League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Yeti and Blizzard both remind me too much of the Colorado Avalanche (who will be their natural geographic rivals).
colorado-avalanche-logo-2413A7AF62-seeklogo.com.png

I like Outlaws. Venom sounds a bit too much like an Arena Football League team (or XFL team). I'm betting Pioneers wins.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I dislike them all so much that I want them to be HC Utah (they should definitely phrase it that way instead of Utah HC, rolls better)

Reactions: Calicaps

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
My guess is Outlaws will win in any public polls but the team lawyers and PR people might not like the idea of being anti-law.

Then riots ensue and everyone is like "oh, right. it's true"

• Haha
Reactions: Ridley Simon

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Outlaws then (blizzard/yeti)...they could easily incorporate the Yeti as the mascot for the Blizzard.

Why they didn't consider the Utah Polygamists or Utah 3.2% ABV'rs is weird to me.

With all the rugged country and canyons in Utah, the best choice would of been the Canyoneros. There's already a song and so much you can do with it.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

Talk me out of the idea of trading one of their five third rounders in the next two drafts for Guentzel's rights...

He's the type of player they need. He's crafty around the net and is a good playmaker, on top of being able to score himself.

Just wish he wasn't going to be 30 years old at the start of next season. But I like him better than a lot of other options being floated.

Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Why exactly do you want to give away 3rd round pick for his rights?

To be able to give a 30-year old his 8th year?

Reactions: um

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Personally i think this is a good example of why team name should not be left up to the fans.

All remaining names suck big time. Then again the original list was not much better.

My favorite is the name hockey club. The creativity that went into that name is beyond most peoples abilities.

Reactions: Calicaps

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
My guess is Outlaws will win in any public polls but the team lawyers and PR people might not like the idea of being anti-law.

IIRC, wasn't Butch Cassidy and members of the 'Wild Bunch' either from, or reside in Utah during their ummm 'careers'?

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Wait … Mormons can riot? I don’t think that’s allowed in their gospel? I’m pretty sure the Book of Mormon does not have a chapter on rioting!

I also didn’t think Salt Lake Citians (is that the right thing to call them? Salt Lakians? Salt Lakers? Salt Lakesters? Just Salters? I’m so lost) had any idea how to riot either!

Then I goggled it. Boy, was I proven wrong. They do like their riots.

Weird, right?

Wait …. What were we talking about, again?

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Talk me out of the idea of trading one of their five third rounders in the next two drafts for Guentzel's rights...

Why would we give up a pick for a pending UFA? If he wants to sign here he can at market value. If he doesn't, we simply gave up a pick for nothing at all, right? I don't get it, but I don't get a lot of things :D

Reactions: um and Calicaps

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Why would we give up a pick for a pending UFA? If he wants to sign here he can at market value. If he doesn't, we simply gave up a pick for nothing at all, right? I don't get it, but I don't get a lot of things :D
As a team that is attempting to resign their own player, they get rights that other teams don’t get.

Mostly around length of contract — not sure what else

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Saw rumors of Guentzel and Chicago. I think he’s just gonna cash out. Chicago has money and cap and should probably surround Bedard with good players sooner rather than later

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Yeti and Blizzard both remind me too much of the Colorado Avalanche (who will be their natural geographic rivals).
colorado-avalanche-logo-2413A7AF62-seeklogo.com.png

I like Outlaws. Venom sounds a bit too much like an Arena Football League team (or XFL team). I'm betting Pioneers wins.
AFAIK Pioneers isn't in consideration (not on that list anyway). That was my suggestion. :)

Reactions: Hivemind
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad