NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE THREE! Part Three

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinatown88

349 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
March 2nd, 2021

Bookworms HQ
Hay-On-Wye, Wales

For immediate press release

From the even fancier antique desk of Bookworms Owner Mikhail Prokhorov

To the several franchises that stole goalie picks from Bookworms, I sincerely hope that you wake up one day and find out that you are suddenly allergic to carbs.
Of course that sounds extreme but Mikhail still so upset that his two goalies were taken.

Progression however cannot be halted.
Here at Bookworms franchise we are deep in process of research and scouting for Phase 4.
According to recently released decree, some of categories kind of confusing for Mikhail.
Selecting vehicles that may or may not be space safe seems important no?

Eventually all good things must come to end such as this Phase 3.
Feeling shafted on legend goalie, Mikhail decided to put in order to save it for last.
On the other hand all the S Tier goalies are gone and it allowed Mikhail to splurge on other selections.
Unveling our legend goaltender and completing our Legends 1st line lineup, Bookworms select this Twitter account Strombone1.

VkkN6-34.jpg

Really not sure on his true identity but we have some GIFs of who we believe he is.

tumblr_lnbqudig1B1qdford.gif

tumblr_lnhcbowgEf1qdford.gif

Mikhail
Owner of the Bookworms

@GKJ is up!

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
March 2nd, 2021

Bookworms HQ
Hay-On-Wye, Wales

To the several franchises that stole goalie picks from Bookworms, I sincerely hope that you wake up one day and find out that you are suddenly allergic to carbs.
Of course that sounds extreme but Mikhail still so upset that his two goalies were taken.

Here at Bookworms franchise we are deep in process of research and scouting for Phase 4.
According to recently released decree, some of categories kind of confusing for Mikhail.

Feeling shafted on legend goalie, Mikhail decided to put in order to save it for last.
On the other hand all the S Tier goalies are gone and it allowed Mikhail to splurge on other selections.
Unveling our legend goaltender and completing our Legends 1st line lineup, Bookworms select this Twitter account Strombone1.

VkkN6-34.jpg

Really not sure on his true identity but we have some GIFs of who we believe he is.

Mikhail
Owner of the Bookworms

@GKJ is up!

Really nice pick. I seriously considered doing this too. As much as I love the history of the game, this is the one position where I look backward and can't help but think on ice play is too different for me to go back very far.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
March 2nd, 2021

Bookworms HQ
Hay-On-Wye, Wales

VkkN6-34.jpg

Mikhail
Owner of the Bookworms

@GKJ is up!
Hums Louie Louie....

Yeah me gotta go...

Chinatown88

349 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Really nice pick. I seriously considered doing this too. As much as I love the history of the game, this is the one position where I look backward and can't help but think on ice play is too different for me to go back very far.

*Puts into translator*

"I saw him on your list while looking at everyone's list that I have masterfully stolen. I was thinking about sniping you just to make you upset and for my personal laughter."

Damn it Jojo!

Also I was on be sameboat. All these legends that went too far back felt like they wouldn't hold up. Plus I went with players I have some sense of familiarity with with the exception of Kurri, I just wanted the best Finn after Teemu.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Yeah well, Turk Broda, didn’t wear a mask, ate only steak, drank only whiskey and chained smoke Cuban cigars.

If that doesn’t scream out world class athlete, f*** if I know what does.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
*Puts into translator*

"I saw him on your list while looking at everyone's list that I have masterfully stolen. I was thinking about sniping you just to make you upset and for my personal laughter."

Damn it Jojo!

Also I was on be sameboat. All these legends that went too far felt like they wouldn't hold up. Plus I went with players I have some sense of familiarity with with the exception of Kurri, I just wanted the best Finn after Teemu.

Well it probably says volumes that I have a Center whose career straddled the legalization of the forward pass just inside my top 10 ever and I still can't convince myself on a Goalie from the 70s in an All-Time Draft setting. :laugh:

There are plenty of great older Goalies left, though. They had phenomenal careers and would still be excellent picks. I'm just speaking to personal preference.

Chinatown88

349 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
Well it probably says volumes that I have a Center whose career straddled the legalization of the forward pass just inside my top 10 ever and I still can't convince myself on a Goalie from the 70s in an All-Time Draft setting. :laugh:
I can't wait for our Megaverse NFL version. You would literally go crazy with all the possibilities running through your mind.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

We don't know that we won't be playing portions of our seasons in a time sink, where the players' nutrition and fitness age backwards to the 1940s and weigh on them like gravity on Moon Men.

No. We can't do this. I'll make playbooks. Please. I don't have time.

We are f***ing doing it and you are taking part and nothing you can say will stop it. I have boundless enthusiasm and excitement for this, which means that I am going to hound it into existence.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
All right, this dealer's choice thing has really thrown me for a loop, especially given all the chaotic picks that followed JoJo's sensible, but outrageous selection.

I was originally going to select an off ice duo, but one half was selected as a player. I could take the other half now, but it seems like a waste with how far most of you reached on your dealer's choice picks. :laugh:

So... we're interested in making this the best franchise on and off the ice. This includes beefing up a broadcast crew worthy of covering our franchise. The Seattle Sockeyes are therefore happy to select as our dealer's choice pick, the Sportsnet Hockey Central panel.

We have done this for two reasons in particular:

1) Kevin Bieksa, Sarah Nurse, and Jennifer Botterill are absolutely crushing it as relatively new game analysts and we wanted them all to work with our franchise.

2) This gives me the pleasure of being able to fire Elliotte Friedman.

@Chuck Downie is back on the clock!

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

There are plenty of great older Goalies left, though. They had phenomenal careers and would still be excellent picks. I'm just speaking to personal preference.

I can think of a few from the 90s and forward that I would consider that I dont believe have been selected yet. None in the Hasek tier, obviously, but still some very good goalies in that next tier down.

No. We can't do this. I'll make playbooks. Please. I don't have time.

The self awareness here coupled with the lack of self control has my hysterically laughing.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad