Niagara Icedogs 2024-25 Season, Part I

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
OA decisions are often difficult. I get that he hadn't played so the value in return would always be a question mark. There's always a business aspect. I just read that Bryant was caught off guard by this. So the communication wasn't there, which seems bush league to me given that he was the captain and had strong community involvement.
100%

If IceDog fans think Gavin is not extremely upset that he was completely disrespected and blindsided by this organization, you are giving DDD a pass he DOES NOT deserve!

That is a fact not opinion!

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Who’s the right one to trade then your #1 goalie or the #1 D and probably get even less for him
I’ve been saying this since training camp NVV is just too slow to be anything more than average at best. To lose a top 3 F for NVV is ludicrous. Good luck to Darren trying to find a top 3 F for this team with that 3rd he got in this deal.

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024
I’ve been saying this since training camp NVV is just too slow to be anything more than average at best. To lose a top 3 F for NVV is ludicrous. Good luck to Darren trying to find a top 3 F for this team with that 3rd he got in this deal.
I agree losing any of the 3 (Loshko Bryant or Flores) instead of NVV sucks but it is what it is as for him being a top 3 F on this team maybe he is but realistically we don’t know what he looks like this year yet as for him being disrespected and upset I understand that but he shouldn’t be blindsided by it he knew they have 4 OA and he’s the only one not playing so that increases his chances of going especially with the team playing like they are

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Van Vliet has more on ice value to the IceDogs than Bryant. Flores has zero trade value, and is the coach’s choice.
I was on the side of seeing how Robertson fared in a handful of games with Bryant in the line up before making a trade, but there is really nothing controversial about the trade.
Maybe, making the trade now saved the team from distraction over the next two weekends.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Van Vliet has more on ice value to the IceDogs than Bryant. Flores has zero trade value, and is the coach’s choice.
I was on the side of seeing how Robertson fared in a handful of games with Bryant in the line up before making a trade, but there is really nothing controversial about the trade.
Maybe, making the trade now saved the team from distraction over the next two weekends.
NVV has LESS on ice value then Bryant. You obviously don’t watch IceDogs games and are unfamiliar with bottom 2-3 skaters. So keep your head buried Troll.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: sbpointer

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Flores is marginally better than Robertson. Bryant is a huge upgrade over the 12th forward.

Trading Bryant for at least as much as Guindon would give the IceDogs a real pick surplus, and allow the team to shop Robertson later for more picks to use over the following two seasons.

Keeping Bryant improves the team offensively and defensively now. The first line could be put out against any line, and I think the over all depth would be pretty impressive.
Interesting...flip flop today. Just making stuff up as you go along about a team you don’t even follow. It’s embarrassing that you post on here! You are a TROLL on this IceDogs page.

Last edited:

Bennyboy

Oct 22, 2024
Bryant coming back would have created a log-jam at centre - Loshko, Assadourian, Czata and Wray - one of them would have needed to move to the wing and another 4th line C minutes.

If Paris is coming back then the forward group looks good enough to keep this team competitive.

Maybe a better trade would have been to package Assadourian with NVV for a decent big body 06/05 defence - if that would even be possible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad