Signing(s): Tyron Smith signs with the Jets (1 year, up to $20 million)

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Cowboys are notorious for keeping homegrown players past their expiration date, seemingly for sentimental reasons.

The fact that they let Smith walk should have been a huge flag to any team that was considering acquiring him.
Jets drafted Fashanu the OT from PSU in round 1. Time for him to step up and take the spot as he's expected to be the long term LT for the Jets.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Fashanu was supposed to be limited in run blocking coming out of PSU, but very good in pass pro. However, he showed limitations in being able to handle the bullrush his last year in college. I wonder if that was noticeable in preseason, and that's why they haven't let him play despite Tyron Smith's poor play.

GIADF

Not A Mod
Aug 17, 2024
Fashanu was supposed to be limited in run blocking coming out of PSU, but very good in pass pro. However, he showed limitations in being able to handle the bullrush his last year in college. I wonder if that was noticeable in preseason, and that's why they haven't let him play despite Tyron Smith's poor play.

Seems crazy to me they drafted him at 11th OA and he's been a backup.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Seems crazy to me they drafted him at 11th OA and he's been a backup.
Jets needed OT. Fuaga by NO was the next OT off the board. He was highly rated for his run blocking. Could slide into OG and be elite there. Wasn't 100% sure whether he was going to be a OT or OG at the NFL level. Would be a better OG than OT, but if he's good enough at OT, best to keep him out there.

After this, each the remaining OT had a question mark on something.

Reactions: GIADF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad