NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – THANK YOU, HELLO PHASE TWENTY-SEVEN!

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Team Haunted Area:

attachment-dan-meyers-wB6B3AqXjy0-unsplash.jpg

The Pine Barrens

@Striiker

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Good morning, Quacks.

pNeIaPl.gif

We start the day with @DancingPanther on the clock, @ajgoal on deck, @GKJ on the lido deck, and Chuckles on the lido afterdeck. Jojo and Milord can make up their picks when they have time.

I watched "Monkey Man" last night. It wasn't really anywhere near as good as the trailers made me think it would be. Still, it's not like it isn't worth watching - there are some cool things about it, like the allies he finds, and the amount of blood. It's not something I'll go out of my way to watch again.

"Merrill's Marauders" is on TV right now, and that's making me imagine all of the snakes in Burma, and what they would do to you as you walk through the shithole of a place, so it's freaking me out. I have just enough composure left to remind you that Burmese girls are an underrated treasure, and you can take that to the bank.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Well, it's Sunday, so ... I don't know.

jg8q5x2.jpg

We start the day with @DancingPanther on the clock, We'll skip ajgoal for now, so @GKJ is on deck, @Chuck Downie is on the lido deck, and Strawberry is on the lido afterdeck. Jojo and Milord can make up their picks when they have time.

I had a terrible nightmare, mostly because of the universe, but also because I fell asleep with war movies on TCM, so my sleep was very disturbed. I'm going to go take it out on Civilization V.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’m sure it has to be my pick by now, so I’m going.

I’m picking Union Transfer for my concert venue. It’s the old Spaghetti Warehouse on Spring Garden Street. Easy enough to get in and out of. Can’t see Chvrches there anymore because it’s too small, but the bathrooms are accessible without losing your spot and Michelle Zauner used to work there.

1716769719896.jpeg

@Chuck Downie

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Congratulations to ... some milk-drinking motherf***er for winning that dopey car race.

Ulswrjl.gif

We start the day with @BigToe on the clock, @Magua on deck, @pit on the lido deck, and Jojo on the lido afterdeck with a pair (phrasing). Plus DP and Milord. It's a holiday, so don't get worked up about it either way.

Happy Memorial Day. Don't do anything I wouldn't do.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
What do you get when you burn and/or bury over 100,000 plague victims in one place, then start confining your psychiatric patients to the same island hundreds of years later? If this place ain't haunted, nowhere is. I understand it's for sale.

poveglia-for-sale.jpg

Poveglia-Island-Wirestock-Images-via-shutterstock-960x640.jpg

Poveglia-bones-elianemey-via-pixabay-640x480.jpg

Team Haunted Place: Poveglia Island (Venice, Italy)

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Sorry, holiday summer weekends are an endless parade of people dropping by unannounced.

MBqhXrC.gif

cq_Rnx.gif

The way I understand Team Badwill Ambassador is that we’re looking for someone you would avoid talking to at all costs, but in a fun way. You don’t want to saddle yourself with Gene Simmons. Of course our minds went directly to actor, filmmaker, CD-R aficionado, and retired architect Neil Breen.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
As far as Local Icons go, there are more choices than you might guess without even having to leave the island. But it feels like cheating to pick someone who has or had a vacation house here. The most famous full time resident ever also turned out to be a prick, so that rules him out. But there was a person who worked for said jerk who fits the bill nicely.

kurt-loder-1-e5c9ec459b444037a1aa36232cae719e.jpg

Kurt Loder

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Ok, so if this one doesn’t work, I’ll be happy to replace it. Magua took Harvey Birdman as his Team Lawyer, but the show itself was not selected. Neither was the show the character is originally from taken in any form.

Barney-Rubble-Cropped.jpg

Team Gangster: Barney Rubble

@pit I would happily frame you the way Barney framed Fred in that episode. (complimentary)

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
World Traveller
I woke this guy up out of a coma just to get him to announce our pick for Team Gangster.

a7bec685-21b0-42b2-ad27-ecdce9da79d7_text.gif

I think that's legit since this isn't a Category 5, but please let me know if I'm wrong.

Team Gangster: Keyser Söze

@Magua The greatest pick, erm, trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist.
Great pick!! Awesome movie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad