Denver Post: Nichushkin involved in incident that prompted police/medical response

Status
Not open for further replies.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Unless Nuke was trying to BUY A HUMAN, I still don't see how this is such a big story.

If she's really 28, then who frikkin' cares ? Didn't robert kraft go to the Philippines and try to do something much more ominous but since it was him and he has a gazibillion dollars, nobody cared ??

I guess I don't get it. To me it seems like prostitution is "illegal" in the same way that marijuana was illegal for so long until they finally decided it was ok.
Because it's the playoffs, he's supposed to be focused and instead he misses morning practice not telling anyone so when they go look for him to check up on him they find out he missed practice cuz he was (allegedly) apparently partying with a hooked who is either shit drunk or high as a kite. He may have been engaging in substance problem or drinking problem when he's supposed to be at practice but is partying with hookers and no-shows?allegedly). That's why it's a big deal to team and news worthy. Crime wise- he's in the clear but it's certainly bad optics and team commitment

Reactions: KraftD and wizard92

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
What I don't get is you have a multi-million dollar player who misses the freaking bus to team practice. You wait until 3pm to check in on the guy? Come the f*** on! My boss found a co-worker dead at his house at 11am because the dude didn't show up to work. We check on our people. We take care of our people.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
What I don't get is you have a multi-million dollar player who misses the freaking bus to team practice. You wait until 3pm to check in on the guy? Come the f*** on! My boss found a co-worker dead at his house at 11am because the dude didn't show up to work. We check on our people. We take care of our people.
IIRC Bednar said that Nuke had a maintenance day so if true he didn't miss the bus.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
God I f***ing HATE Kiz but…he’s right for once.
Bullshit.

If he and the Denver Post weren’t the ones that wrote the article it would be different, but as it stands they’re the ones that started the rumours and speculations.

Without their useless article that provided more questions than answers, we’d all be in the dark not speculating on a horribly written, fluff piece.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Nuke is class both on and off the ice. Until we hear anything official, I'm not buying into anything. I thought people would have learned a few things when Varly's missus cried foul, but admitted later, a component of what she claimed was actually false.

Don't read too much into things guys. It'll all work out in the end.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Nuke is class both on and off the ice. Until we hear anything official, I'm not buying into anything. I thought people would have learned a few things when Varly's missus cried foul, but admitted later, a component of what she claimed was actually false.

I personally don't care what he was doing with that girl, or if he was married, or anything like that. That's his business.

But why abandon the team? There's something bigger going on here.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
I personally don't care what he was doing with that girl, or if he was married, or anything like that. That's his business.

Well, anything anyone here says would be guessing an answer to that, so there's really no point. I don't think a man who's played an entire playoff series through serious injury would abandon the team willingly.

What will be, will be. I have faith in the players stepping up to cover his absence. I just hope he's back sooner rather than later.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Well, anything anyone here says would be guessing an answer to that, so there's really no point. I don't think a man who's played an entire playoff series through serious injury would abandon the team willingly.

What will be, will be. I have faith in the players stepping up to cover his absence. I just hope he's back sooner rather than later.
Well if we make it to the second round, expect him to be back....or something is really wrong.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Oh agreed on this one.

Frankly, even saying "We are still conducting our own investigation and will make a statement once we are done" would be better than nothing really. It doesn't really provide any additional info to the current "personal reasons", but would still be a step forward IMO. You have to react to reports from the media, and not let it dwell.

The problem is timeline. If the Avs mgt doesn't know a timeline for his return, a press release is useless. That's what half of the questions to Bednar are related to. Until that's clarified (whether by the FO or Bednar), these questions will persist.

Feb 4, 2017
Stockholm
Im also a bit curious about how something like CAN happen at all. I thought the players share meals together on the road and have a lot of different kind of meetings, watching videos, discussing plays etc, especially during the play offs.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
I'm beginning to wonder if Bednar said it was a maintenance day because the guy didn't show.
Yeah, or maaaaybe he knew he was taking a maintenance day so it was a good day to "sleep in" ....

Another thing I have been wondering is the involvement of the other Russian speakers on the team. Georgiev, Malgin, uh... is anyone else there? Surely they have been helping with translating? My recollection is that Nuke gets by with English but if it's complex, needs Russian. So if Georgie looks distracted, which he kind of has (it's understandable if he's just nervous, too), could be that he is involved more than others. Pure and utter speculation, just curious.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Well, except for the ones that die.

:sarcasm:

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
One question I haven't seen addressed.... Maybe I missed it....

Do the Avs have their players share a room when on the road?

I know most teams pair two regular "roomie" teammates when they are on the road. All season long. The stories about incompatible sleeping, TV and bathroom habits are usually hilarious.

All one has to do is ask the team who is paired with whom and we'll easily find out if this is a one man incident or not.
That practice has been abandoned a while ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foppa2118

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Bullshit.

If he and the Denver Post weren’t the ones that wrote the article it would be different, but as it stands they’re the ones that started the rumours and speculations.

Without their useless article that provided more questions than answers, we’d all be in the dark not speculating on a horribly written, fluff piece.
Yea...That's not what happened. At all.

People were speculating all over the place before any article from the DP. Are you mad at Seravalli too?

It's the Avs fault if people are speculating, certainly not the DP's. It's a f***ing failure from the Avs PR and they are lucky af that only a handful of journalists care about them in Denver.

If Nuke disappeared from Toronto you could bet your whole paycheck that we'd know what happened within 1 day.

Last edited:

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV

Come on… where there’s smoke dude.

Reactions: The Moops

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
Come on… where there’s smoke dude.
In Sea Eagles world the end to the "where there's smoke" saying is "there's a fantastical creature with pale blue eyes and white fur who uses smoke generated from a gland under his ear to bring the pure hearted to him so he can blow pixie dust in their face and show them the portal to the beautiful Land of the Sea Eagles where nothing bad ever happens and pain is a distant memory".

(Love you Sea Eagles. Just busting balls)

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
In Sea Eagles world the end to the "where there's smoke" saying is "there's a fantastical creature with pale blue eyes and white fur who uses smoke generated from a gland under his ear to bring the pure hearted to him so he can blow pixie dust in their face and show them the portal to the beautiful Land of the Sea Eagles where nothing bad ever happens and pain is a distant memory".

(Love you Sea Eagles. Just busting balls)
No I know lol. But at this point arguing that Nuke isn’t caught up in something bad is like people trying to say Russia wouldn’t invade Ukraine while surrounding them from 3 sides in Nov 21 to Feb 22 with 200k military personnel.

On top of that, do we know for sure that Varly was totally innocent? He's in a position of power. Look I'm thankful for democracy but rich hockey players certainly are cockroaches when it comes to star power versus actual off ice activity. Treated as untouchable for pushing a vulcanized rubber disc around rather than what they stand for as a real person. I think this gets lost on a lot of folks.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Moops
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad