OT: Football thread (2024 season)

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I can’t see Jones anymore. He’s so terrible. I know Lock and DeVito aren’t good, but he’s had 6 years to prove he’s the guy and he just can’t do it.

I’d rather see DeVito and his offensive stereotype of an agent than see anymore of Daniel Jones.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Couldn’t believe it when I saw that play. I hit rewind on the DVR to be sure he didn’t pull up lame or something because it was such a hilarious give up from Banks lol.
A young guy that has done that 2 or 3 times in the first 7 games is definitely an issue. We counted on him to be a leader as our CB1 but he has been the opposite. I'm starting to fear he will become another questionable pick. If someone plays badly I can live with it. If a young kid can't bother to hustle that is a different story.

By the way even his lack of hustle aside Tae Banks is afraid of some types of contact. I have seen him avoid guys head on. Banks will tackle if he has an angle at a guys legs but if a guy is coming straight at him Banks looks for an exit.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I don’t really care about titles when assessing long stretches of miserable fan experience. That’s not to say Cubs fans have never had it bad but I wouldn’t use a lack of championships to make the argument. Like NYR could not win a cup any time soon and I’d still appreciate all of the awesome players I’ve gotten to watch for the past ~15 years, important games and playoff series have routinely taken place at MSG. Plenty of big moments and memories to talk about.

The Jets have literally SNIFFED the playoffs ONCE for more than HALF OF MY LIFE LOL. Not only is their current playoff drought approaching 14 years but along the way they have consistently played the most putrid, boring dog shit brand of football imaginable. I believe they’ve finished in the top 16 offenses once (2015) in that entire timespan while routinely finishing bottom 5. I’d say the only current teams on runs that rival NYJ are Sabres and Angels.
I understand completely......unfortunately, I've been watching them since their inception as the Titans......don't know how I've gotten through it.

Reactions: 80shockeywasbuns

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
I understand completely......unfortunately, I've been watching them since their inception as the Titans......don't know how I've gotten through it.
It’s at the point where you can at least root to see how bad it can get. It would be pretty cool to see them miss the playoffs for like 20 straight years

I saw a stat that the jets have won the AFC East TWICE

NYRfan85

D'oh!
Jun 2, 2020
South Carolina
It’s at the point where you can at least root to see how bad it can get. It would be pretty cool to see them miss the playoffs for like 20 straight years

This sums up the Jets' existence perfectly. The Colts have won the AFC East 6 times... they haven't been in the AFC East since 2001!

I'm so thankful the Rangers have been doing good things over the past 20 years, and the Yankees are in the World Series, because the Jets continue to disappoint season after season.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC

No trouble rooting for that....I'm also a Vikings fan so you can imagine my feelings for Rodgers have only intensified since he began dismantling this organization.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Patty Mahomes is dogshit this season and the Chiefs are 6-0 and just manhandled the 49ers who demolished the Jets.

We weren't a "QB away" after all.

Now do the Texans. This narrative sucks. It's used by Giants fan Daniel Jones apologists to tell us why we shouldn't draft a QB. It's bullshit. In most (not all cases) a good QB is enough to cover up weaknesses in the rest of the team. The Jets weren't an aging way past his prime Aaron Rodgers away, but if they had a top QB right now they'd be in the thick of it.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I've been on record here over the past decade saying my NFL fandom was fading along with my Jets fandom. This may be the nail-in-the-coffin year for pro football. I only have it on the TV on Sunday out of habit. I turned it off at halftime and forgot to check the Jets score until just now, which I'm glad I did, LOL.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Detroit and Minny are really good in large part because both teams built up their trenches. They both get good play from their Olines and Dlines. They also have great weapons at the skilled positions. Both teams have guys at QB that other teams cast away. I always thought Goff was a good QB. I was surprised LA gave up on him.

Reactions: majordomo

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Another team that looks really strong is WFT. They were sellers at the last trade deadline. They let some good players go. They changed coaches. Now their rookie QB is very good but yesterday they won 40-7 and their rookie QB only played a few plays (rib injury). Their new coaches deserve a ton of credit.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Detroit and Minny are really good in large part because both teams built up their trenches. They both get good play from their Olines and Dlines. They also have great weapons at the skilled positions. Both teams have guys at QB that other teams cast away. I always thought Goff was a good QB. I was surprised LA gave up on him.

Before Andrew Thomas went down the Giants were the best they've been in the trenches in over a decade and they were 2-4. Because Jones is an unplayable wanker. I've run out of American insults and am now using British ones. Next I'll call him a C U Next Tuesday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad