Denver Post: Nichushkin involved in incident that prompted police/medical response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I am sorry but I cant be so full of understanding like some of you for a guy who is paid millions of dollars for playing hockey and he totally f***s his team in the most crucial moment because he felt like he needs to party with a hooker or whatever the f*** he did. Every single one of us mortals here would be fired on the spot for doing much less than he did.

I think the key difference here is if average Joe is seeing a you know what behind his partners back, it doesn't or wouldn't make the news.

To be honest, I'd never see one, because I don't see the value in loveless relations. I've never even accepted having a one night stand.

BUT, no-one knows what stress, pressure, pain, anxiety does to anyone else, because it's an individual thing, where coping mechanisms vary.

So who are we to judge? Additionally, are we good, or bad people by piling on when the issue did come to light given he's obviously struggling? What I know, is I want a clear conscience, because I'm far from perfect myself and who am I to judge anyone else.

Hockey is a sport mate. A game. Life always comes first. Life, love and health.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
What a ridiculous take.

Doesn't matter what Nuke did or didn't do, his actions led directly to him not playing in the playoffs. He owes his teammates an apology as far as I'm concerned. He doesn't owe me anything, however.
Women come first.

even if they’re hookers

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
I'm just looking forward to seeing Nuke back on the ice come October. He's gonna learn and be a better man for it. Chin down and move forward. These type of things drag on for way too long because people love judging others and thus feel better about themselves.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
What a ridiculous take.

Doesn't matter what Nuke did or didn't do, his actions led directly to him not playing in the playoffs. He owes his teammates an apology as far as I'm concerned. He doesn't owe me anything, however.
Not only an apology but he also needs to win Avs another cup. If Val would be playing we would have been probably facing the cats in the finals.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Not only an apology but he also needs to win Avs another cup. If Val would be playing we would have been probably facing the cats in the finals.
no-lets-go.gif

Avaholics Anonymous

Sep 16, 2015
Columbus, OH
Now @Avaholics Anonymous each piece coming out just gives a bit more clarity on the situation. It is coming slow because the Avs and Nuke are not being forthright.... and police are doing police things. Here again we have confirmation of her being in the room and clearly intoxicated on some sort of substance. We also have her words clearly on her situation (and police fumbling that whole thing).
Oh looky here, more assumptions that were wrong.

You weren't hoping for anything. You just wanted to talk shit. But thanks for stopping by and telling people what they can and can't talk about on the internet Mao.
My aren't we sensitive, I was simply saying you are all jumping to conclusions, and lo and behold we get this news that all your speculation was wrong :laugh:

Great news!

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Oh looky here, more assumptions that were wrong.

My aren't we sensitive, I was simply saying you are all jumping to conclusions, and lo and behold we get this news that all your speculation was wrong :laugh:

Great news!
I mean just because there's no investigation regarding Nuke doesn't mean that he wasn't doing something to jeopardize himself, the team, and the woman he was with that night?

Reactions: The Moops

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I mean just because there's no investigation regarding Nuke doesn't mean that he wasn't doing something to jeopardize himself, the team, and the woman he was with that night?
I mean, it pretty clearly does mean exactly that...

If it was a serious issue that happened, the NHL would have done an investigation into it.

The fact they know exactly what happened as per Daly, believe Colorado handled it appropriately, and that Nuke is eligible to play again next year is a pretty certain sign it wasn't anywhere close to the level of serious or destructive nature folks here theorized for weeks.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean, it pretty clearly does mean exactly that...

If it was a serious issue that happened, the NHL would have done an investigation into it.

The fact they know exactly what happened as per Daly, believe Colorado handled it appropriately, and that Nuke is eligible to play again next year is a pretty certain sign it wasn't anywhere close to the level of serious or destructive nature folks here theorized for weeks.
I mean I don't think anything illegal happened. But Nuke very seemingly has some sort of substance abuse issue and had a girl in his so messed up she could barely function and this was hours before a game. There's nothing illegal or suspendible there but because there's no league intervention doesn't mean what happened that night is now all sunshine and roses.

Avaholics Anonymous

Sep 16, 2015
Columbus, OH
Do you have any evidence to support the claim that he was indeed doing anything like that?

I am on the side of innocent until proven otherwise, which is what the default position for everyone should be.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Do you have any evidence to support the claim that he was indeed doing anything like that?

I am on the side of innocent until proven otherwise, which is what the default position for everyone should be.
He was with a sex worker who was so inebriated she couldn't function, the team doctor mentioned a problem with Nuke he wanted off the record, and Nuke was whisked away as fast as humanly possible. Again I don't think anything illegal happened but they wouldn't whisk him away like that for something that meant nothing.

Reactions: The Moops

Avaholics Anonymous

Sep 16, 2015
Columbus, OH
He was with a sex worker who was so inebriated she couldn't function, the team doctor mentioned a problem with Nuke he wanted off the record, and Nuke was whisked away as fast as humanly possible. Again I don't think anything illegal happened but they wouldn't whisk him away like that for something that meant nothing.
How do you know that's true? Got a source that isn't just speculation?

From the Athletic article posted earlier:

"Nichushkin’s agent, Mark Gandler, denied his client’s involvement in a text message to The Athletic.
No one was found in Val’s room,” he said. “These events have nothing to do with Val.”

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
How do you know that's true? Got a source that isn't just speculation?

From the Athletic article posted earlier:

"Nichushkin’s agent, Mark Gandler, denied his client’s involvement in a text message to The Athletic.
No one was found in Val’s room,” he said. “These events have nothing to do with Val.”
The bodycam footage.

Reactions: pearljamvs5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad