League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
Honestly this is the best time of year: no hockey to watch (good) and lots of speculation/trades/UFA/summer of analytics discussion.

Can't wait to get into more arguments with you jerks and win them handily, as is annual tradition.
Best time of year for hockey fans is when there is hockey to watch. Got any stats to prove me wrong?

• Wow
Reactions: twabby

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Honestly this is the best time of year: no hockey to watch (good) and lots of speculation/trades/UFA/summer of analytics discussion.

Can't wait to get into more arguments with you jerks and win them handily, as is annual tradition.

stephen-colbert-eating.gif

Reactions: twabby and Calicaps

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Wow Babcock really is a grade A asshole:

Makes me wonder how far off Herb Brooks was from this…..Ole Babs didn’t learn to change with the times, got fired, then started the same shit all over…..he’s got some brass ones. I fully expect him back in the NHL at some point….

Reactions: PlushMinus

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
The Caps were 2018 away from being the Sharks.

Feels good that they won a Cup. It's hard as heck to do!
Yep, a LOT of really good teams don't get to win the Cup. It takes so many things to go right, across such a long period of time. And there are 32 teams all with some level of smart, hard working people trying to do the same thing. Its never easy.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Yep, a LOT of really good teams don't get to win the Cup. It takes so many things to go right, across such a long period of time. And there are 32 teams all with some level of smart, hard working people trying to do the same thing. Its never easy.
So true. Yet 32 teams in the NFL and it doesn’t seem the same. NCAA hoops is magical but UConn has won two in a row and it seems to be a lot of the same teams.

something about hockey and how much more special it is. Love this game!

Reactions: kicksavedave

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Makes me wonder how far off Herb Brooks was from this…..Ole Babs didn’t learn to change with the times, got fired, then started the same shit all over…..he’s got some brass ones. I fully expect him back in the NHL at some point….
I think now his real character has been made public it's going to be impossible for him to get another NHL coaching gig. Players would leak it to the press as soon as he over-stepped, which wouldn't take long. People like him don't change.

I also watched a podcast with Mike Commodore and he seems like an asshole as well. He was ripping on Scott Arniel (who will be coaching the Jets) when he came in as Blue Jackets coach. According to Commodore, Arniel is arrogant and a jerk because of the way he "puffed himself" before walking into the room for the first time lol. And also because he benched Commodore who was the highest paid D on the team at the time. Everything about Commodore seems to revolve around him not being treated the way HE felt he should be, What a clown.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
It's rare for teams to lose in the Finals and return the next year. The Penguins did it in 2008 and 2009 and won the 2nd time around. The last team to lose and return was The Oilers in 1983 and 1984 at the beginning of their dynasty.

The last time a team made it back and then lost again was Don Cherry's Bruins when facing that MTL juggernaut of the 70s.

Expansion teams make even more difficult. What a tough sport to play in and there are no promises.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Mike Commodore refused to wear #64 and IMO that's grounds for imprisonment.

When I was playing beer league, one of our rival teams bought themselves some spiffy jerseys with their names on the backs. The goalie ended up getting the name Monistat. His number... 7. I always smirked a little when when we played them, they did their tender wrong.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
When I was playing beer league, one of our rival teams bought themselves some spiffy jerseys with their names on the backs. The goalie ended up getting the name Monistat. His number... 7. I always smirked a little when when we played them, they did their tender wrong.
I laughed but only after I googled it

Reactions: kicksavedave

Kalopsia

Sponsor
Jun 25, 2018
By trainer, you mean McDavid, right?
Yeah, credit to Hyman for being a good complimentary player but that's all on McDavid and Draisaitl. Since getting to Edmonton Hyman's spent 82% of his ES time with one or both of McDavid and Draisaitl (85% this year), plus he's getting first unit PP time with both of them. He's the modern day version of Kevin Stevens playing with Lemiuex and Jagr or Tikkanen playing with Gretzky and Kurri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad