League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Zibanejad has been awful. He's already probably on my all-overrated team but he's been just straight up bad this series.

Trocheck hasn't been nearly as lights-out either, though he's still clearly their best center right now.

I think a lot of NYR's problem is that their D can't contribute much offensively outside of Fox, who is banged up (thanks Nick Jensen!). Without two-way dynamos either at F or D it's hard for them to generate possession and goals against a good team. They'll still BS their way into shorthanded goals and can capitalize on mistakes from FLA but good teams won't give up too many of those opportunities.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Montgomery also said out loud what people around hockey quietly admit: Babcock may be officially out of the game, but many NHL coaches and executives still respect and consult him, and he maintains a hold within the league’s establishment.

“The issue is he’s a powerful guy still,” said one of Babcock’s former players, who like some others asked not to be named because he still fears reprisal from within the NHL. “And he’s connected with a lot of influential people.”

Interesting read….makes me believe we have not seen the last of Babs….

Reactions: PlushMinus

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Zibanejad has been awful. He's already probably on my all-overrated team but he's been just straight up bad this series.

Trocheck hasn't been nearly as lights-out either, though he's still clearly their best center right now.

I think a lot of NYR's problem is that their D can't contribute much offensively outside of Fox, who is banged up (thanks Nick Jensen!). Without two-way dynamos either at F or D it's hard for them to generate possession and goals against a good team. They'll still BS their way into shorthanded goals and can capitalize on mistakes from FLA but good teams won't give up too many of those opportunities.
I think what the Rangers fans can take away from this (if they don’t come back) is that the positives are they have the best goalie in the league, and Lafreniere is really starting to look like the player they hoped for on draft day.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

I think they’re all pretty dinged up at this point. You have to be…..

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I think they’re all pretty dinged up at this point. You have to be…..

My favorite part of the post Cup to the draft time frame is the player injury confessionals.

"Joe Smuck was playing with a severed limb in his lower body, Peter North had surgery during the first round to remove his left lung, Adam Fox was split in two like Darth Maul, Artemi Panarin had a bruised pinky toe".

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC

Montgomery also said out loud what people around hockey quietly admit: Babcock may be officially out of the game, but many NHL coaches and executives still respect and consult him, and he maintains a hold within the league’s establishment.

“The issue is he’s a powerful guy still,” said one of Babcock’s former players, who like some others asked not to be named because he still fears reprisal from within the NHL. “And he’s connected with a lot of influential people.”

I think Babs has been getting paid to stay at home with all the leafs buyout money. Its why I thought Ted was going to take him over Lavi.

Vivaldi

May 18, 2024

As a coach we have, he just got a club's entire management team fired. Most old boys clubs would have no problem overlooking his psychopath behavior towards players but he didn't just touch the NHL's third rail he stuck his **** in it

Watching the Rags implode next year after the Lavi Honeymoon wears off is gonna be amazing.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
My favorite part of the post Cup to the draft time frame is the player injury confessionals.

"Joe Smuck was playing with a severed limb in his lower body, Peter North had surgery during the first round to remove his left lung, Adam Fox was split in two like Darth Maul, Artemi Panarin had a bruised pinky toe".
Me also…..I envision Oshie’s to be something like ”I was pissing blood, when I could piss, which was painful, because I had to lie flat all the time or I had paralyzing back spasms. The bright spot was playing the actual games where they could give me injections to just numb me all over”…..

I joke but these guys are warriors….their bodies are thoroughly punished this late in the season.

Reactions: kicksavedave

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I think what the Rangers fans can take away from this (if they don’t come back) is that the positives are they have the best goalie in the league, and Lafreniere is really starting to look like the player they hoped for on draft day.

Or another Druce type. He's showing signs of his pick.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I really want to see FL win it all this year. Part because i think they are the best team and they are fun to watch. Secondly, they can blow up the lineup a bit if they win. They really need to win it this year. Don’t mind Edmonton, but kinda don’t want them either. No way they can hang with FL.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Betting both series go to game 7s is just over +400 if you think the refs might call these games differently for the NHL +400 isn't bad for 2 games

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
While losing game 7 at home would be more satisfying I would prefer Florida to end it tonight and guarantee things.

Plus there’ll be plenty of sad Rangers fans in the stands anyway. There’s a lot of snowbirds staying here permanently in Florida, and old ass snowbirds are the only people old enough to remember the last time the Rangers won a cup.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Betting both series go to game 7s is just over +400 if you think the refs might call these games differently for the NHL +400 isn't bad for 2 games
I think the Oilers have solved Dallas. The last 5 periods of that series have been dominated by the Oilers.

Rags could definitely win tonight's game and take it to a game 7. Sure hope they don't!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad