OT: Football thread (2024 season)

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
TJ Watt is going to send Josh Ezeudu to the shadow realm next week.

They need to bench Jones. We're not winning anything with him and with the injury clause we can't have him get injured. Schoen needs to tell Daboll you have to play Lock. It's not like DJ is playing average, he is unplayable. He literally offers no advantage over any of the other shitty QBs on this roster.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Dude, I'm not defending Barkley but merely stating a fact: he had more yards than our entire offense.

Another sobering fact: he has more TDs in our house than DJ.

He was the one that gave Jones that extension. To be fair, it seemed with new management, everyone was on the upswing.

And then last season happened....

And we're only 7 games into this season....

Jones is out the door, one way or another. Might as well see how they mold the new guy.
The right move would have been to franchise DJ in 2022. The problem is Schoen tried to sign Barkley for months during 2022. Barkley was a very tough contract. Joe said it took years off his life. So I think Joe decided they would try to sign DJ and franchise Barkley instead. That did not work out well either. Something I noticed about Barkley weeks ago. He is running much harder than he did in years as a Giant. Obviously the Philly oline helps tremendously but I noticed plays Barkley would go out of bounds on or get tackled easy he know lowers his head and shoulders and tries to punish guys. I do not know if it is because of injuries but I had not seen that Barkley in 5 years.

TJ Watt is going to send Josh Ezeudu to the shadow realm next week.
EZ already proved he is a nightmare at LT. Why not try Neal instead?

Reactions: Brutananadilewski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad