Niagara Icedogs 2024-25 Season, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
The question is not the trade... it is why he was ever selected in the first place. DDs import picks (11th, 4th, 12th) have been No Selection, Podrekar, and Eliasson.

Asset management and recruitment off the charts.
I would guess he was selected because there was great prospect of getting this deal done and thus having an out to not pay an import education package...

Reactions: bigsportsfan

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I would guess he was selected because there was great prospect of getting this deal done and thus having an out to not pay an import education package...

Niagara has one import, and Eliasson should not ever use the education money, so the education money is probably not a factor this time.
Mpre likely, Williamson convinced the Sens that Barrie is the best place among contenders with an open import spot.

There could be a later part of this years Barrie-Niagara trades where Niagara gets a player a bit cheap.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

but that doesnt make sense. import players dont really ever use thier packages, and the pick itself cost them 2k or something.

nothing other then barrie somehow convincing them that he should be included because jack brauti is some stud, which he is not.

mattommy98

Apr 3, 2023
I’m shocked they couldn’t get more at this point just hold on the pick then and let him play elsewhere , and if he really wanted ohl then suck it up now they have to play him 4 times

Reactions: Sam14

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024
I’m shocked they couldn’t get more at this point just hold on the pick then and let him play elsewhere , and if he really wanted ohl then suck it up now they have to play him 4 times
If they were both good teams going for it I’d be more worried about playing him 4 times but I don’t think it really matters

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
but that doesnt make sense. import players dont really ever use thier packages, and the pick itself cost them 2k or something.

nothing other then barrie somehow convincing them that he should be included because jack brauti is some stud, which he is not.
I don’t believe they have any contacts overseas as they likely are not willing to pay. So essentially they are blindly picking players in the hope they will report. I think the thinking was that they couldn’t pass on the 12th overall pick so they had to draft someone to save face.

Reactions: Sam14

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024
Niagara has one import, and Eliasson should not ever use the education money, so the education money is probably not a factor this time.
Mpre likely, Williamson convinced the Sens that Barrie is the best place among contenders with an open import spot.

There could be a later part of this years Barrie-Niagara trades where Niagara gets a player a bit cheap.
Could be or is? You seem to know more than you share

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Could be or is? You seem to know more than you share

We are talking about DDD. He loses virtually every trade he makes (except money). No GM comes back to even it up (unless it involves money). NOT ONE! It’s the reason why this franchise is where it is. DDD, as a hockey GM, is not smart enough to understand that other GMs are taking advantage of him. He can’t even negotiate a part one, never mind a part 2 or part 3. He just managed to move Eliasson for a 3rd. No one can honestly believe, that beat-down, was part 2 and part 3 with Barrie will fix the "Frolov and Eliasson" debacle.

FYI Eliasson was never part two (and don't hold your breath waiting for part three fix). Eliasson rights were always part of the original botched Frolov deal and if you knew exactly how effed-up this trade was “from the beginning” you’d ask for your STH money back!

Marty Williamson schooled Darren. Period. And like Pontius Pilote, he’s washed his hands of all responsibility. He owes Niagara NOTHING, just like every other GM who has done the same thing to the IceDogs over the last 3 years.

Last edited:

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
Marty Williamson schooled Darren. Period. And like Pontius Pilote, he’s washed his hands of all responsibly. He owes Niagara NOTHING, just like every other owner who has done the same thing to the IceDogs over the last 3 years.
So Niagara uses its early pick to select a star play that will never report, trades said player to a divisional rival for next to nothing and expects fans to believe he knows what he's doing? How many teams have profited from similar "deals" wherein the IceDogs sacrifice their own potential. Shouldn't the league be studying these trades and then asking for a financial audit?

The ethics of owing two teams is that you could sacrifice one to improve the other, utilizing resources that you normally couldn't acquire. Clearly this isn't allowed (hence Niagara buying the IceDogs in the first place). But isn't that just what's happening now? Niagara is scavenged for parts so that certain other teams get advantages they wouldn't otherwise realize.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad