NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – HISTORIC PHASE TWENTY!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... yes, I think so. It's not one of the crazy strict NO DUPLICATES categories.

Just random words barfed together at the same time. Nice going.
If band A has a huge hit and band B covers it, I assume that’s perfectly fine even if band A is already selected. If band A is selected already in the past phases and covers band B’s hit is that still ok?

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Pup had her surgery today and hasn't stopped crying the entire ride or since she got home. :( There's pain meds but they have to wait until a little later.

They had to make a long cut from the shoulder-blade area vertically down her side and remove it from under muscle, apparently. Although the vet said its positive that what was removed seemed to be pretty "encapsulated".

Now the pup has to be kept calm and still, as much as possible, for the next two weeks until the staples are removed. Luckily she has a vest thingy on for the entire time and no bandages need to be changed, so the incision isn't exposed or in any danger of being licked/bit/scratched/scraped. I'm currently icing the area with a small pack of frozen brussel sprouts, which seems to be helping a little because the crying is getting a bit softer and shes closing her eyes a bit.

d26940debfbbabe301d8a02118b0bb21.png

Last edited:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Pup had her surgery today and hasn't stopped crying the entire ride or since she got home. :( There's pain meds but they have to wait until a little later.

They had to make a long cut from the shoulder-blade area vertically down her leg and remove it from under muscle, apparently. Although the vet said its positive that what was removed seemed to be pretty "encapsulated".

Now the pup has to be kept calm and still, as much as possible, for the next two weeks until the staples are removed. Luckily she has a vest thingy on for the entire time and no bandages need to be changed, so the incision isn't exposed or in any danger of being licked/bit/scratched/scraped. I'm currently icing the area with a small pack of frozen brussel sprouts, which seems to be helping a little because the crying is getting a bit softer and shes closing her eyes a bit.

Holy f***, what a good dog. I am going to f***ing find every bump I can and go ape shit on them.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

They had to make a long cut from the shoulder-blade area vertically down her leg and remove it from under muscle, apparently. Although the vet said its positive that what was removed seemed to be pretty "encapsulated".

Awww poor baby, I hope she feels better soon.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Hope she feels better soon! Hopefully, the meds do the trick later. Those surgery suits/vests are a godsend.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015

She's a perfect girl who will get better quickly.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Ok just checking. That doesn’t apply to my pick anyway

Give her a cookie when she’s better

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
#Levels are one of the true tentpoles of the Quackverse. One might even say creative interpretations are encouraged. I know linking the actual scene was supposed to be off-limits, but we think it's required in this special case. With that in mind, I give you the M.A.D. Cats' 80s nude scene.

20220929-154807.png

This Dutch illustrated scene of the conception of Alexander the Great dates from ca. 1482. It has been given the rather accurate title of "
Alexander the Great's mother sleeping with a dragon
" for what we will assume are obvious reasons. Unfortunately, spare time does not exist for a proper writeup of the #Levels involved in the scene itself, so we'll have to rely on an excellent one from a University of Iowa source. If the Hawkeyes know anything, it's how to be impotent offensively.

The image above depicts the Macedonian queen Olympias in bed with the Egyptian sorcerer and exiled pharaoh, Nectanebo, disguised as a dragon. Meanwhile, Olympias’s husband, King Philip, peers through a small window in the door to spy on the scene. According to the story, Nectanebo used astrology to convince the queen that a god would appear to her in the form of a dragon and she would bear his son. Nectanebo then transforms himself into a dragon, tricking Olympias into thinking that he is the prophesied god. The dragon seems to smile triumphantly at King Philip, wrapping its arms around Olympias in a possessive manner. Interestingly, the dragon does not conceal or hide Olympias from the eyes of the viewer or King Philip. The audience is thus placed in the position of King Philip, able to observe the scene through a small window, but powerless to intervene. The image brings into question the significance of private female spaces and adulterous queens. As the act depicted here marks the conception of Alexander the Great, it also serves as evidence of Alexander’s extraordinary origins and suggests a potential rationale for his immense success as a warrior and ruler.

@DancingPanther Whether deep in your heart, you're a wizard Pharoah or a cuckolded king, we still appreciate you.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
#Levels are one of the true tentpoles of the Quackverse. One might even say creative interpretations are encouraged. I know linking the actual scene was supposed to be off-limits, but we think it's required in this special case. With that in mind, I give you the M.A.D. Cats' 80s nude scene.

20220929-154807.png

This Dutch illustrated scene of the conception of Alexander the Great dates from ca. 1482. It has been given the rather accurate title of "
Alexander the Great's mother sleeping with a dragon" for what we will assume are obvious reasons. Unfortunately, spare time does not exist for a proper writeup of the #Levels involved in the scene itself, so we'll have to rely on an excellent one from a University of Iowa source. If the Hawkeyes know anything, it's how to be impotent offensively.

@DancingPanther Whether deep in your heart, you're a wizard Pharoah or a cuckolded king, we still appreciate you.
#kinklevels. Great post.

ajgoal

Jun 29, 2015

I'm just surprised you went there this early.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
The Plats choose the PHILADELPHIA FLYERS as their team sports fans.

This means you're all Plats fans now, even if we're not flyers "fans" right now. Because, simply, we are in the grand scheme of things

So, everyone, welcome to the Providence fandom. It's a pleasure to welcome you all. Help yourself to some bud

@CanadianFlyer88 you're up, Plats fan

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace

This means you're all Plats fans now, even if we're not flyers "fans" right now. Because, simply, we are in the grand scheme of things

So, everyone, welcome to the Providence fandom. It's a pleasure to welcome you all. Help yourself to some bud

1071428.gif

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013

Jokes on you, we love the team so much we hate them. So naturally we hate the plats. Especially cap.

ajgoal

Jun 29, 2015

Congrats, you get to have the contrarians and authentics around you all the time.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
We would never forgive ourselves for passing on this only to see it taken later, so we'll just get it out of the way.

We are an aquatic franchise, of course, located on the coast of the world's largest body of water. So, as only befits the city of Seattle, sockeye salmon, the Seattle Sockeyes, the Tacoma Totems, the Bering Sea Bears (our roller hockey franchise), the Sockeyes are thrilled to select the Pacific Ocean as our team body of water.

Pacific-Ocean-Map.jpg

@Beef Invictus! Scratchy Onion! Dilapidated Onion! Mischievous Onion!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Thank you CF88! Outrageous CF88! Superficial CF88! Gainful CF88!

I feel I must start this phase with a strong pick. And this pick is "strong" in the same way that Malort is "strong."

CALIGULA

caligula.jpeg

I choose Caligula as my nude scene. The whole damned thing. The entire thing is one endless nude scene; finding stills without naked humans or genital cake was not easy, but I got that one. And it's not erotic, tasteful, artistic, or sensual nudity, no. It's weird nudity all the way through. This movie has it all; Helen Mirren, Peter O'Toole, and Malcolm MacDowell (all inexplicably), a multi-level freakshow that bumped Judgement Day four centuries closer, Julio-Claudians complete with Creepy Uncle Tiberius, force-feeding wine to a Praetorian before slicing his stomach open to get it back, the worst wedding ever, and a lawnmower that decapitates buried people. One review described it as "a travesty," another as "a moral holocaust." Welcome to the Quackverse. Be happy I didn't take anything from [redacted] or [redacted], I know that @Amorgus would have.

Released in the US in 1980, delayed because the government considered firing all reels to the moon.

@Rebels57

Onerous Rebels! Past Rebels! Resonant Rebels!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad