League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
One team trying to win it for Canada in 31 years vs the team that has never won it

Oilers Cup Final Record: 5-2
Panthers Cup Final Record: 0-2

Really want the Panthers to win their 1st Cup, but conflicted since McDavid is in OV's situation of getting his first chance at winning it. If the Oilers win it, McDavid can join OV to stick to Crosby winning the Cup on the first try!

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Pretty happy with these two teams in the Finals. I think Panthers have earned it and Oilers a long time in the making. (so much incompetence along the way but eventually it had to happen).

For me it's more about Draisatl winning a Cup than McDavid. I would love to see him as the superstar on another team. He really seems to be in the same tier as Mc and Mac.

On the Florida side, Barkov is one of my fave players. Would like to see him win a Cup and Bobrovsky as well. And Okposo, OEL , and Kulikov as the long timers who've been around and been pretty damn good over all those years.

Reactions: RedRocking

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
The two absolute best teams with the best players in the game right now are in the final. Can’t complain about that. I’m leaning towards Edmonton. I’m generally a fan of when the best players win it all, it’s good for the game!

And I hate that little shit Sam Bennett so i will say go Oilers

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
I’m heavily rooting for Florida, I just like their team more and they have more players who have been in the league longer searching for that first cup. I don’t mind the Oilers, it’s not like I’d be heartbroken if they won. To be honest I’d be happy if the Panthers won this year and then next year the Oilers went on a redemption run and won (since let’s be honest, the Caps won’t be competing)

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Definitely pulling for the Oil. Respected franchise with a proud history. No one cares about hockey in South Florida (trust me, I lived in Fla for 10 years). Heck, no one cares about sports in South Florida, other than college football. So go Oil.

Reactions: Kerberos

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
At least the Oilers have done some proper suffering and heartbreaks the last 10 years or so and seem to have some humility as an org compared to TOR who seem to have the most entitled group

Always love when some older vets can get their likely only chance for The Cup, how ecstatic would Kyle Okposo be for FLA after 8 years in BUF and many bad years at NYI

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
At least the Oilers have done some proper suffering and heartbreaks the last 10 years or so and seem to have some humility as an org compared to TOR who seem to have the most entitled group

Always love when some older vets can get their likely only chance for The Cup, how ecstatic would Kyle Okposo be for FLA after 8 years in BUF and many bad years at NYI
Cannot believe that dude is 36 now (and almost out of the league)…..he has put in his dues….

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
It's early, but imagining a Miami to Edmonton and back set of air travel for the Cup final. Good times.
I’m concerned for Emily Kaplan’s hair.

Should be a good Final. Great for the game to showcase its best player. I’m cool with either team winning. Though, I’d still give the edge to FL because of their physicality and superior goaltending.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Panthers should win.

They had the perfect preparation for this series, putting away another special team relying team in Rangers and here comes the next one. It's a different animal that has better offense but then again their defense is worse and you can't even mention Shesterkin and Skinner in the same sentence.

McDavid and Draisatl need to show something special here.

Reactions: Calicaps

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

was rooting for Pavelski for the same reason. would hate to see the Oil take it. Go Cats!

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
The long break before the finals always cools off the hot goalie. I think it’ll be Panthers in 5/6 with Skinner coming back down to his norm.

Reactions: sycamore

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
The province nobody wants to play in vs the state every player wants to sign in. Personally, I love Alberta, but I’m a outdoorsman country guy. The drive from East Glacier to Calgary is one sparse drive and solitude.

Reactions: PlushMinus

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It's rare for teams to lose in the Finals and return the next year. The Penguins did it in 2008 and 2009 and won the 2nd time around. The last team to lose and return was The Oilers in 1983 and 1984 at the beginning of their dynasty.

The last time a team made it back and then lost again was Don Cherry's Bruins when facing that MTL juggernaut of the 70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad