NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – SUPER F***ING AMAZING PHASE TWENTY-FIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I liked the character in the other Marvel/Avengers movies but I thought the Dr Strange movies were weak.

I thought the first one was pretty good, but the second one disappointed me. My biggest issue is what they did with Wanda/Scarlet Witch. WandaVision was an excellent series that finally fleshed her out and made her a fan favorite, and then
we start off Dr. Strange 2 with her as a villain and then kill her off before it's over. Also the scene where she kills off the Illuminati and its powerful heroes like Mr. Fantastic so easily was stupid

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Category wise, this is one of my favorite phases ever. I'm very much looking forward to picking a Robot and a Detective, but I can't not have this particular Video Game Boss as a member of the FOG.

TEAM VIDEO GAME BOSS - SEPHIROTH (FINAL FANTASY VII)

One of the most iconic bosses in video game history, Sephiroth has a rich, complex back story and is as evil and manipulative as he is tragic and compelling. In FF7 alone, he burns an entire village to the ground, kills a President,
kills a beloved main character that the game makes you fall in love with first
, manipulates the main character Cloud until he literally loses his mind and needs to have his sanity restored, and summons a Meteor in an attempt to bring about the destruction of the entire planet. The One Winged Angel is a bad motherf***er.

1695223529232.png

You fight 2 different mutated forms of Sephiroth at the end of the original Final Fantasy VII, before you finally fight his pure form.

First is Bizarro Sephiroth

1695224199175.png

Then, the most difficult battle, Safer Sephiroth.

1695223839295.png

Then, his human form in a 1v1.

1695224281650.png

And if you want to see the very final confrontation, click this link.

Other games have since added to his lore, and he is even in the Smash Bros series now.

The Final Fantasy VII Remake project has expanded his story even further, and even altered it to some degree. It's only 1/3 of the way finished, with Part 1 having been released in 2020 and Part 2 coming in February of 2024. Needless to say, I can't wait.

@mja you're up, and please return my copy of Earthworm Jim

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Been 12 hours, so I'll just pick now, so y'all can get picking bright and early. I highly doubt I snipe HC (again).

The Honolulu Ghibli have a lil' cookout with our Team BBQ Food: Grilled Swordfish Steak

Grilled-Tuna-or-Swordfish-Steaks-Header-Image-2000x761.png

This....is a delicacy. Don't eat it too often or you will DIE of mercury poisoning. But do remember: danger is flavor.

@BernieParent! Magnanimous Bern! Billowy Bern! Mousseux Bern! -- if you want to wait for HC or not, that is your call, my liege

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
“While the owners of the Halifax Galleons are fully aware that their knowledge of WWII pale in comparison with other franchise owners, we will trust our research with this selection. We pick the De Havilland Mosquito as our Team WWII Plane.

Mossie-Proto-960_640.jpg

(From These Were The 11 Best Planes Of WW2 and The Mosquito Fighter-Bomber Did It All in WWII, Quickly Amassing a Combat Record No Other Plane Could Touch)

“The Mosquito was conceived as a light-weight unarmed bomber with a fuselage built entirely of wood, and it very nearly didn't exist at all. The Ministry of Defense didn't believe the concept aircraft would be of any use for the RAF, that was until a self-funded prototype demonstrated the Mosquitos' performance.

“The miraculous Mosquito entered operational service in 1941, and it was one of the fastest operational aircraft in the world, reaching speeds of more than 400 mph. This aircraft was so versatile that it would eventually get deployed as light bombers, fighter-bombers, night fighters, pathfinders, reconnaissance platforms, and even used in anti-submarine roles.

“It could be argued that no airplane amassed as remarkable a combat record in so short a time as did the Mosquito. It entered the war relatively late, a year to the day after the Battle of Britain ended, but it debuted with technology and aerodynamics far more advanced than the Spitfire’s. Certainly no airplane flew as many different kinds of missions and performed them as well as the Mosquito, one of the world’s first successful multirole combat aircraft. The Tornado strives to be its successor; the F-35 should be so lucky.

“The Mosquito was an unarmed bomber with a crew of two, able to carry a bigger bombload farther than a B-17. It was also a fighter-bomber and a night fighter with an eight-gun nose battery. It was the most productive photoreconnaissance aircraft of the war. A high-speed courier. A weather-recon airplane. A carrier-qualified torpedo bomber (though too late to see combat). A pathfinder and target-marker for heavy bombers. The war’s most effective extreme-low-altitude intruder. A multiengine trainer and a high-speed target tug. A decoy frequently used to convince the Luftwaffe that three or four spoof-raid Mosquitos dropping chaff were a bomber stream of Lancasters.

“Many other airplanes did many of these missions, but none did them all. Mosquitos were built in 33 different variants during WWII and 7 that were introduced after the war, at a time when everything else with a propeller was being shunted off to reserve and training units.

"In short, we appreciate the versatility of this aircraft for both military and peaceful missions, and are pleased to have them available for our franchise."

Over to you, @BiggE.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
1695302811122.gif

Seriously, this crap, again?
1695302847321.gif

Do I need to get Brock?
1695302892208.gif

Um, no we’re good. I mean I live for this crap. The official game console of the Methgators, you know, if you want to talk about games, I remember this one time in Albuquerque, me and McCarver and Pete Rose were betting on which hooker would the first to snort a line of coke off a tranny’s sack when
1695302914374.gif

JUST READ THE DAMN CARD!!

(gulp), uh, the official game console of the Jacksonville Methgators is, the CARD TABLE!
1695302940648.jpeg

Because you can play some damn games on it and that’s all our inbred, unemployed, crackhead fanbase can afford!

So, what games do you play @Captain Dave Poulin ?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Even with everything in this category picked over, there are still better choices for me to choose than this thing that I am going to pick. No matter how many times I thought about it - and I thought about it many times - it just felt dishonest to pick anything else.

This was the first gaming system my uncle got, and that meant that it was also the first system that we got. He had an absolute shitload of games - I didn't have as many, and I never borrowed his (because I didn't want to f*** them up somehow), but I had plenty to keep me busy.

hqdefault.jpg

Jojo calls me a magpie when we play videogames, because I will pick up absolutely anything shiny (or dull). I'm just immune to whatever it is that bothers people about grinding. That probably goes back to this game, "Ice Hockey." I would play normal games against the compute or my sisters, but I would also sit there and play against "Player 2" while I was alone. So the opposition players wouldn't move. But that f***ing goalie was still hard to beat. He was a massive dickhead, just like Fat Marty. All you could really do to regularly get goals was to just hammer his ass with shot after shot after shot. I guess I got slightly obsessed with it. This would later evolve into picking up countless tens of thousands of scrolls, which were almost - but not quite - useless.

maxresdefault.jpg

"Dungeons and Dragons" scared the living shit out of me. When you scrolled part of the map open, a f***ing cobra would jump out at you. This is probably the origin of my feelings of fear overwhelming any sense of enjoyment I get when I play videogames.

76d7.gif

"Tron: Deadly Discs" was the GOAT. I've still to this day never seen that movie, so I have no idea what is going on, but the game? Awesomeballs. You threw this frisbee at the bad guys as you moved through doors to different parts of the screen. I think the enemies threw frisbees also. The frisbees would ricochet off the walls. After a certain number of kills, the above machine would come out and just f*** your world. You had to nail it in its eye slit with the frisbee. It was impossible, but it ruled.

This is the only honest choice I could make with this category, and while I know for a fact there are better choices out there, I am sure my scientists will create amazing new games for it.

Intellivision-Console-Set.png

Team Video Game System – intellivision

@Asnito

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Even with everything in this category picked over, there are still better choices for me to choose than this thing that I am going to pick. No matter how many times I thought about it - and I thought about it many times - it just felt dishonest to pick anything else.

This was the first gaming system my uncle got, and that meant that it was also the first system that we got. He had an absolute shitload of games - I didn't have as many, and I never borrowed his (because I didn't want to f*** them up somehow), but I had plenty to keep me busy.

hqdefault.jpg

Jojo calls me a magpie when we play videogames, because I will pick up absolutely anything shiny (or dull). I'm just immune to whatever it is that bothers people about grinding. That probably goes back to this game, "Ice Hockey." I would play normal games against the compute or my sisters, but I would also sit there and play against "Player 2" while I was alone. So the opposition players wouldn't move. But that f***ing goalie was still hard to beat. He was a massive dickhead, just like Fat Marty. All you could really do to regularly get goals was to just hammer his ass with shot after shot after shot. I guess I got slightly obsessed with it. This would later evolve into picking up countless tens of thousands of scrolls, which were almost - but not quite - useless.

maxresdefault.jpg

"Dungeons and Dragons" scared the living shit out of me. When you scrolled part of the map open, a f***ing cobra would jump out at you. This is probably the origin of my feelings of fear overwhelming any sense of enjoyment I get when I play videogames.

76d7.gif

"Tron: Deadly Discs" was the GOAT. I've still to this day never seen that movie, so I have no idea what is going on, but the game? Awesomeballs. You threw this frisbee at the bad guys as you moved through doors to different parts of the screen. I think the enemies threw frisbees also. The frisbees would ricochet off the walls. After a certain number of kills, the above machine would come out and just f*** your world. You had to nail it in its eye slit with the frisbee. It was impossible, but it ruled.

This is the only honest choice I could make with this category, and while I know for a fact there are better choices out there, I am sure my scientists will create amazing new games for it.

Intellivision-Console-Set.png

Team Video Game System – intellivision

@Asnito

Watch Tron and Tron: Legacy. Both rule.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Bawls. Nice.

The Sexpos will use their energy drink selection to get weird. This shit should have never been allowed to exist in this form. When we eventually get to the new world, I'm not sure if I'm going to immediately destroy the lot of it to save us all from this canned hell, or stash it away for special occasions. Like I said, it's weird.

intro-1594514361.jpg

Team Energy Drink - (OG) Four Loko

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - injuries in the NFL are the WORST.

anime-injured.gif

We start the day with @ajgoal on the clock, pit on deck, DancingPanther on the lido deck, and @CanadianFlyer88 on the lido afterdeck with two make-up picks to make up when he makes his regular pick. @Asnito also has to make up his pick when he comes back on.

Sports are stupid.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Bawls. Nice.

The Sexpos will use their energy drink selection to get weird. This shit should have never been allowed to exist in this form. When we eventually get to the new world, I'm not sure if I'm going to immediately destroy the lot of it to save us all from this canned hell, or stash it away for special occasions. Like I said, it's weird.

intro-1594514361.jpg

Team Energy Drink - (OG) Four Loko

First and last time I had a Four Loko was back before the ingredients were regulated. I also had beers. I got so f***ed up I plucked a stray cat off the street and brought it into my apartment to hang out with my friends. Pretty sure they had wormwood in them..the main ingredient of absinthe.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Again, paralyzed by options with too many detectives out there. I could have gone in four or five directions, but I went with the one I'd want trying to save me if I needed it. Smart, ruthless and willing to go into morally grey areas if that's what was required.

Luther1.gif

As a show the quality dropped off eventually, but it had a really good first few seasons.

Team Detective - Luther (aka DCI John Luther)

@DancingPanther you're up. And

13c7a52ef906e6bbc9e3c41d0d33a375.gif

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
First and last time I had a Four Loko was back before the ingredients were regulated. I also had beers. I got so f***ed up I plucked a stray cat off the street and brought it into my apartment to hang out with my friends. Pretty sure they had wormwood in them..the main ingredient of absinthe.

Original Loko was a potion made by the cleaning staff from random chemicals at the beer factory and for some reason they sold it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad