League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) - 2021-22 season, Vol. 3, Playoffs Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
I'm just bummed the Rags didn't troll the Cans by mocking them with their own 'storm celly' after the win.

Go Avs.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
ESPN's NHL playoff coverage is atrocious. I haven't watched too much of it but last night they totally missed the hit on Jarvis by the Rangers Trouba which led to not only Jarvis's injury but also a Rangers Power Play for too many Canes on the ice due to Jarvis laboring to get off the ice. Rangers subsequently converted on the PP to make 2-0 at the time. ESPN finally showed the hit about 10 minutes later which ended Jarvis's evening. Right after the hit ESPN opted to go to one of their bunnies along the glass, Emily Kaplan to talk about who know's what but totally unrelated to the events that were immediately occurring on the ice at the time. Enough with the puff pieces! Never thought I'd say it, but give me Pierre McGuire any day over one of these bunnies who ask the dumbest questions when interviewing the players.

Watching the AVs in their win against the Blues, what stood out to me is not just their team speed, but their team quickness that is they were getting to every loose puck before a Blues player was. Looking forward to the AVs Oilers series, but I think it's destined to be an AVs/Lighting final with the Lighting winning it all solely because of their goalie.

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
NY or Toronto in the East and LA or Chicago in the West is probably the best tv markets for the NHL (me off the cuff).

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Meh, I think they'd want two US teams.

Who knows.
ESPN doesn’t really care about hockey to begin with. They at least need to take the opportunity of the most electric player in hockey being in the top 4 and try to promote him

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Jack Johnson on one side, Duncan Keith on the other.

Should be a fun one!

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
And that snipe was preceded by a really nice look by hugely underrated Brett Kulak to find Zach Hyman.

Great TDL pickup by Edmonton.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
God help McDrai if they can make it a long series carrying around Ceci/Nurse.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
There are like 3 good goalies in the NHL.

I hope Washington doesn’t do something silly this offseason.

Reactions: RedRocking

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I cannot recall the last time I witnessed a 7-5 hockey game. One of the guys on the pre-game show said there would be a lot of goals scored in this series but this is nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad