NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – THANK YOU, HELLO PHASE TWENTY-SEVEN!

Chuck Downie

Cheese and olive
Jul 11, 2007
Prince Edward Island
Team Concert Venue

Sunnyvale Trailer Park

1716984970476.jpeg

@GKJ

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Identity theft is no joke, Jim.

jsotzLB.jpg

We start the day with @Strawberry Fields picking at lunchtime, @Chuck Downie on deck, @GKJ on the lido deck, and ajgoal on the lido afterdeck.

I finished the limited series "A Man in Full" last night. I read the book when it came out in the 90s, and it's not like I remember much of it or anything, but holy shit, they took some liberties. The strange part is that everything outside of the "Man" in question was done extremely well. You could question David E. Kelly for making this show as an excuse to film another trial, but at least it was done well. The main character was a hammy joke with no substance - the building up of him, aside from easy cliches, was completely ignored. That made this a near total waste of time. A Man Completely Empty.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Cap, for TV family, can we take a film family? I only ask because you reference film series in the description. Or was that because there might be some families that cross over into both TV & film?

Yosh, it's the latter. It should be a family from TV, but if it also appeared in film, it's fine. But focus on TV.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm breathless with anticipation to see if this gets stupidly automerged.

ITb0tL4.gif

We start the day with @CanadianFlyer88 on the clock, a complete idiot named @Lord Defect on deck with three picks - none of which can include any f***ing Briere or poster on this website - to make, @Rebels57 on the lido deck, and Bernie on the lido afterdeck.

I'm almost finished with the Netflix series "Bodkin," starring MacGruber himself. It's aggressively fine, but a review called it "the most entertaining new series of the year." I noticed right away when shows and films started unashamedly using the "reviews" of no-marks on social media as if they had any credentials on which to base the authority of their opinions. This is (probably) another one of those, but even actual "reviews" have gone completely to shit. Some of the crap they champion, and most of the justifications for their reviews, make my head spin like "Exorcist."

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
The local icon category wounds me, as the villainous @GKJ knows full well.

Instead of a local Seattle icon, we'll go for a local hometown icon. Everyone I know from Kingston has some connection to his band. The band never did make it big in the US, but had one SNL appearance at the behest of Dan Aykroyd.

The passing of this icon pretty much led to a day of national mourning in Canada. He's a far better representation for Kingston than the blowhard normally associated with the city.

The Seattle Sockeyes are thrilled to select Gord Downie.

images.jpeg

@Lord Defect, eat your chicken slow. It's full of all them little bones.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Yosh. What? Oh. I thought I heard something.

sQrCUSs.gif

We start the day with @Rebels57 on the clock, @BernieParent on deck, my brother on the lido deck, and Bigglesworth on the lido afterdeck. And then there's @Lord Defect.

I can't handle a Rangers-Edmonton final series, so do what you have to. You know what I'm saying, know'msayin'?
I hear ya, I’m praying for a Panthers/Stars final.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I've always been a fan of Vintage WWII Chronographs, particularly the Japanese Military.

For the FOG, we choose the Vintage WWII Japanese Naval SEIKO as our Wrist Watch

1717174421981.png

@Captain Dave Poulin I'm still waiting for you to scold @Magua for downplaying Fletchers potential damage to the Hurricanes

Also,@BernieParent you are up...and It looks like you might not need those piss-filled super-soakers afterall.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm about to go crush Civilization with some Romans, so look out.

v9FO8JX.jpg

We start the day with @BernieParent on the clock, @Hollywood Cannon on deck, Bigglesworth on the lido deck, and myself on the lido afterdeck. Plus, @Lord Defect ... somewhere.

Having given up on continuing to read the book for the umpteenth time several months ago (too much religion), I finally watched the first part of "Dune" last night. Pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty f***ing good. The combat scenes are a twirly f***ing mess, but that hardly matters. I'll watch the second part tonight, so no spoilers.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"We thought long and hard about the many various types of TV families portrayed over the decades, from the hilarious to the darkly dysfunctional, and we had a difficult time bringing our decision down to one. But choose we must. We select the Robinson family from Lost in Space.

ad068def-defa-4fb6-aac5-64b8e1df1a56-LIS_203_Unit_00320RC.jpg

"How can you go wrong with a former Navy SEAL father, a PhD Engineer mother, an adoptive medical doctor daughter, a brilliant young son who develops an enduring friendship with a robot, and a rebellious, sarcastic but ultimately loyal middle-child daughter? Plus, the aforementioned Robot as their 'pet'.

"Apart from the sci-fi drama and action, Lost in Space is largely about a family being pressure-tested in confronting and addressing deep hurts, resentments, and flaws and becoming all the stronger for it. Plus, we are particularly drawn to the adoption angle of the family structure.

"The Robinsons always stick together.

"We would do a compare/contrast to the original Space Family Robinson, but we are already woefully behind in making this selection, so we will humbly pass the drafting conch to @Hollywood Cannon, who has likely been patiently refreshing for the better part of a fully day."

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yosh, here we are again.

ez7oMD6.gif

We start the day with @Beef Invictus on the clock, @Young Sandwich on deck with a pair (gross), then back through Biff and myself to @BiggE and then my bruv with two picks to make.

I watched the second part of "Dune" last night, as I said I would. I always keep my promises. It was really good, obviously, but ... I don't know. There was a little something that kept me at arm's length. I have no idea what it is. Probably just all of the religion, which I am not interested in when it comes to my stories. Still, it was a pretty impressive achievement in filmmaking.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $800.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: