NHL.TV / Center Ice / ESPN+ Discussion - Part IV [See the warning in OP]

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
It was the monumental feed from the Caps they showed for the Devils game!
OP was referring to centre ice on Bell, game wasn’t showing or listing it.
Which is cable or satellite for centre ice thru Bell.
It got more confusing later , when poster admitted to watching games via a pirate feed.

Not sure which platform you were using

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
OP was referring to centre ice on Bell, game wasn’t showing or listing it.
Which is cable or satellite for centre ice thru Bell.
It got more confusing later , when poster admitted to watching games via a pirate feed.

Not sure which platform you were using
NHL Centre Ice with Shaw\Rogers

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
As an international NHL.TV subscriber I'm finding the ESPN(+?) broadcast a little weird. So you get the game with commentary but just a wideshot of the arena during ad breaks. I'm fine with it, beats actual ads, it's just a bit odd. And you get the occasional out of broadcast comment or unfinished graphic.

First world problems...

The real issue is still no pregame and postgame shows as obligatory components of both the live broadcasts and the "delayed live" reruns/archived streams.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
to test out the Bell center ice unavailability of games carried nationally by SN 360 or SN1 see if Boston vs Colorado is available tonight . Its listed as SN 360 game .

naturally if your satt t.v pkg has the sports channel tiers that include those channels you just watch the game there .

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
to test out the Bell center ice unavailability of games carried nationally by SN 360 or SN1 see if Boston vs Colorado is available tonight . Its listed as SN 360 game .

naturally if your satt t.v pkg has the sports channel tiers that include those channels you just watch the game there .
That will be the only place you can watch it through Bell, since its Wednesday , and that’s a national night, you need to watch it on the broadcast channel.
That’s how it worked for 20 years while I had it.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ

It happend 2-3 times already this season where a game was listed on CI but then when you tune in and you have the message to switch to SN SN 360 or SN 1. Lucky for me i also have the sports package so it wasnt a problem .

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
It happend 2-3 times already this season where a game was listed on CI but then when you tune in and you have the message to switch to SN SN 360 or SN 1. Lucky for me i also have the sports package so it wasnt a problem .
Yes if it a national night you need to go to the Sportsnet channels. That’s how it works,
If it a regional night, then if you’re in the region, need to go to Sportsnet, if outside regional zone, the go to CI.

ArmadilloThumb

Apr 20, 2018
Update.

Tonight's Stars - Caps game is on Bell Centre Ice and it is the Caps Monumental feed.

Just odd. Or rather lax and pathetic. League should insure the cable/other providers are 100% on the ball and deliver every game (with the exception of the games covered by National rights, as some have discussed).

Really for the money they should have both team's feeds and all pre and post games. If you are trying to grow the game this is an important deliverable.

Just be competent.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
So, is this the thread to vent? As a Yank that only streams, I get a Hulu live package because it includes ESPN+. I also get MAX. Hulu has TNT or TBS or TRU, so I get those games. 6 games in and I’m going to miss the second game of my team (Pittsburgh) because it’s on NHLN. HULU doesn’t have NHLN. Do I, as a the type of person that gives to charity, doesn’t avoid jury duty, doesn’t spit on the street, need to learn about unauthorized streams? The NHL is going to turn me into a criminal. Thanks for reading. I am absolutely not a Karen.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Update.

Tonight's Stars - Caps game is on Bell Centre Ice and it is the Caps Monumental feed.

Just odd. Or rather lax and pathetic. League should insure the cable/other providers are 100% on the ball and deliver every game (with the exception of the games covered by National rights, as some have discussed).

Really for the money they should have both team's feeds and all pre and post games. If you are trying to grow the game this is an important deliverable.

Just be competent.
They really dont want your eyes following an out of market telecast beyond whats required of them .

they want your eyes on your own regional sports channel before and after the out of market game you just watched

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad