League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
I don't have a dog in this fight and I'm a little worried lol.

I'm not sure if the Oilers are playing differently or if the Panthers have just forgotten their game. They seemed to find their way halfway through the second but it was too late.

I wonder if the extra days off are having an effect on their momentum and focus.
Tonight the issue was really just special teams. Panthers gave up a shorty, and allowed 2 PP goals. That’s the game. I thought the Panthers were the better team 5v5, particularly over the 2nd half.

I think the travel/time off may make it harder to maintain the style that FL wants to play - everyone working their asses off in unison to close off the ice and grind teams down. The Oilers OTOH can just show up with their superior skating and a McDavid lead offensive attack.

Skinner was better than Bob again tonight - that’s obviously huge if it continues. And guys like Reinhart and Verhaeghe need to start contributing.

Last edited:

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
This Oilers team is real scrappy and scrappy teams win Cups. As Caps fans we should know :)

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Top ten protected. Ante upped in the division. Have to consider it a win for the Devils not to give up their first rounder this year.
Will be interesting. Their defense was ass last season and they’ll need to replace Bahl. Markstrom is 35. I could see this working out very well for them or I could see this wasting another two years with their current core.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
If you have 12 mins to spare to watch Paul Maurice and his pressers I would encourage it. He is really just such a brilliant hockey mind, and a pretty cool guy as well. At this point I am rooting for a Panthers Cup win more for him than any of the players lol

Reactions: ovikovy817

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Jeez the Panthers have completely fallen apart.

Oilers with all the momentum. It feels like this series is now theirs to lose. Hard to believe after going down 0-3

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
hmm posting the Paul Maurice interviews and praising him might end up biting me in the ass :laugh:

Then again I still think he's a fantastic coach. I am not sure how much this turnaround is on him. When it's a team sport there is only so much you can do as a coach and then it's really down to the players.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I don't think there's a better #4/#5 defenseman in the league than Brett Kulak.

Not nearly good enough to be a first pairing guy, but defends well and rarely makes a gaffe. Exactly what EDM needs when they have the comedy duo of Nurse/Ceci costing them left and right.

A perfectly cromulent defenseman

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Forsling with the error but Aaron Ekblad with the Nick Backstrom wheels trying to backcheck.

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
It’s so weird that the Panthers can look like the best team in years and all the sudden be so terrible. Listen, I know that the Oilers are a good team, and when they’re in their game they can run you over. That’s one thing. But the Panthers right now look like they are absolutely incapable of playing even the most basic hockey. They honestly look pathetic.

Reactions: PlushMinus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad