggets!

You posted: "Now @Avaholics Anonymous each piece coming out just gives a bit more clarity on the situation. It is coming slow because the Avs and Nuke are not being forthright.... and police are doing police things. Here again we have confirmation of her being in the room and clearly intoxicated on some sort of substance. We also have her words clearly on her situation (and police fumbling that whole thing)."

That wasn't true at all, which is why I stopped reading there.

Anyway, have fun ya'll, this thread is hilarious and I hope you have fun here. Off to watch the Nuggets now
It is 100% true… they have not been forthright at all. They did the league sign off and worked with fixers. Zero statements by the Avs or Nuke… at all.

Reactions: shadow1

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The amount of white knighting is getting out of hand

We're getting dangerously close to Nichushkin being a poor victim in this story for taking drugs, missing morning skate, hiring a prostitute and abandoning the team during the playoffs.

Last edited:

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Well, the NHL (Bettman direct response to the question) believes the Avalanche is handling this properly and is not going to get involved. Apparently the Players Association isn't either.

I suggest someone put the question to the ladies on The View and see what they have to say. I'm sure they'll have some special insights for those who feel it's a cover up and have the right to know Nuke's personal business....... :sarcasm::rolleyes:

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Have been thinking just this theme. The metamorphosis of men from fixing lawnmowers to TikTok excitement. Have been a racing fan and with the Netflix F1 series.. more drawn in. But the absolute minutia that has devolved in social networking around F1 has made be detest it. Will watch the 9 min wrap after a race, but the rest... fugetaboutit.

Reactions: CobraAcesS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad