League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2021-22 season, Vol. 3, Playoffs Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I still hate the Pens. I hate their building, I hate their fans, I hate Crosby's stupid face, I hate that they stole horn guy's schtick (and EA put horn guy in PPG instead of Cap One!), I hate that they beat us so many times over the years, I hate everything about Kris Letang, and I hate that they have way better arena music than we do.

But yeah the Cup totally softened it. Like 5%.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I still hate the Pens. I hate their building, I hate their fans, I hate Crosby's stupid face, I hate that they stole horn guy's schtick (and EA put horn guy in PPG instead of Cap One!), I hate that they beat us so many times over the years, I hate everything about Kris Letang, and I hate that they have way better arena music than we do.

But yeah the Cup totally softened it. Like 5%.
The Cup didn’t soften my dislike for any other franchise, just removed all the old scar tissue.

I wasn’t even nervous or surprised going into OT…..seen this show before.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Matthews’s shoulder is clearly messed up. Isn’t shooting at all and when he is it’s weaksauce.

Rielly ties it up.

Wow. Toronto leading!

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Leah Hextall’s voice is gonna shatter my TV
I'm going to bed. She is freaking terrible and completely ruined this game for me. It's like having Mickey Mouse call the game. Just an awful hockey experience.

As I’ve been saying all year, it is the LEAFS year
It has that feel. If they don't succeed, it will be a true HF meltdown.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Jun 15, 2007
I really don't understand how Holland watched Keith's final years in Chicago and decided thats what he needed for Edmonton.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I really don't understand how Holland watched Keith's final years in Chicago and decided thats what he needed for Edmonton.
I think it’s a combination of the old business saying, “nobody got fired for hiring IBM” combined with the game passing him by combined with guys thinking they’re smarter than everyone else combined with NHL GMs often being really bad at their job.

The old IBM phrase relates to someone deciding to use IBM as their vendor when they could go with a menu of other companies to include maybe startups that could do it better and for cheaper but it’s easier for the person choosing their vendor to pick IBM because it’s much easier to defend choosing a well-known name than it is to stick your neck out on potential. Holland can just say to ownership, “I got you Duncan Keith, this ain’t my fault” and that’s an easier position for him to defend than if he chose a talented but unproven player. But hey, that’s why he got Duncan Keith and why Sakic was able to steal Devon Toews for two seconds from another dinosaur who is terrible at his job in Lou on the Island.

Reactions: PlushMinus and 895
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad