NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – TITILLATING PHASE TWENTY-FOUR!

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
FOG will pivot towards the ELEPHANT BIRD for our extinct animal.

1688140408503.png

It's the one on the left. Essentially they were big ass birds, back before birds were drones. Amiright @Striiker?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
FOG will pivot towards the ELEPHANT BIRD for our extinct animal.

View attachment 724134

It's the one on the left. Essentially they were big ass birds, back before birds were drones. Amiright @Striiker?
You are exactly right. It was between 1959 and 1971 that they were all wiped out and replaced, so anything before that was real.

I’m proud of you for remembering.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
It's incredible, actually, thanks for asking. We've done about half the island. The beaches are stunning. Each one is different: this one sits just next to an old pine forest, that one is near the ruins of a 13th century castle, this other one is surrounded by 50 ft cliffs, and so on and so forth. My knees are absolutely killing me though--I haven't biked this much since I was a teenager. Bonus: nary a bad tattoo in sight.

Now, onto business. For Team Vegetable, we are very excited to take the GOAT, the Zeppelin of the Earth: Onions

Basically-Onions-NEW.jpg

You can eat them raw, roasted, grilled, sautéed, fried, deep fried, caramelized, pickled. They are a key part of the base of standard dishes in pretty much every global cuisine, and they are used as a garnish to finish standard dishes in pretty much every global cuisine. In short, they're indispensable.

@Rebels57

Ah ha, we have finally found the place where our tastes radically diverge.

Onions invoke an uncontrollable gag reflex in me. There's no other food I've ever encountered that I have this reaction to. My body is absolutely repelled by it. It's not a matter of decision - "Oh, that's not my favourite thing" or "I prefer REDACTED to LIVERWURST". My mouth unleashes a hatebomb throughout my body if it comes in contact with my teeth and tongue. Imagine if Cap suddenly had Kevin Hayes in his mouth, but a worse reaction.

Now don't get me wrong - I cook with onions (finely diced and well disguised into the dish), they're still in my food, and as a contributor to overall flavour they're unparalleled. But if my mouth is able to identify it as an onion, my body can't manage at all. It's inexplicable and I wish it wasn't so, but there it is.

tumblr_inline_pk33mhg6zm1r8scai_400.gif

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Ah ha, we have finally found the place where our tastes radically diverge.

Onions invoke an uncontrollable gag reflex in me. There's no other food I've ever encountered that I have this reaction to. My body is absolutely repelled by it. It's not a matter of decision - "Oh, that's not my favourite thing" or "I prefer REDACTED to LIVERWURST". My mouth unleashes a hatebomb throughout my body if it comes in contact with my teeth and tongue. Imagine if Cap suddenly had Kevin Hayes in his mouth, but a worse reaction.

Now don't get me wrong - I cook with onions (finely diced and well disguised into the dish), they're still in my food, and as a contributor to overall flavour they're unparalleled. But if my mouth is able to identify it as an onion, my body can't manage at all. It's inexplicable and I wish it wasn't so, but there it is.

tumblr_inline_pk33mhg6zm1r8scai_400.gif

That’s awful. I’m so sorry; I’ll keep you and your misfortune in my thoughts. This is like when people say that Ranch tastes like soap.

JojoTheWhale

Lusting Stromboli
May 22, 2008
Ranch is a perfect burst of freshness on Mexican or various Asian dishes. Great on eggs too. Apparently, the soap thing is a genetic defect.

Did you get one of those French tattoos on your brain as a vacation treat?

*Edit*

Oh, see, you need to specify [RANCH] vs ranch. Ranch is made with soap.

Oh dear. Thank you. I didn’t get this at all. I retract my horror.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It pains me that we are in the age where Sega-style games are all the rage, and Sega has no console.

On this front, the current meme-game is "Only Up!" Which is a bizarre and literal take on climbing out of poverty. It's the most Sega game I've seen in years, and there's been a lot of them. Certainly the most Sega game since that one with the dude with a sledgehammer in a cauldron .

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Have you seen the commercials for that "Indian Jones and the Magic Geritol Bottle"? Yikes.

yokai-watch-stinky.gif

We start the day with @Lord Defect's idiot ass on the clock, @Beef Invictus holding hands with Martin Erat's son on deck, @Magua on the lido deck dreaming of Matteo Matteo's debut on defense, and innocent bystander JojotheWhale on the lido afterdeck like a beached whale after eating 26 dino nuggies.

BiggE - the only dinosaurs you can't take are the dinosaurs which have already been taken. Put the f***ing bong down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad