Niagara Icedogs 2024-25 Season, Part I

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
The sad thing is, had he been smart with the assets, we could have made this a 2-3 year window.
We should have so many picks in our cupboards...
You're definitely not kidding!

This is only the short list of DD’s horrible asset management, the long list is something! Imagine if Darren had hired a qualified GM (as he was immediately told to do, by many people) to over-see hockey operations from the start, how different this franchise and STH fan base would be.

OA Matthew Papais to Niagara for 3rd and 4th
6 games later, Matthew Papais to Owen Sound for 5th.

OA Gerard Keane :huh:to Niagara for 2nd, 3rd, and sophomore D – Alec Leonard

Sophomore Andrew and Jacob Leblanc to Niagara for 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 5th,
Following year, Andrew and Jacob Leblanc to Sarnia for 5th and 6th, 14, 15

OA Ryan Humphrey (+M.Paris) to Niagara for 2nd and 3rd (+J.Copeland)
17 games later, Ryan Humphrey bolts for the USHL

Brody Crane to Niagara for 3rd, 3rd, 4th (+C.O’Flaherty)
17 games later, Brody Crane to Guelph for 6th

Zach Lavoie to Niagara for 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th,
Following year, Zach Lavoie to Hamilton for 3rd, 3rd, 8th

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
In the last 6 months the trades have improved from the previous years. As evidence I present our 4 - 0 record.
That is so not true! Some good trades, but his bad are REALLY bad. That pattern of some good and a lot of really bad ones has not changed over his 3 years. He overpays (and undersells) often that is considered horrible asset management.

Last six months…
Sept. 25 IMPORT Gabriel Eliasson to BAR for 3rd
Aug. 23 OA Noah Van Vliet to NIA for 3rd, 4th, 5th
Aug. 19 05 T. Bertucci to BARRIE for 06 Jack Brauti, 05 Blair Scott, 4th, 2nd, 3rd,
Aug. 19 05 T. Bertucci to NIA for 07 A.Frolov, 05 U.Podrekar, 06 H.Reid, 2025 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd,
Jun. 6 Matthew Virgilio to NIAGARA for 2nd, 3rd, 4th,

Last edited:

three dog night

May 3, 2014

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
It looks like it’s a group night for Catholic Churches. But even if the game was faith themed, I would have no issue with that. They have a themed night for everything else, why not a faith night.
Will all faiths be represented? What about atheists and agnostics? Or will it just be one flavour of Christianity standing in for the entire community?

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
Will all faiths be represented? What about atheists and agnostics? Or will it just be one flavour of Christianity standing in for the entire community?
Likely it will be the Christian faith since that is what the majority of Canadians identify with. Wouldn’t atheist night be the remainder of the 33 home IceDogs games since there is no mention of faith those nights?

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
Likely it will be the Christian faith since that is what the majority of Canadians identify with. Wouldn’t atheist night be the remainder of the 33 home IceDogs games since there is no mention of faith those nights?
Just seems like an unnecessary hole to dig. The Burke's were better at dodging landmines and avoiding division.

For years as a STH, I believed I'd have a second beer. Then I stopped believing entirely when the price went over $10.

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
My wife and I are going to the game tonight and we are having dinner out with 3 other couples...things you can't do on Sunday afternoons...lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad