NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Mega-Mock Mini-Expansion Supplemental Mega-Draft!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
How's your pup doing?
Seems really good. If I couldn’t see the bump, I wouldn’t even know it was there. She’s acting completely normal; eating normally, moving normally, and doesn’t appear to even notice it herself. She still bullies me, but that’s to be expected.

Surgery is scheduled to remove the bump later this month.

How about yours? How’s the pups leg?

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Seems really good. If I couldn’t see the bump, I wouldn’t even know it was there. She’s acting completely normal; eating normally, moving normally, and doesn’t appear to even notice it herself. She still bullies me, but that’s to be expected.

Surgery is scheduled to remove the bump later this month.

How about yours? How’s the pups leg?

Wonderful!

We're into good recovery now, thankfully. I didn’t sleep for almost 3 days because of this jerk. He had to be actively watched or confined, so we bough him a giant ass crate just for this and he freaked the hell out. We think his first owners either abused him in one or kept him confined because it wasn't a normal anxiety. It was panic. But now we get this:

Attachments

• 20220919_113700.jpg
    20220919_113700.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 2

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Wonderful!

We're into good recovery now, thankfully. I didn’t sleep for almost 3 days because of this jerk. He had to be actively watched or confined, so we bough him a giant ass crate just for this and he freaked the hell out. We think his first owners either abused him in one or kept him confined because it wasn't a normal anxiety. It was panic. But now we get this:
Good to hear but that cage stuff is awful. He’s so damn cute.

And yeah, it’s like these little shits suddenly go out of their way to hurt themselves after surgery.

Mine had two incisions in order to have two lumps removed from her rib area a few years back, which were then closed by surgical staples. I’m giving her medicine and watching her constantly to make sure she doesn’t lick them or do anything at all, as instructed, and everything is going well. The day before the staples get removed, I take my eyes off of her for 10 minutes while cooking, realized she was being too quiet, and go find her upstairs laying in the bedroom closet, having pulled 75% of the staples out of her left side. They’re lucky they’re cute because holy shit…

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
My dog never really minded her crate.

There was a bedsheet over it and the inside was lined with beach towels and blankets, so it was a dark, quiet spot for her and she’d regularly go in there to hide when scared (like during a thunderstorm) or if she just wanted to take a nap. I assume that means she thought of it as a place of comfort, not somewhere negative.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
My dog never really minded her crate.

There was a bedsheet over it and the inside was lined with beach towels and blankets, so it was a dark, quiet spot for her and she’d regularly go in there to hide when scared (like during a thunderstorm) or if she just wanted to take a nap. I assume that means she thought of it as a place of comfort, not somewhere negative.
The crate when used properly and the dog properly trained with it is a wonderful thing.
Unfortunately people think you can just dump the dog in a crate for 12 hours a day

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Good to hear but that cage stuff is awful. He’s so damn cute.

And yeah, it’s like these little shits suddenly go out of their way to hurt themselves after surgery.

Mine had two incisions in order to have two lumps removed from her rib area a few years back, which were then closed by surgical staples. I’m giving her medicine and watching her constantly to make sure she doesn’t lick them or do anything at all, as instructed, and everything is going well. The day before the staples get removed, I take my eyes off of her for 10 minutes while cooking, realized she was being too quiet, and go find her upstairs laying in the bedroom closet, having pulled 75% of the staples out of her left side. They’re lucky they’re cute because holy shit…

The emergency vet gave us one of these and it's been an absolute lifesaver: Choosing the Right Harness
 - Help 'Em Up®

You can just grab the back handle to keep the weight off the injured leg and let them hop on 3 without the risk of falling. I know your dog is larger too, so if she has issues walking on it afterward, it's a good way to keep stress off your back. We have 5 or 6 steps down to our backyard, so the double handle makes it super easy to carry him down quickly and avoid the worst of the lifting.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The emergency vet gave us one of these and it's been an absolute lifesaver: Choosing the Right Harness
 - Help 'Em Up®

You can just grab the back handle to keep the weight off the injured leg and let them hop on 3 without the risk of falling. I know your dog is larger too, so if she has issues walking on it afterward, it's a good way to keep stress off your back. We have 5 or 6 steps down to our backyard, so the double handle makes it super easy to carry him down quickly and avoid the worst of the lifting.

I don't anticipate that we'll need it, given where the bump is, but that's good to know. Thanks.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Current C Nazem Kadri Beavers

I'm not picking on you @Strawberry Fields I just like your players.

@Beef Invictus your turn to drive this trainwreck:DD
Bratt was the one I wanted to lose least. I would've much rather exposed Kubalik but I figured I'd rather chance exposing Bratt and two 30+ players than losing Suzuki and Bjorkstrand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad