NHL TV ratings 2023/2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kirk Van Houten

May 7, 2019
Well usually MLB regular season games on FOX don't go higher than 3M so yeah it's a tough matchup since it's Dodgers v Yankees but still I expect around 3.5M to 3.7M but it can go either way it feels like with Edmonton it's a wild card so any number can happen.

2.9M for the Dodgers v Yankees game at the same time next saturday against game 4 FOX goes with Yankees v Red Sox so numbers will be similar.

Reactions: Bostonzamboni

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I expected better numbers from Canada. It’s the best player in the world trying to bring the Cup back to Canada for the first time in 30 years. Hockey sure ain’t what it used to be up there.

Anyhoo

Knowing some of the stuff that has been considered "Trolling" on HF, it's amazing to me how certain posters in this thread can continuously troll for pages and pages over an entire season and get away with it.

Nicky Santoro

May 23, 2012
Montreal
Here's the full U.S. number ...

-Stanley Cup Final avg viewership last night-

Game 2
ABC Oilers-Panthers: 3.558M
3.6M for a cdn team that 99% of americans never heard of, vs a very small market and it's only gm2. Now imagine if it was NYR/CHI final, or CHI/BOS.. easily 7M for gm 2.

if we can get 3.6M for these 2 teams, then wow.

I was watching Dan LeBatard show this morning on YT, and he swears he got 2 ppl approach him in FLA that morning and one said to him, Edmonton is in Texas, right?? and the other told him, hey i heard the gators won last night.. He didn't even know they were called the panthers..

These are 3.6M american hockey fans watching. We're not getting much help from Florida fans at all.

I still can't believe that many americans watched. I'm so happy... Especially since the first 2 periods were so boring.. nothing was going on till the 2nd half of the 3rd period.

varsaku

Feb 14, 2014
United States
I expected better numbers from Canada. It’s the best player in the world trying to bring the Cup back to Canada for the first time in 30 years. Hockey sure ain’t what it used to be up there.
They don't have the national following to really move the needle the way the Leafs or Habs could. This is pretty good considering it is between two smaller market teams.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
You were proven wrong with your prediction on American numbers. Now you are just grasping at straws, and slagging the NHL for attention.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They don't have the national following to really move the needle the way the Leafs or Habs could. This is pretty good considering it is between two smaller market teams.
I would concur. Edm doesn't have the cache. I mean, the NHL mouth piece Shannon said, NHL did a great job getting the Oilers on US tv, though I'm sure fans didn't like the 8:30 local starts. So, they air Edm games at 10:30 EST where like 60% of Americans live? That's doing a great job? Kind of should be the other way around, unless Shannon misspoke and that should be like a 6:30 local start for the fans, thus 8:30 pm EST.

gattaca

Jan 5, 2011
Mississauga
Leger poll says 58% of Canadians will be following not very closely or not at all the Stanley Cup finals.

Only 27% of Americans will be following the Stanley Cup finals.

Reaser

May 19, 2021
-CANADA avg viewership (English only)-

Game 2
Oilers-Panthers: 2.884M
-SN: 1.594M
--CBC: 1.061M
---Citytv: 229k

Reactions: Fatass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad