Player Discussion Brad Marchand X- Return of the Rat

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
The guy is 36 years old and has had many surgeries the last few years and a concussion.

Expecting him to be the player he once was in unrealistic, but this team is thin and need him to produce..

Last edited:
Reactions: CDJ

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
playoffs?
I don't know. I guess so.

I heard nothing about this at the time.

I assume others here have followed the story.

What, exactly, is the story?

Is there video of the incident?

Has Montgomery, Marchand or anyone else connected with the team commented?

Any info & insight appreciated,

✌️🍁

Reactions: mjhfb

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The article comes from NHL Trade Talk who decided to overanalyze Friedman's comments on his 32 Thoughts podcast where he claimed there was physical contact and whether it COULD cause issues down the line.

It is a nothing story. Both guys are passionate individuals and there are bound to be things that boil over it just happened to do so during a game. Honestly, it may have been the best thing for Marchy to hear. He's incredibly hard on himself and to get validation that his play is subpar, mostly due to a lack of training in the offseason, will be just what is needed for him to kick it into gear.

Again, it is a non story and trying to make it one looks really dumb.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
I don't know. I guess so.

I heard nothing about this at the time.

I assume others here have followed the story.

What, exactly, is the story?

Is there video of the incident?

Has Montgomery, Marchand or anyone else connected with the team commented?

Any info & insight appreciated,

✌️🍁
I don't know where playoffs came from, it was the incident on the bench during the Utah game. I think it happened right after Utah scored their first goal that was called back after the challenge for offsides. Monty was laying into Marchand pretty hard.

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I don't know where playoffs came from, it was the incident on the bench during the Utah game. I think it happened right after Utah scored their first goal that was called back after the challenge for offsides. Monty was laying into Marchand pretty hard.
Thank you for the clarification.

Is there video on YouTube or elsewhere?

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
I saw it with my own eyes, so I will paraphrase:

Marchand seemed to go down a bunch during the Utah game. Not sure if he was trying to draw a call, but it was easily his worst game of the season in terms of his play. After that series in question was over where Marchand appeared to flop twice, Montgomery chewed him out on the bench. He didn't 'hit' Marchand, just gave his jersey a bit of a tug to make sure he was listening, as Marchand did not turn around to face Montgomery.

Reactions: BMC and GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I saw it with my own eyes, so I will paraphrase:

Marchand seemed to go down a bunch during the Utah game. Not sure if he was trying to draw a call, but it was easily his worst game of the season in terms of his play. After that series in question was over where Marchand appeared to flop twice, Montgomery chewed him out on the bench. He didn't 'hit' Marchand, just gave his jersey a bit of a tug to make sure he was listening, as Marchand did not turn around to face Montgomery.
The fact that Brad appeared to ignore Montgomery, if this was the case, may prove "interesting."

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere

This take is absolutely ridiculous. "Abuse"? "Monty could lose his job"? Give me a break. A coach taps the back of his player on the bench. The Captain no less. How F*@%'n soft are we getting to even think of it that way? Coaches job is to change behavior when needed. Not taking sides and no idea what was said but come on now. We've all seen SOOO much worse. Move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad