NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - FRESH DOWN THERE PHASE NINETEEN!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Okay, I don't have the time or patience right now to sort through all the potential pitfalls of taking a fictional trainer who may or may not be the intellectual property of someone's Team Waiter who was once cast in the unbroadcast pilot episode of the fanfiction version of their aunt's lifestory.

That leaves me with the real world, where many of my initial notions have already been claimed.

I am going to be like a boring hockey dino and live in a boring hockey world and select Gary Roberts as Team Trainer.

@CanadianFlyer88 , go do a push-up or something.
Boooooring.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Hmmmm… that’s a good point.

So something like Giroux and Lindros in S-tier, nobody in A-tier because nobody comes close, and then the next best in B-tier?
Lindros-at his best, pure dominance, top 10 player of all time for those few years
then comes Mark Howe, followed closely by Giroux. Then again, for a few months in 2005 and 06, you could put Forsberg just a hair behind Lindros.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Lindros-at his best, pure dominance, top 10 player of all time for those few years
then comes Mark Howe, followed closely by Giroux. Then again, for a few months in 2005 and 06, you could put Forsberg just a hair behind Lindros.
Sorry but Mark Howe played professional hockey in the 70s. That DQs him from all top player discussions.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Even one game in the 70's is too many. It's a shame too because otherwise he had potential...
You do know that Gretzky and Ray Bourque played in the 70s, right?

I’m just gonna sit back watch you dig that hole a little deeper.

See, this is what happens when you drink too much choccy milk and stay up past your bedtime!

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
You do know that Gretzky and Ray Bourque played in the 70s, right?

I’m just gonna sit back watch you dig that hole a little deeper.

See, this is what happens when you drink too much choccy milk and stay up past your bedtime!
Check Gretzkys stats.

He didn't have one single season with over a 0.50 point per game pace after 2000. Just shows how much easier the game was back in the prehistoric times.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well um, he turned 40 in 2000-01 so….
Bourque’s final season, 2000-01, age 40
80gp 7-52-59, 1st team all star, Norris runner up. He played over 26 minutes per game too, 28+ in the playoffs.

Now, go to bed
Fine. Gretzky and Bourque can go on the A-tier, under Lindros and Giroux, above Clarke and Lonsberry.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Need to make two picks here, so we'll start with our team Spokesperson. We already have the perfect guy for the job in Morgan Freeman, who I'd listen to talk about anything... but this gives us a chance to add another great voice to our franchise.

He has played two pop culture icons and almost everyone would recognize the voice alone. The Seattle Sockeyes are thrilled to select Sir Patrick Stewart as our team spokesperson.

Patrick_Stewart.PNG.png

I waffled on two extraordinarily different tunes for our team anthem, but I've made up mind, slightly hilarious to me, given my make up selection above.

This anthem actually is a national anthem but, like the best team anthems, it's short, it gets the crowd pumped, and it's easy for even a casual fan to remember... plus, it takes a giant dump on England, which makes it an all time classic.

The Seattle Sockeyes are proud to select Flower of Scotland as our team anthem, which will be sung by the Hampden Park Supporters.

@mja, when will we see your like again?

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
The NJFZ will select D Otto Salin.

Salin-01.jpg

He's Finnish, he's a RHD, and apparently he's a strong skater with plus offensive ability. Plus, Otto is just a fun name.

We believe this completes our draft for this phase, and we're filled with great anticipation for legendary Phase 20!

p.s. @Captain Dave Poulin, our team anthem should be "We Don't Pump Our Gas, We Pump Our Fists!"

@Young Sandwich

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
The Sexpos searched high and low for someone with an undeniably vast track record of being super f***ing creepy, but always kept coming back to one name. Though her sex appeal is lost on us personally, there is undoubtedly a large section of our fanbase that finds her irresistible if the internet is to be believed. Her acting prowess will allow her to vary her creepiness to fit each QV individual's creepiest nightmares for a completely personalized creeper experience. Creepy.

Sweeney-Todd.jpg

Team Creeper - Helena Bonham Carter

@Asnito let's get creepy

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm all over the place now. Need my brain to be fresher.

confusedanime.gif

We start the day with @Asnito on the clock, Jojo on deck, @BernieParent on the lido deck, and @Beef Invictus on the lido afterdeck.

Everybody take a look at the sheet and let me know what is missing (i.e. the category and the answer). I know I am missing CF88's Anchorperson and Jojo's French Fries, among others. This is what happens when an easily distracted League Secretary is confronted with constantly skipped picks. But it's mostly down to the flakiness of yours truly.

I finished the Chinese series last night and got straight into another one. I was going to come on here and offer $1000 to the first person who can guess the name of it, but changed my mind for a few reasons. The first reason is that I have zero dollars. The second reason is that there is no way anyone could guess it, and we would be waiting an eternity to find out the answer. The third reason is that it is too hilarious, and I couldn't wait, so I am just going to tell you. Are you ready? OK, here we go. The name of my new Chinese dating series is ... wait for it ...

"Twinkle Love"

tumblr_owxg0hHuLb1uobl94o4_250.gifv

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
The Sexpos searched high and low for someone with an undeniably vast track record of being super f***ing creepy, but always kept coming back to one name. Though her sex appeal is lost on us personally, there is undoubtedly a large section of our fanbase that finds her irresistible if the internet is to be believed. Her acting prowess will allow her to vary her creepiness to fit each QV individual's creepiest nightmares for a completely personalized creeper experience. Creepy.

Sweeney-Todd.jpg

@Asnito let's get creepy
Burn it with fire!

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

Sweeney-Todd.jpg

@Asnito let's get creepy

She was on the NJFZ shortlist for this category. Also, I'm a fan. I don't suppose you've seen Wings of the Dove?

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
She was on the NJFZ shortlist for this category. Also, I'm a fan. I don't suppose you've seen Wings of the Dove?
I have not, though I doubt it would change my mind. Different strokes for different folks and whatnot. That said, we at the Sexpos fully support you and all others for whatever sexual preferences you're into, so long as they are legal and moral.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The NJFZ will select D Otto Salin.

Salin-01.jpg

He's Finnish, he's a RHD, and apparently he's a strong skater with plus offensive ability. Plus, Otto is just a fun name.

We believe this completes our draft for this phase, and we're filled with great anticipation for legendary Phase 20!

p.s. @Captain Dave Poulin, our team anthem should be "We Don't Pump Our Gas, We Pump Our Fists!"

@Young Sandwich

Stay out of my Fifth Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad