NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - FRESH DOWN THERE PHASE NINETEEN!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Hi, sorry. Not dead. My dad was taken to the ER a few nights ago and it took some time to sort out exactly what was wrong. Long story short, he has a particularly nasty strain of E. coli. He's being discharged today and I'll get on my makeup pick as soon as I get some sleep.
Glad to hear everything's okay. You have had enough health scares in the family recently to last a lifetime, I reckon...

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hi, sorry. Not dead. My dad was taken to the ER a few nights ago and it took some time to sort out exactly what was wrong. Long story short, he has a particularly nasty strain of E. coli. He's being discharged today and I'll get on my makeup pick as soon as I get some sleep.

Did he happen to eat at Wendy's?

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Yikes, glad he’s out of the hospital. Hope he gets well soon!

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Glad to hear he’s on the mend bud

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
As @GKJ 's assistant GM, I pick the pick that he will pick with his pick. I pick now. It begins. Be prepared.

As a CHVRCHES fan, everyone knows that GKJ has a soft spot for female singers who live like rock stars. Everyone knows. So, let's pick that for him. GKJ's Trial By Combat champion shall be:

Julie d'Aubigny (La Maupin)

nansen.jpg

Julie's father was in charge of training pages in the court of Louis XIV. Julie's father also decided that his daughter should be educated too, so he provided her with a full education and also trained her to be a badass fencer, and she quickly asserted herself as among the best of his students. As part of her education she learned to sing, and she was a very accomplished opera singer.

When she was 16 or 17 her singing got her the attention of a noble daughter, who fell in love with Julie. The girl's parents put her in a convent, so Julie disguised herself, broke in, stole a dead nun, hid it in the girl's bed, then set the whole place on fire to cover things up and fake the girl's death. This act carried some legal ramifications, so she went on the run, usually disguised as a man, and otherwise earning her keep by singing. She fought and won her first duel at this point when she met a dude who thought she was also a dude because she was dressed as a dude, and she handily beat him. Then she nursed him back to health and porked him.

She eventually hooked up with a fencing master who was also on the run, and he honed her skills even further.

There is a lot of myth mixed in with fact at this point. She may have fought multiple duels in one night, but that's either a trope in French literature or the inspiration for Three Musketeers. Supposedly, the way she eventually worked was she would show up somewhere, get attention and some coin by singing some songs, then whip out her sword and challenge everyone to a duel. If anyone accepted she'd sing insulting songs about them, then beat them and take their money. If anyone accused her of being a man disguised as a woman she'd whip out her boobs. This got her enough attention that eventually the people running the Paris f***ing Opera went to check her out and hire her, so she performed at the highest level for a bit, while beating the shit out of dudes at night. Like if Batman used his skills to mug people.

And that's basically her life. That's what she did. She travelled, took numerous lovers of all persuasions, fought and won duels, made her way by singing. The original rock star. I'd have drafted her if I'd remembered her sooner. I congratulate you on a prime acquisition.

Whoever is up is up
I love it. Got a boss bitch who ain’t no one to f*** with.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@BigToe consider Magua's post an official invitation. Get your ass over here.

f25.gif

We start the day with f*** knows who. Let's say @GKJ is on the clock, @ajgoal is on deck, Biff is on the lido deck, and Bernardo Bertolucci is on the lido afterdeck. Jojo and MacGruber have make-up picks to make, and Toe has a lot of catching up to do. Every single one of you should prepare to answer the question, quote, "What the f*** is this thing?" Do not, under any circumstances, send out any other invitations.

I am so glad that the NFL is back today. I'm not so absentminded that I have forgotten that sports are f***ing STUPID, but it's still nice to have it back. It's a distraction from other failures, which is nice. The thing that is good for me is that I have a whole bunch of teams I like. I'm not a shitty asshole who jumps ship from their own team - I have been through about 48 years of mostly pure suffering, and I'm not going to abandon them now - but there are several secondary teams that I care about, so I almost always have something or someone to root for. Plus, I have my mortal enemy to root against with every fiber of my being every second of every day.

Man, the shit in China is getting REAL. The one guy was kind of irritating in the beginning, but he turned out to be a good guy, especially once he fell for one of the girls. She seemed nice enough, but then he made a mistake and missed a date with her, and she was disappointed in him. You know how 22-year-old girls can be - you f*** up one time, and they never forget it. So he's there and he doesn't know how to fix it. The next day she asks someone else as her date to this dance they had, so they missed an entire day when they could have cleared up the misunderstanding and gotten closer. It's hard to know what she expected him to do, so I don't blame him for being confused. The day after THAT, a new guy joined the show, and this girl immediately started clinging to the new guy. She was VERY cold to the previous guy, and man, was I pissed. She also gave her voice message that night to the new guy, and when she talked to the old guy, she kind of subtly ended it. They showed a preview of the next ep, and it looks like there will be an opening for the old guy to get her back, but I went to bed really, really angry at her.

So of course I had a dream about her having a boyfriend who was TERRIBLE to her. Like, really terrible. I have never once in my life treated a woman badly, so I don't really know where this came from, but I think it just serves as proof of how REAL shit is down in China.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
The best trainers understand the mental aspects of their sport and manipulate them to their advantage. They're coaches, scouts, and psychologists all rolled into one. It doesn't hurt if they're willing to skirt the rules when applicable either.

Whether it's assembling the *ahem* replacement team from guys off the street, the brutal but caring honesty with which he approaches communication, or his not-so-subtle encouragement of light cheating, no one exemplifies these characteristics more than Jimmy McGinty. Plus, he's got the hat. You can't be a good trainer without a trademark hat.

MV5BOGY3MWI4MGQtNmZiZS00MjZhLWFiMWEtZTk4YzM3MTAwMTJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

I'll add this to the sheets, Cap.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The best trainers understand the mental aspects of their sport and manipulate them to their advantage. They're coaches, scouts, and psychologists all rolled into one. It doesn't hurt if they're willing to skirt the rules when applicable either.

Whether it's assembling the *ahem* replacement team from guys off the street, the brutal but caring honesty with which he approaches communication, or his not-so-subtle encouragement of light cheating, no one exemplifies these characteristics more than Jimmy McGinty. Plus, he's got the hat. You can't be a good trainer without a trademark hat.

MV5BOGY3MWI4MGQtNmZiZS00MjZhLWFiMWEtZTk4YzM3MTAwMTJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

I'll add this to the sheets, Cap.

One of the more underrated sports movies and also coined a phrase I still use today:

"I've seen monkey shit fights at the zoo more organized than this place."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad