OT: Football thread (2024 season)

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Please take EZ out of the game. Put in Neal before it gets bad. Even put in Neal over EZ.

The instant regression of the line with Thomas out is apparent.

Not a surprise but still. Goddamn.
Its horrible. EZ is not a NFL tackle. Have to switch to Neal as strange as that sounds.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The Giants organization is a f***ing stain on the NFL. I legit would be happy if they just ceased existing at some point. f*** you Mara, f*** you Schoen, f*** you Daboll, and f*** you Jones.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
If Dabes would have called a time out earlier or Nabers got out of bounds maybe we could overcome Theo Johnsons penalty. Players get away with that shove against the Giants. That was a good drive. Shame the TD didn't count.

Reactions: romba

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
That postseason where the Giants smacked the Vikings really did them no favors.

Instead of replicating that year, Mara came awfully close to offering a free large Pepsi. Maybe it will play out still this season.

Don't stay tuned. For you sanity's sake.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
The Giants organization is a f***ing stain on the NFL. I legit would be happy if they just ceased existing at some point. f*** you Mara, f*** you Schoen, f*** you Daboll, and f*** you Jones.
I would have sworn that title belonged to the Jets alone. No other organization has been as bad as the Paper Planes.

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Drew Lock is in
I like Drew Lock. Good funny guy who may do okay in garbage time today but if the Giants line cant block no QB is winning much. They have 2 average linemen and 3 below average linemen right now imo. AT was our only above average lineman in my opinion.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I like Drew nice easy delivery but he floats some balls that really need to be thrown harder. The floats do give both WR and DB a chance ti get some balls. Maybe Drew can show something this season. I thought he played very well as a Seahawk.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So Barkley ended up with more yards than the Giants offense.

...A part of me wants to give Daboll and Schoen another chance, but, how the f*** do you defend that?!

I knew this would be the lazy narrative. We weren't winning shit with Barkley. This is the worst version of the Eagles offense since they've become good. He's an RB, not a needle mover. The problem is Joness. We're not making the playoffs with Barkley this year like we didn't any year he was a Giant except the one when Jones was schemed into having his best season of his career and even then they went a whopping 9-7-1. He doesn't make a difference. And we got improvements on the offensive line with the money we saved. I could not give two f***s that he's no longer a Giant. I will remember him as one of the biggest losers this organization has ever seen. f*** him.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
So Barkley ended up with more yards than the Giants offense.

...A part of me wants to give Daboll and Schoen another chance, but, how the f*** do you defend that?!

Schoen has made some good moves but the one thing that has killed them is he never really fixed the Oline in 3 years. Don't get me wrong the line played better this season but AT remained the only lineman that a contender would really seek as a starter. Schoens Oline draft picks might get an F as a grade.

Neal 1st round pick #7
EZ 3rd round pick
McKethan 5th round pick
Schmitz 3nd round pick

Reactions: 80s Kid

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
I knew this would be the lazy narrative. We weren't winning shit with Barkley. This is the worst version of the Eagles offense since they've become good. He's an RB, not a needle mover. The problem is Joness. We're not making the playoffs with Barkley this year like we didn't any year he was a Giant except the one when Jones was schemed into having his best season of his career and even then they went a whopping 9-7-1. He doesn't make a difference. And we got improvements on the offensive line with the money we saved. I could not give two f***s that he's no longer a Giant. I will remember him as one of the biggest losers this organization has ever seen. f*** him.

Dude, I'm not defending Barkley but merely stating a fact: he had more yards than our entire offense.

Another sobering fact: he has more TDs in our house than DJ.

Schoen has made some good moves but the one thing that has killed them is he never really fixed the Oline in 3 years. Don't get me wrong the line played better this season but AT remained the only lineman that a contender would really seek as a starter. Schoens Oline draft picks might get an F as a grade.

Neal 1st round pick #7
EZ 3rd round pick
McKethan 5th round pick
Schmitz 3nd round pick

He was the one that gave Jones that extension. To be fair, it seemed with new management, everyone was on the upswing.

And then last season happened....

And we're only 7 games into this season....

Jones is out the door, one way or another. Might as well see how they mold the new guy.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad