League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2021-22 season, Vol. 3, Playoffs Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Cool who’s ready to drop like $30 mil on Kuemper?!?
I think he's a bit underrated in terms of talent, but he sure is injury prone.

But so is Francois. If Kuemper is out for a while, they better hope they have a decent 3rd option.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I'm just looking forward to seeing McDavid vs McKinnon and all those 7-6 games in this series. Then watching whoever wins lose in 5 to TBL.

Agreed. Neither of these Western teams have the defense or the goalie to compete against TB. TB in turn CAN play defense and has a world class goalie.

Last edited:

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
That reminded me of Game 1 of our finals vs. Vegas.

Twas a silly hockey game but I'm sure both team will play better moving forward.

And that snipe was preceded by a really nice look by hugely underrated Brett Kulak to find Zach Hyman.

Great TDL pickup by Edmonton.
Wait, are you actually watching the game?

;)

IvanMalison

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Agreed. Neither of these Western teams have the defense or the goalie to compete against TB. TB in turn CAN play defense and has a world class goalie.
Hmm I think this is kind of a dumb narrative that I'm seeing a lot of people trot out. Colorado has a really good D core and I don't think they will let in 6 goals ever game. Yes, they are icing Jack Johnson right now (keep in mind this is really only because Girard is out), but the top 4 of Makar, Toews, Byram, Erik Johnson is really solid and they also have some great defensive forwards in Nichuskin, Landeskog, Kadri, Lehkonen etc. Kuemper has been a bit iffy since the eye injury, but Francois has actually looked pretty great in relief.

If you look at the stats from the game: Edmonton Oilers - Colorado Avalanche - May 31st, 2022

all of the Avs top 4 D were +, while Manson and Johnson were -4 and -1 respectively. Manson will not have such a bad game again, and I suspect Bednar will do everything he can to keep Johnson's icetime to a minimum, and my bet is they let in no more than 3 next game.

Reactions: PlushMinus

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Hmm I think this is kind of a dumb narrative that I'm seeing a lot of people trot out. Colorado has a really good D core and I don't think they will let in 6 goals ever game. Yes, they are icing Jack Johnson right now (keep in mind this is really only because Girard is out), but the top 4 of Makar, Toews, Byram, Erik Johnson is really solid and they also have some great defensive forwards in Nichuskin, Landeskog, Kadri, Lehkonen etc. Kuemper has been a bit iffy since the eye injury, but Francois has actually looked pretty great in relief.

If you look at the stats from the game: Edmonton Oilers - Colorado Avalanche - May 31st, 2022

all of the Avs top 4 D were +, while Manson and Johnson were -4 and -1 respectively. Manson will not have such a bad game again, and I suspect Bednar will do everything he can to keep Johnson's icetime to a minimum, and my bet is they let in no more than 3 next game.
Agreed that the Avs D is good, but it’s their goaltending I worry about. Neither goalie has played well these playoffs.

IvanMalison

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR

....and the avs shutout the Oilers and the vaunted McDrai line.

@tycoonheart do you still want to try to claim the Avs can't play defense and have terrible goaltending?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Hedman looks compromised.

Florida fans have to be shitting themselves with how the Rangers are making the Lightning look. Game 1 due to rust is one thing but they're still looking slow.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Man the Rangers are looking poised for a legit cup run. Hockey is so weird, they sucked last year. Their fans would be pretty annoying if they won it all

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The Rangers are giving me 2018 Caps vibes: entering the playoffs with little fanfare, but then legitimately outplaying some good teams after squeaking by in the first round.

Reactions: max21

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Chytil becoming a full-on scoring threat completely changes how the Rangers look. Suddenly they're a deep offensive team now. He's always looked dangerous, he's finally putting together a stretch that at the perfect moment for the Rags

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
You gotta be shittin me...the rangers? Really?

The worst part is this is their hardest series left, if NYR get to the final theyre winning it all against oilers or avs

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Colorado is stlll the legit-ist outfit in the dance. Their goaltending is a question mark but the skaters are the best and present a tougher task than TBL minus Point.

Credit to the Rangers for playing defense I guess. Getting Nemeth out of the lineup was one of the final missing piece moves.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Some great plays by Rantanen. COL looking all of the part of a champion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad