League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2021-22 season, Vol. 3, Playoffs Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
This Blues-Avs series is looking hauntingly like the Caps-Habs 2010 series.

And just as I say that Avs score.

Reactions: Corby78

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Well my SC picks are over. Well not entirely for I picked St Louis over Tampa Bay. Hoping the Oilers win it all.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I’m not complaining, just an observation, but have these playoffs been very unphysical and lacking a lot of the animosity you normally see in the playoffs? I think they’re calling penalties at a higher rate which maybe has something to do with it but it’s been outright tame in most of the games I’ve watched

Reactions: Holtbyisms

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I’m not complaining, just an observation, but have these playoffs been very unphysical and lacking a lot of the animosity you normally see in the playoffs? I think they’re calling penalties at a higher rate which maybe has something to do with it but it’s been outright tame in most of the games I’ve watched

Maybe spending a year in a covid bubble brought everyone closer together and enhanced their bonds of friendship.

Reactions: Holtbyisms

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
I think it’s just been this particular 2nd round, which has been kind of underwhelming. Though the too short BoA was some bonkers fun.

Will be interesting to see if the intensity picks back up for the CF’s.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Somebody has to stop Tampa. I can't bear the thought of them winning a 3rd Cup and being called a dynasty.

The Canes have been very underwhelming in the playoffs. Up until game 6 against the Rangers I thought Raanta had played very well, but I still think they would have been better if Andersen was in net for these playoffs.
And their powerplay has been awful.

Neither they or the Rangers look like they are going to give Tampa much of a challenge. I hope I'm wrong.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Somebody has to stop Tampa. I can't bear the thought of them winning a 3rd Cup and being called a dynasty.

The Canes have been very underwhelming in the playoffs. Up until game 6 against the Rangers I thought Raanta had played very well, but I still think they would have been better if Andersen was in net for these playoffs.
And their powerplay has been awful.

Neither they or the Rangers look like they are going to give Tampa much of a challenge. I hope I'm wrong.

I can't stand the Rangers or the Hurricanes, pompous organization with arrogant fans, and no success to back it up. I hope Tampa claps whoever comes out of this game.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Canes got no Dawg in them. They just don’t have that guy. Some good players, but no one to take over a game.

Shesterkin, McDavid, MacKinnon, and the back to back winners of the cup, yeah that feels about right
Yeah pretty underwhelming series for them. Svechnikov didn’t do much all playoffs and Kotkaniemi was completely invisible

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
The Rangers are so annoying. They have been on the cusp of elimination 5 times these playoffs but they're going to the ECF. A good powerplay, superstar goaltending, and facing 3rd string goalies is apparently the right recipe!

They probably find a way to beat Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad